• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 18th: PM2019 071 - Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I really think Yonemura and Tomiyasu should take a look on Shinkalion Z - the show airing right after Pokémon on Japan - since Shin's and Abuto's dynamic is pretty much the same idea as Ash's and Goh's, just executed way better.

Also Misaki is this show's best girl since Ayu and Kasumi are non-existant (former) or just boring (later).

Give Shinkalion Z a chance. I'm finding a good show so far with some terrific character design. I'm campainging for Yuka Aono to be the character designer of whatever they do for gen 9 already!
Hunter x Hunter = Serious Manga that deals with the Various themes of Life.
Shonen manga done to appeal to a target audience only slightly older than Pokémon's would be more appropriate.

Most things coming from Shonen Jump are marketing tools for their writers to be sucessful in the life of a manga artist.

Morax

King of heroes
Shonen manga done to appeal to a target audience only slightly older than Pokémon's
Hunter x Hunter feels borderline seinen to me. Not to mention Gintama which runs in the same magazine has a lot of adult gags that would make it R-rated in the west. Is that demographic really just slightly older than pokemon?

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
I really think Yonemura and Tomiyasu should take a look on Shinkalion Z - the show airing right after Pokémon on Japan - since Shin's and Abuto's dynamic is pretty much the same idea as Ash's and Goh's, just executed way better.
They should just look at Gundam Build Fighters. Journeys already bears an uncanny resemblance to it anyways. Dual protagonists, world championships with the goal of beating someone they look up to, girl who gradually becomes more involved, soundtrack by Yuki Hayashi.

D

Deleted member 384931

They should just look at Gundam Build Fighters. Journeys already bears an uncanny resemblance to it anyways. Dual protagonists, world championships with the goal of beating someone they look up to, girl who gradually becomes more involved, soundtrack by Yuki Hayashi.
Is it so alike?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Is it so alike?
The original build fighters? In a broad sense i guess.

Dual protagonist, one a hothead obsessed with battles and the other more reserved and technical (though i really wouldn’t call goh reserved at this point). There is a third wheel girl that gets more interested in what they’re doing and gets paired up with the reserved one. Though the hothead also gets a girl paired with him later on despite his denseness, and even got a daughter in the next series.

The difference being that they’re working together for the same goal rather than seperate ones. Which is honestly where i think some of the awkwardness in regards to ash and goh comes from. One tends to get sidelined when it comes to their individual goals.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think that scene at the end of the original episodes preview trailer for the project mew arc where Goh and Ash look across the distance as cold winds blow is hinting Calyrex, esp as the last place they showed was a village that's probably Freezingtown

AsH KetcHHup

Why can't Mew be in a tropical paradise? He really had to choose some cold, barren place in the midst of nowhere to dwell in.

Decidueye23

I think that scene at the end of the original episodes preview trailer for the project mew arc where Goh and Ash look across the distance as cold winds blow is hinting Calyrex, esp as the last place they showed was a village that's probably Freezingtown
Thete was a mew cry during thst scene iirc. Besides if they do calyrex without peony that would be a crime. Completely unasceptable!

Status
Not open for further replies.