• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 18th: PM2019 071 - Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
In fact, Goh is the almost gary stu version of Ash a lot of fans expect and you can read in numerous fanfictions. Catch all pokemon even legendaries without trying, his pokemon can evolve at the snap of his fingers with near zero experience, reach the battle skills level of years experienced elite trainer in barely a week and at first try, etc.
This is SO true lmao
"Hey look Ash evolved Pokemon fast!" Ugh. Goh evolves Pokemon fast without work. Ugh.
Ash can instantly beat legendary Pokemon with no problem and catches them! Ash gets a **** ton of legendary Pokemon! If I didn't wanna see it in a fic, why do I want it in the anime???

I get SO many people asking me to give Ash more legendary Pokemon and I do my best to just ignore them. He doesn't need a boat load of legendary Pokemon, the ones that I personally gave him are treated like actual Pokemon and I've dropped hints that Charizard and Pikachu are still the top dogs despite him having a Mega capable Latias. What's the point of giving him Pokemon if they're not gonna be used or to make him too OP? Ash doesn't need to get Squishy, Guzzlord, the Hoenn/Sinnoh box trio, etc. Ya see how powerful Squishy is? How much it takes to stop a Guzzlord? How ridiculously strong the Hoenn/Sinnoh box legends are? No human should wield them, there's a reason the people that want them are villains lmao

I make a point of giving every Pokemon a battle or a story role to play at some point, that's why Kubfu and Latias are the only legendary Pokemon he owns as of right now. The only other ones that happened were temporary catch and release in a new spot so Team Rocket can't find them, since I think the whole 'leave them, not like they'll try again' philosophy is just straight stupid! I play with mythical more loosely since they're not as OP but the only one he has is Melmetal as I haven't really seen reason to give him another

Yes my Ash is 'the chosen one' but that doesn't mean the world bows to his every whim like most fics do with him and the anime does with Goh! Ash still loses, gets hurt, etc. Nobody's perfect! He's the 'chosen one' in the sense that Luke Skywalker is, he works for what he does and doesn't always get to save the day as the bad guys or a new rival might win

Red and Blue

Geez that Ninetales looks pretty pissed off. Guess it matches it's Dex description for Ultra Sun, lol

Master Pikachu 11

The only actual problem with Gou having all 3 Starters is that since Gou isn't a Battler it's really hard to develop Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey in any way that doesn't seem contrived and when things like Evolution occurs it feels completely unearned because we don't get to see these guys actually doing anything so it just feels like the Writers are handing Goh fully Evolved Starters on a Platter.
Exactly this is why I wanted Ash to catch Sobble because I knew this would happen. At least with Ash, Sobble would have been seen and got development instead of being MIA for the past couple of episodes, but oh well it is what it is.

What does Ash getting a legendary accomplish? The handling of his character and team are awful and inconsistent, and legendaries don't deserve to be dumped at Oak's farm since Ash's only long term commitment is to Pikachu.

At least with Goh they don't even pretend that his purpose is anything more than what we see. That's why they give him all these captures because it doesn't matter.

Master Pikachu 11

What does Ash getting a legendary accomplish? The handling of his character and team are awful and inconsistent, and legendaries don't deserve to be dumped at Oak's farm since Ash's only long term commitment is to Pikachu.

At least with Goh they don't even pretend that his purpose is anything more than what we see. That's why they give him all these captures because it doesn't matter.
It gives him a Pokémon that he has never owned and commanded in battle. It’s better to be at Oak’s lab then Cerise’s lab as the Pokémon can come and go as they please at Oak’s as we saw with Infernape leaving to challenge Moltres. Plus the Oak mon are still training with each other so it’s not like they are just sitting there twiddling their claws/paws. What we care about is seeing Ash use Pokémon in this series to battle rather it’s pokemon that he has or Pokémon that he could get in the future.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Ash not being a starter pokemon wh*re for once was refreshing. It's about time he caught 0. I don't think any of the Galar ones suited him anyway.
*stares at Ash's unorthodox off-the-wall typing-is-only-a-suggestion glass-cannon/lightning-bruiser fighting style*
*stares at Cinderace's unorthodox off-the-wall typing-is-only-a-suggestion glass-cannon/lightning-bruiser fighting style*

Yeah, no, you're right, totally not suited for him, what were we thinking they're much better off with Go yesiree no doubt in our minds

UnovaMaster

*stares at Ash's unorthodox off-the-wall typing-is-only-a-suggestion glass-cannon/lightning-bruiser fighting style*
*stares at Cinderace's unorthodox off-the-wall typing-is-only-a-suggestion glass-cannon/lightning-bruiser fighting style*

Yeah, no, you're right, totally not suited for him, what were we thinking they're much better off with Go yesiree no doubt in our minds

If we're lucky, Incineroar was Ash's last fire type of all time

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Do you dislike fire types? Or Ash owning one? If so why?
To be fair, AngryReactMaster is right on this one. Ash has quite a lot of Fire types, he doesn't really need any new ones in that category (especially with Quilava, Pignite still in need of development, and Incineroar still deserving of a post-evolution showcase). He's better off getting unconventional types like Psychic, Fairy, Ice etc. (or any combination of them).

fb4w1mhupim21.png

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
To be fair, AngryReactMaster is right on this one. Ash has quite a lot of Fire types, he doesn't really need any new ones in that category (especially with Quilava, Pignite still in need of development, and Incineroar still deserving of a post-evolution showcase). He's better off getting unconventional types like Psychic, Fairy, Ice etc. (or any combination of them).

fb4w1mhupim21.png
Agreed. Really want him to get more ghost ice psychic fairy dark types if he gets more mons, more variety then just fire water grass dragon and flying again

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I love how you guys always bring up his past Pokémon to speculate about the future, when the truth is that what he got already doesn't really matter. It could matter if all these forgotten Pokémon were still active and didn't appear every XX years for simple cameos. They only "care" about whoever the current team is (I know it's a bold statement considering how they're handling Ash's Pokémon this series, but you get the point).

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I love how you guys always bring up his past Pokémon to speculate about the future, when the truth is that what he got already doesn't really matter. It could matter if all these forgotten Pokémon were still active and didn't appear every XX years for simple cameos. They only "care" about whoever the current team is (I know it's a bold statement considering how they're handling Ash's Pokémon this series, but you get the point).
I agree it doesnt matter to the writers, just talking about my personal wishes

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This. It still baffles my mind about how some people use past captures as for what he should/will get in the current season.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
however, a Pokémon of a different type is always welcome.
I’m all for diversity as some of my favorite captures are far from what most would expect for the main cast. Just don’t get this weird obsession with writing off things like Fire Types or starters just because Ash had some in the past as if those attributes alone define the Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.