• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Erm didn’t say all of that. If the narrative purpose was that Iris was just gonna job Cynthia then honestly would of been okay if she fought Leon since it would be about the same outcome as long as Alain was spared of that.

It just seems nitpicky being bothered about who beat who in especially when Ash’s numerical position changes weren’t even linear in the Hyper Class

If this is the case then it’s ridiculous that both of them were brought back just so they could lose. Have either of them fight Cynthia and Leon but not both where both lose
My main point was for a way to still have Ash battle Alain so if Ash finished in 7th then he could have taken on Cynthia then we could have seen Alain take on Steven and see a resolution to that battle since that battle was not decided. And a lot of people were hoping to see that matchup, but it is what it is.

Ash beating Alain without Greninja would be like Ash beating Paul without Infernape. Except Ash and Paul have a fun dynamic with their contrasting personalities, there's next to no dynamic between Ash and Alain outside of "that Greninja of yours is interesting".
They definitely had a dynamic though? What is this changing of history with Alain's character and his relationship with Ash? The whole reason Alain joined the Kalos League was because of Ash and not only that, he's the reason Alain was able to move on from his shame on working with Lysandre. Not to mention the contrast the show made evident behind Alain's reasoning to become the greatest versus Ash's reason to become a Pokemon master. I have major critiques of Alain as a rival, but to boil their dynamic to " that Greninja of yours is interesting " has to be one of the dumber statements I've heard about XY in a while.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Erm didn’t say all of that. If the narrative purpose was that Iris was just gonna job Cynthia then honestly would of been okay if she fought Leon since it would be about the same outcome as long as Alain was spared of that.

It just seems nitpicky being bothered about who beat who in especially when Ash’s numerical position changes weren’t even linear in the Hyper Class

If this is the case then it’s ridiculous that both of them were brought back just so they could lose. Have either of them fight Cynthia and Leon but not both where both lose
At least Iris and Cynthia have a connection so the blow isn't that bad. Alain is going to learn how Trevor felt.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
At least Iris and Cynthia have a connection so the blow isn't that bad.
Iris vs Cynthia is arguably worse if she loses. And here’s why

If Iris defeats Mega Garchomp but loses the battle it makes the next battle of Ash vs Cynthia look crazy because Iris basically finished the job and there is no lore with that battle because she just got demolished and had to use Mega Evolution against somebody who doesn’t. The battle will come across like Mega Evolution is the only difference in strength between them (which I’m fine with but that Ash vs Cynthia battle is gonna be whack). It’ll just make it seem like Cynthia got lucky that GF decided on giving Garchomp a Mega instead.

If Iris doesn’t beat Mega Garchomp then what was the narrative point of hyping up that rematch battle between them?

Either way Alain and Iris shouldn’t of been pinned against them at the same time because it makes all parties look bad.

It should of been either or none at all but it just makes it seems like the adults are always gonna be stronger than the kids and very predictable having them both knocked out at the same time

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Alain is going to learn how Trevor felt.

unless they lead off with their charizard's then that won't be true.

I know people are probably tired of spoilers, but i'm kind of hoping due to the break we're getting that they'll have an extended preview here.

If Iris defeats Mega Garchomp but loses the battle it makes the next battle of Ash vs Cynthia look crazy because Iris basically finished the job and there is no lore with that battle because she just got demolished and had to use Mega Evolution against somebody who doesn’t. The battle will come across like Mega Evolution is the only difference in strength between them (which I’m fine with but that Ash vs Cynthia battle is gonna be whack). It’ll just make it seem like Cynthia got lucky that GF decided on giving Garchomp a Mega instead.

Well...there is one possibility to keep things interesting, given the fact people are still hyping the Mega Zard Y figurine thus believing that Leon or Lance have it, what if Cynthia has a Z-ring and employs that in her potential fight with Ash instead of mega evolving her Garchomp?

After all she's got a Kommo-o, and while i know it's unlikely, the writers said we'd see "Surprising" things during this, and it'd be nice to see at least one other person besides Ash show Alola some love during this thing.

This is karma for Ash loosing to Alain in the Kalos League

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I wonder why there isnt a proper summary by now so we could now who is the third Pokemon for both Leon and Alain.
i too hope that Alain at least beat 2 of Leon's Pokemon, G-Max Rillaboom will probably be beaten by Mega Charizard X after G-Max Rillaboom beats Chesnaught and then Leon's Charizard will beat Mega Charizard X.

Sham

Hopefully we at least get a conversation between strongest companion and rival.

It seems like they’re making a narrative choice to keep Alain secluded. As a Alain fan this is just dirty and hopefully he doesn’t immediately leave tournament.

No intersections? Just came here to lose and leave?

Even the whole elevator scene in the trailer and Alain not being there. They’re really trying to imply he’s the weakest link and not a Champion. Hopefully it’s not true and puts on a good fight

Anyway I do like how Alain looks pretty confident himself in that shot

Sham

Oh, please. When have we ever seen this guy say more than two sentences to anybody outside of Team Flare, Mairin, Sycamore, or Ash.
Steven?

With saying that I wonder will they allow Alain to actually seem like he’s putting in work against Leon’s Charizard

Status
Not open for further replies.