• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
I somewhat could believe Cynthia is winning this but no way is not Haxorus taking the shark down

Hate to say but she’s not weak and people gotta drop the “she lost to Ash”. Every single opponent Ash fights is losing. She just was the first and as of today Paul was the last.

This is a fair battle against no main characters. I think she’ll win
Yow will be dissapointed for undermining Sinnoh's queen.

Also, no way Ash and Iris are having a rematch lol

Heitor160

You know very well if Cynthia was only using Garchomp and Iris revealed multiple Pokemon and depended on a gimmick with no hits in you'd be calling her a jobber. Let's wait until the episode.
Literally no one would call Iris a jobber for losing against Cynthia, the second strongest trainer in the world. Iris is a great trainer, and I really like her as well, but she's just not on Cynthia's level.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Yow will be dissapointed for undermining Sinnoh's queen.

Also, no way Ash and Iris are having a rematch lol
He gave you two weeks to cope and process this. Get with it before they go by

Literally no one would call Iris a jobber for losing against Cynthia, the second strongest trainer in the world. Iris is a great trainer, and I really like her as well, but she's just not on Cynthia's level.
Welp let’s just wait until the episode airs. Said that during the Raihan episode as well.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well she’s not my waifu… it’s not that deep. I just love characters that’s over hated for no reason. Funny you brought Naruto up— like Sakura. Big fan. Also but yea Iris’ main character check just got cashed again. She has agency as well. And beat Ash towards the punch line the “main character”. She wasn’t brought back to lose
You must stan Mineta as well.

Decidueye23

Well she’s not my waifu… it’s not that deep. I just love characters that’s over hated for no reason. Funny you brought Naruto up— like Sakura. Big fan. Also but yea Iris’ main character check just got cashed again. She has agency as well. And beat Ash towards the punch line the “main character”. She wasn’t brought back to lose
I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying. I really like sakura too. But i dont expect her to beat Madara. Or tame the 9 tails fox. Because thats narutos story.

Also these are fictional chsracters none of them have any agency. Beyond that i have no clue what you mean by she beat ash towards the main character thing...

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Something something "but he's a Steel-type Trainer!!!"
Steven does use Rock-types alongside his Steel-types. In fact his R/S and OR/AS teams have half Steel, half Rock. He uses both the Hoenn fossils too in the first match. OR/AS unfortunately replaced them with Aerodactyl and of all things, Carbink with an unfitting moveset.

Sham

I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying. I really like sakura too. But i dont expect her to beat Madara. Or tame the 9 tails fox. Because thats narutos story.

Also these are fictional chsracters none of them have any agency. Beyond that i have no clue what you mean by she beat ash towards the main character thing...
Okay first of all you did not just make that comparison especially when Naruto didn’t even directly take out Madara. You did not just say Iris is Sakura and Cynthia is Madara. Perhaps comparing Kage like Garra and Tsuande but you’re dragging it

Fire_Phoenix

In case anyone wondering what each character say during the special trailer, here is what i can hear:

(The climax battle has begin!)
Dande: Come at me!
Alan: DRAGON CLAW!
Dande: ANCIENT POWER!
Carne: MOONBLAST!
Wataru: Let's show them our new power! <- I wonder what this is
Iris: Let's go, Ononokusu!
Shirona: DRACO METEOR!
Daigo: COMET PUNCH!
Satoshi: ELECTROWEB!
(Who will be the strongest!?)

Decidueye23

Okay first of all you did not just make that comparison especially when Naruto didn’t even directly take out Madara. You did not just say Iris is Sakura and Cynthia is Madara. Perhaps comparing Kage like Garra and Tsuande but you’re dragging it
What i mean to say is In Naruto, Naruto and Sasuke are the main protagonists while sakura occupies the companion position akin to the poke girls in pokemon. That was the comparision. Also literally no ome is calling iris a jobber othet than you saying people are calling iris a jobber.

Sham

Anyway when she defeats your Pokémon Pearl hero there will be no Iris slander or salt. You’ve been given weeks to process this

Actually don’t care it’s a free internet but

Vernikova

Champion
The preview kind of just exposes how bad the characterization is for most of the M8. Ash, Iris, Alain are the only ones who've been fleshed out. While the others have some character, it's not really enough to make their battles compelling without the aid of those three unless you're fans of their non-characters from the game or extra material like Masters. I look at the possible Leon vs Lance or Diantha match, and there's no reason to watch that other than it being a match to watch. It's why I preferred Iris facing Lance and then Iris losing to Leon in the semi-finals, and Ash could really face any of Alain, Diantha, or Steven in the quarterfinals as long as he faced Cynthia and then Leon.

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
He gave you two weeks to cope and process this. Get with it before they go by

Welp let’s just wait until the episode airs. Said that during the Raihan episode as well.
I respect your opinion but this level of HOPIUM will thoroughly destroy you.

Well, anyways I am more of an IRIS fan than Cynthia so no way I am COPING but Cynthia is the most popular Champion.

@Sham wanna place bets?

Status
Not open for further replies.