• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 18th: PM2019 071 - Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Levi isn't enough to
I'm not exactly sure how capturing certain Pokemon can deem someone worthy of catching Mew. It's not like these organizers even know where Mew is but somehow are withholding the info from "unqualified" members.

Unless these Pokemon have Mew DNA in them and they're creating a tracker to corner the thing down.

It's still pretty weird to refer to a non-regional native a regional native of another region. However, it's just much weirder that this isn't taking place in the actual region where the form was first discovered. Why is it in Sinnoh of all places.
The Vulpix and Ninetales can take on these forms if they are in a cold climate. Nothing else to it.

Rune Knight

I know that this is a little off topic but there is a Kantonian Shiny Ninetails in the snowy region in New Pokémon Snap which I did find a little odd and made me wonder why they didn't just use the Alola form instead.

But, I overlooked something. The place where you find Ninetails is not a snowy region, in fact, it is a region that is susceptible to seasonal changes. So the reason why Ninetails has its Kantonian form is because for most of the year it does not need to be its Alolan variant.

However, this proves that regional variants can't just morph into their alternate forms, they need to be born with it like in the games. Alolan Ninetails is mostly native to Alola, but I'm guessing that it can be explained by saying that someone likely imported them to Sinnoh at some point, at least in the anime.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"I'm sorry, Goh, but you're disqualified."
"WHY?!"
"Let's just say our team is kind of concerned that you want to CATCH Mew. We just want to find it."
"Don't you KNOW I want to catch it?!"
"Yeah, and doing that will completely make our research into what it does in the environment moot without trainer intervention. Didn't you read the manual?"
"I'M THE MANUAL."

Mew29240

Wouldn't the fact that there's an Alolan NInetails in Sinnoh at all be something worth investigating? It wouldn't be anything notable if it was on Mt. Lanakila.

My current theory for this episode is that the investigators at Project Mew are predicting that there's a Regice in Mt. Coronet because of the Alolan Ninetails. Sure, a Vulpix might convert to its Alolan variant there because of the cold climate, but it doesn't change the fact that it still needs an Ice Stone to evolve (ignoring the possibility that a Ninetails may have converted to its Alolan variant instead). I'll bet they'll give Regice the power to create Ice Stones (or maybe it makes them as a byproduct of its other abilities).

In this case, they're sending out a potential recruit (Goh) to scout out the location and hope to get additional information that might lead them to Regice without telling Goh the true reasons behind the mission.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wouldn't the fact that there's an Alolan NInetails in Sinnoh at all be something worth investigating? It wouldn't be anything notable if it was on Mt. Lanakila.

My current theory for this episode is that the investigators at Project Mew are predicting that there's a Regice in Mt. Coronet because of the Alolan Ninetails. Sure, a Vulpix might convert to its Alolan variant there because of the cold climate, but it doesn't change the fact that it still needs an Ice Stone to evolve (ignoring the possibility that a Ninetails may have converted to its Alolan variant instead). I'll bet they'll give Regice the power to create Ice Stones (or maybe it makes them as a byproduct of its other abilities).

In this case, they're sending out a potential recruit (Goh) to scout out the location and hope to get additional information that might lead them to Regice without telling Goh the true reasons behind the mission.
Are you saying Regice is radioactive ice.

...And that they may be sending a 10-year old new recruit to his icy death. Not even Lana would dare to do that as a joke.

Mew29240

Are you saying Regice is radioactive ice.

...And that they may be sending a 10-year old new recruit to his icy death. Not even Lana would dare to do that as a joke.
Eh, evolutionary stones don't seem to do anything to people/Pokemon unless they can evolve using them. It's Pokemon that can evolve from them that need to be worried (like Ash's Pikachu was when Goh's Raichu was waving it at him).

Durrendal

It's still pretty weird to refer to a non-regional native a regional native of another region. However, it's just much weirder that this isn't taking place in the actual region where the form was first discovered. Why is it in Sinnoh of all places.
Wait till you hear what the French (and a lot of Europe) call the Turkey bird.

Or the French call a guinea pig.

Durrendal

Might be because the writers don't feel the need to give it a lot of episodes due to it being the main setting last season.
Probably same thought process goes into not giving many Ash focused episodes. He was the protagonist last season.

I don’t want Ash to be involved in Project Mew.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I guess Regice is a Crown Tundra reference given they're wearing CT outfits.

Misplaced in Sinnoh.

Because of course it's stupid to do it at the actual Crown Tundra.

Which is also why the Urshifu kids inexplicably have Urshifu; a freaking Mythical Pokemon.
????? Regice is literally found in this location in Platinum lmao. Atleast wait for the episode to air before jumping into conclusions. The CT uniform is made for traversing snowy weather so makes sense why they would wear them, and they WOULD go to CT too considering the area we see in the end of the preview is Freezington. Same with Urshifu being a precursor to IOA. Jesus Christ dude. Who cares if alolan ninetails is in another region? If fits with their lore perfectly and explains why they would be going after a Mon that shouldn't be there.
People really are going hyperbolic and crazy about THIS??? Of all things? Are we really just looking at any little thing we have to go ham? Man babies

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
This show really hates the Alola region lol
I don't think they like as much as they favor it to the point of treating as some sacred land. I mean, look at all effort made in the episode they went there. Tomiyasu favoring the region that gave him his promotion

Another reason - and the more likely one - is that since it was the most recent show, there's no rush to return back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.