• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 18th: PM2019 071 - Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The only actual problem with Gou having all 3 Starters is that since Gou isn't a Battler it's really hard to develop Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey in any way that doesn't seem contrived and when things like Evolution occurs it feels completely unearned because we don't get to see these guys actually doing anything so it just feels like the Writers are handing Goh fully Evolved Starters on a Platter.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
The only actual problem with Gou having all 3 Starters is that since Gou isn't a Battler it's really hard to develop Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey in any way that doesn't seem contrived and when things like Evolution occurs it feels completely unearned because we don't get to see these guys actually doing anything so it just feels like the Writers are handing Goh fully Evolved Starters on a Platter.
Apparently, the standards are so low that you can evolve by shooting a tiny stream of water at a berry now.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Apparently, the standards are so low that you can evolve by shooting a tiny stream of water at a berry now.
Or simply by just eating (Hi Skwovet)

I swear it feels like the only reason they evolved Sobble was so that they could find a reason for Grookey to replace it because they didn't want Goh to have two shouldermons and a reason for them to justify themselves for writing Sobble out of the show

Last edited:

thor94

It is the Goh factor.
If Sobble belonged to Ash, to evolve he should have shot a powerful firehose level water jet at a legendary and win the battle.
It is same with legendaries: When ash save them it is always "thanks to save my life, but it is time to leave and forget you ever existed". But when it is Goh, it is "thanks to save my live, as reward, i now belong to you, use me as you want".

In fact, Goh is the almost gary stu version of Ash a lot of fans expect and you can read in numerous fanfictions. Catch all pokemon even legendaries without trying, his pokemon can evolve at the snap of his fingers with near zero experience, reach the battle skills level of years experienced elite trainer in barely a week and at first try, etc.

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

I swear it feels like the only reason they evolved Sobble was so that they could find a reason for Grookey to replace it because they didn't want Goh to have two shouldermons and a reason for them to justify themselves for writing Sobble out of the show

Probably even more damming that grookey is constantly shoved in our faves now, almost want to say more than the rabbit was.

Poor sooble got the unwanted stepchild treatment in comparison.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It is the Goh factor.
If Sobble belonged to Ash, to evolve he should have shot a powerful firehose level water jet at a legendary and win the battle.
It is same with legendaries: When ash save them it is always "thanks to save my life, but it is time to leave and forget you ever existed". But when it is Goh, it is "thanks to save my live, as reward, i now belong to you, use me as you want".

In fact, Goh is the almost gary stu version of Ash a lot of fans expect and you can read in numerous fanfictions. Catch all pokemon even legendaries without trying, his pokemon can evolve at the snap of his fingers with near zero experience, reach the battle skills level of years experienced elite trainer in barely a week and at first try, etc.
Ash: Training all his Pokemon hard for 20 + years, battling many trainers - NEVER had 3 starters of a region all fully evolved
Goh: Hi..

Illusio

No words, only rage

That and rushing to Inteleon. The writers barely cared about it before the movie episode and after that suddenly it goes on a private training arc and fast tracks to Drizzile who probably will evolve soon too. It feels like they had no idea what to do with Sobble and just want the cool lizard spy.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I'm especially scared that Grookey will evolve so they can give Goh a Sinnoh Starter or one from "Legends".
Arceus help us, I can even see them giving him BOTH...:eek:
It would be good but don't give him piplup that is reserved for ash so that we can say that his three starters has been fully evolved it will complete the set which he missed back in the dp

Status
Not open for further replies.