• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 18th: PM2019 071 - Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
This is Goh's first mission, and surely an Alolan ninetales must be very rare in Sinnoh, Most likely, this Pokémon has been sighted on several occasions by some trainers who spoke of a "White Ninetales" ... add to that the unwelcoming weather

It's a very good first mission
If a group that‘s looking for a mythical pokemon are so easily impressed by a common pokemon and so easily swayed by rumors, i’d very much start to doubt their credibility.

I‘d say it‘s a test to see if goh has the basic tracking and exploration ability even on a snowy mountain makes more sense.

Decidueye23

????? Regice is literally found in this location in Platinum lmao. Atleast wait for the episode to air before jumping into conclusions. The CT uniform is made for traversing snowy weather so makes sense why they would wear them, and they WOULD go to CT too considering the area we see in the end of the preview is Freezington. Same with Urshifu being a precursor to IOA. Jesus Christ dude. Who cares if alolan ninetails is in another region? If fits with their lore perfectly and explains why they would be going after a Mon that shouldn't be there.
People really are going hyperbolic and crazy about THIS??? Of all things? Are we really just looking at any little thing we have to go ham? Man babies
Well a couple of us are just wondering as to why Alo ninetails is in sinnoh and what that could mean, we arent saying the episode is going to be bad...

Also no. It does not make perfect sense lore wise. These regional variants were stated to be specifically exclusive to that region Having other region pokemon randomly appear in kanto itself is so weird, but because of the games and promotion its soemthing you can deal with. Here, its just a legitimate question as to why they went with this route. Why mix sinnoh and Alo nine tails. Not saying the episode is bad. They could be investigating why its found in sinnoh. Not saying no. Just wondering why was the writing choice this way?

Also where was freezington? It was just a snowy area.

LucasMV

I find it very strange that they're gonna look for a regional Alola variant in Sinnoh. I thought the point of regional forms was that they were uniquely adapted to a certain region's weather and conditions.

I guess they really don't want to come back to Alola too many times.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If a group that‘s looking for a mythical pokemon are so easily impressed by a common pokemon and so easily swayed by rumors, i’d very much start to doubt their credibility.

I‘d say it‘s a test to see if goh has the basic tracking and exploration ability even on a snowy mountain makes more sense.
I'm confident that's the actual reason. If they are as "elite" as they seem to be sold as, then they are probably just testing potential members.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Goh getting Ninetales makes me just angry.
I love the Pokemon, such a bad azs, Ash would be a better fit imo.

Also what does catching a Pokemon have to do with Mew? Not sure what to expect from this one.

Side not: So we can expect Alolan forms in the remakes?

TheCrazyMaster

They're probably curious as to how an Alolan Ninetails wound up in Sinnoh, so they're probably going to as Goh to catch it so they can run tests on its DNA and ice isotopes to find out where it came from.

Maybe Vulpix/Ninetails are undergoing convergent evolution with the ones in Alola? Alternatively Sinnoh has a lot of inter-dimensional activity so maybe it's from Ultraspace? Or someone just released it there.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
They're probably curious as to how an Alolan Ninetails wound up in Sinnoh, so they're probably going to as Goh to catch it so they can run tests on its DNA and ice isotopes to find out where it came from.

Maybe Vulpix/Ninetails are undergoing convergent evolution with the ones in Alola? Alternatively Sinnoh has a lot of inter-dimensional activity so maybe it's from Ultraspace? Or someone just released it there.
It will be a goh catch though but i think it must have come on its own in the sinnoh

MartínK

Another great pokemon being wasted on Goh just like Flygon, Aerodactyl, Golurk, Darmanitan, Heracross and Hitmonchan, at least he is using Scizor here.

Gary is here so the episode is gonna be interesting and happy to see Gengar and Dragonite being used, only Lucario is missing.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Lucario is definitely dead now. It didn't even appear in JN 69.
Vanished from relevancy since 48 and only got a very small cameo after a 12 ep absence since 53 lmao.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well a couple of us are just wondering as to why Alo ninetails is in sinnoh and what that could mean, we arent saying the episode is going to be bad...

Also no. It does not make perfect sense lore wise. These regional variants were stated to be specifically exclusive to that region Having other region pokemon randomly appear in kanto itself is so weird, but because of the games and promotion its soemthing you can deal with. Here, its just a legitimate question as to why they went with this route. Why mix sinnoh and Alo nine tails. Not saying the episode is bad. They could be investigating why its found in sinnoh. Not saying no. Just wondering why was the writing choice this way?

Also where was freezington? It was just a snowy area.
Look at the person I quoted though and his surrounding posts. Some people were going ham, especially as it's supposed to be a mystery probably why that Mon is in sinnoh and why Goh has to get it.
Also in the end when Goh looks over an area, it's a village similar to Freezington

Status
Not open for further replies.