• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbodor.

What trailer is Lance using Hydregion?
The one with preview for all master'8 battles:

Screen-Shot-2022-06-10-at-11-45-29.png

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
So it's a 3v3 and the teams we see on the preview for the 1st round are as follows:

Alain-Mega Charizard X, Chestnaught
Leon-Rillaboom, Charizard
Lance-Dragonite, Gyarados? and Hydreigon
Iris-Haxorus
Diantha-Aurorus, Mega Gardevoir
Cynthia- Milotic, Mega Garxhomp
Steven-Mega Metagross, Cradily (why)
Ash-Pikachu, Gengar

Ever since BW, I really wanted Lance to have a Hydreigon if he ever returned, so this makes me happy. So does Diantha having an Aurorus and Alain having Chestnaught.

Heitor160

I somewhat could believe Cynthia is winning this but no way is not Haxorus taking the shark down

Hate to say but she’s not weak and people gotta drop the “she lost to Ash”. Every single opponent Ash fights is losing. She just was the first and as of today Paul was the last.

This is a fair battle against no main characters. I think she’ll win
I think the purpose of the match is to show how much Iris has grown, but she doesn't need a win in order to prove that. She'll take down 2 of Cynthia's Pokémon and even force her to Mega Evolve in order to win, all of this without even using a gimmick, so that's already a huge accomplishment. She doesn't need to win here, it makes more sense for Cynthia to win and battle Ash.
Also, having an Ash vs Iris rematch during the semi-finals with the same result as their first battle would feel rather pointless.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So it's a 3v3 and the teams we see on the preview for the 1st round are as follows:

Alain-Mega Charizard X, Chestnaught
Leon-Rillaboom, Charizard
Lance-Dragonite, Gyarados? and Hydreigon
Iris-Haxorus
Diantha-Aurorus, Mega Gardevoir
Cynthia- Milotic, Mega Garxhomp
Steven-Mega Metagross, Cradily (why)
Ash-Pikachu, Gengar

Ever since BW, I really wanted Lance to have a Hydreigon if he ever returned, so this makes me happy. So does Diantha having an Aurorus and Alain having Chestnaught.
I would prefer a Clumsy Hydreigon for Iris and something like a Kingdra or A-Exeggutor for Lance. Or even Salamance.

Is the Chesnaught a nod to Marian and her Chespin? Maybe she gave it to Alain?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Honestly. Stick with the OG’s. They established Excadrill and Emolga still exist and Excadrill is her starter. Say what you want but in that trailer Cynthia got no hits. Perhaps they’re saving her other members for the semis and Iris is using a gimickless ace against two Pokémon with no switch outs and Cynthia is forced into Mega Evolving. Do the math. If I’m wrong then welp

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I would prefer a Clumsy Hydreigon for Iris and something like a Kingdra or A-Exeggutor for Lance. Or even Salamance.

Is the Chesnaught a nod to Marian and her Chespin? Maybe she gave it to Alain?
I would prefer the Shiny Druddigon (Clair might give her as a gift) and Goodra for Iris.

Also, I know Excadrill is her starter but I want Iris to use an only Dragons team. Also hopefully she will not be using Dragonite again.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I think the purpose of the match is to show how much Iris has grown, but she doesn't need a win in order to prove that. She'll take down 2 of Cynthia's Pokémon and even force her to Mega Evolve in order to win, all of this without even using a gimmick, so that's already a huge accomplishment. She doesn't need to win here, it makes more sense for Cynthia to win and battle Ash.
Also, having an Ash vs Iris rematch during the semi-finals with the same result as their first battle would feel rather pointless.
Yea but no.

“Iris doesn’t need to be Champion she could be a Gym Leader”

“Iris doesn’t need to comeback she could just train Ash for the Masters 8”

Nah. She’ll fight Leon. Replace all of names with Ash and Leon and you’ll understand how weird that sounds. If Ash’s perspective is climbing the PWC later and fighting your unbeatable Champion idol who’s known for having an unbeatable then that also applies here. She needs this win to establish her title and get you dizzies to stop calling her weak.

She’s a main character like Ash and status has been renewed per this episode. Her character development has restarted (rather continued). She wanted to fight Cynthia because she had a prominent Dragon ace.

She’s just as much as a Champion as Cynthia so she has a fair fight here

Cynthia doesn’t need to win here beyond the fact most of you want her battling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.