• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 18th: PM2019 071 - Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsH KetcHHup

The episode takes place in Sinnoh? An alolan nientales in Sinnoh? Pokemon adapt like how species in the real world do. My only complaint would be if they called it an 'alolan' nientales if it had never ever been to Alola. It could be like the isle of armour with pokemon not usually found in Galar able to be found on the island.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The episode takes place in Sinnoh? An alolan nientales in Sinnoh? Pokemon adapt like how species in the real world do. My only complaint would be if they called it an 'alolan' nientales if it had never ever been to Alola. It could be like the isle of armour with pokemon not usually found in Galar able to be found on the island.
Apparently, it's stated that the Alolan Ninetales wandered to Mt. Coronet somehow and it's become irate, but they want to return it back to Alola.

ShadowForce720

Hate to break this to you, but Ash has 0.05% chance of capturing anything with Goh around, regardless of what scenario happens.
Nope, just pointing this out but Goh has no actual effect on what Pokémon Ash captures. Heck the fact that Ash has been able to catch 5 mons around even though Goh was present.

The simple matter is all the Pokémon that Goh is catching are mons that Ash’s wasn’t going to get in this series regardless of whether or not Goh existed.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ridiculously enough, Goh got ALL the starters. I'm pretty sure THAT could have been prevented if he wasn't around.

I don't think it's that bad myself that Ash didn't get any of them this time, because it keeps things fresh for him.

The starters up till now have always been locks for Ash to get at least 1 of them and it's as boring as the resets, so him not getting any of them this time i'm fine with.

ShadowForce720

Ridiculously enough, Goh got ALL the starters. I'm pretty sure THAT could have been prevented if he wasn't around.
No, trying to suggest that if Goh wasn’t around that Ash would just suddenly magically get one of the Galar starters is ridiculous.

The point is the reason Ash didn’t get one of the Galar starters is simply because they didn’t intend for Ash to get one of the Galar starters in this series.

So all that would happen if Goh didn’t exist is that the Galar starters would have just gone to a new character that would’ve take Goh’s place instead.

You seem to be misunderstanding something here, you seem to think that the series structure was based around Goh, when in all reality Goh was created to fit the structure of the series they wanted to create.

So getting rid of Goh would have no impact on the series as they would have just created a different character for the same purpose.

Really no matter how you try to argue it all the Pokémon that Goh is getting in this series that Ash doesn’t catch are Pokémon that the writers and the people in charge of the anime would didn’t intend to Ash to get this series.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No, trying to suggest that if Goh wasn’t around that Ash would just suddenly magically get one of the Galar starters is ridiculous.

The point is the reason Ash didn’t get one of the Galar starters is simply because they didn’t intend for Ash to get one of the Galar starters in this series.

So all that would happen if Goh didn’t exist is that the Galar starters would have just gone to a new character that would’ve take Goh’s place instead.

You seem to be misunderstanding something here, you seem to think that the series structure was based around Goh, when in all reality Goh was created to fit the structure of the series they wanted to create.

So getting rid of Goh would have no impact on the series as they would have just created a different character for the same purpose.

Really no matter how you try to argue it all the Pokémon that Goh is getting in this series that Ash doesn’t catch are Pokémon that the writers and the people in charge of the anime would didn’t intend to Ash to get this series.
However, it would have made things different since Goh is a walking Pokemon GO character. Just remove that aspect out for someone who isn't promoting the mobile game, and the chances for Ash to get a single starter would exponentially increase. Otherwise, it makes no sense for anyone but Goh to hog all the starters away from Ash, as we've seen muuuuuuuuuuuuultiple times before.

Red and Blue

do people actually want Ash to get the alolan ninetales?

I thought Alolan Sandshrew was the one people wanted Ash to get between those 2?
While Alolan Sandshrew was the regional variant I wanted Ash to catch in SM and Journeys I like Alolan Vulpix as well. I wouldn't of minded if he had gotten Ninetales instead

Megapixel

I always knew Ash wouldn't catch ninetales alola when I saw him on that poster 2 months ago but come on, it would have been great to see him with Ash Has 2 guys missing from his current team " Ice and Fairy"

ShadowForce720

However, it would have made things different since Goh is a walking Pokemon GO character. Just remove that aspect out for someone who isn't promoting the mobile game, and the chances for Ash to get a single starter would exponentially increase. Otherwise, it makes no sense for anyone but Goh to hog all the starters away from Ash, as we've seen muuuuuuuuuuuuultiple times before.
Again your missing the point, the point is that the just simply didn’t intend to give Ash any of the Galar starters, because that’s how they wanted to structure the series.

Look just because you don’t like the fact that Ash simply didn’t get any of the Galar starters doesn’t mean you should start trying to make excuses up and be like “oh but if this was changed Ash would have gotten a Galar starter”.

It doesn’t matter if Goh’s character is base on Pokémon Go the, point is if they truly intended for Ash to get one of the Galar starters then he would have gotten one regardless of the character they created or the game they were trying to promote.

Also the gen 8 starters are not in Pokémon Go so Goh getting all 3 of them is not actually promoting Pokémon Go.

Yes, Ash got current gen starters in the past series up until now, but you know what else before X&Y Ash always had a grass type and had the grass type starter, and before Sun&Moon Ash always had a Water type Pokémon and the regional bird.

However that didn’t stop or prevent Ash from skipping out on those things in X&Y and Sun and Moon respectively.

Look I get that some people are disappointed that Ash’s didn’t get one of the Galar starters, however that doesn’t mean that oh changing “x” thing about the series would magically result in Ash getting one of the Galar starters as at the end of the day no matter how much you may want to deny it, the series promoting Pokémon Go and having the character Goh who takes some aspects from that has nothing to do with Ash not getting the Galar starters.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Again your missing the point, the point is that the just simply didn’t intend to give Ash any of the Galar starters, because that’s how they wanted to structure the series.

Look just because you don’t like the fact that Ash simply didn’t get any of the Galar starters doesn’t mean you should start trying to make excuses up and be like “oh but if this was changed Ash would have gotten a Galar starter”.

It doesn’t matter if Goh’s character is base on Pokémon Go the, point is if they truly intended for Ash to get one of the Galar starters then he would have gotten one regardless of the character they created or the game they were trying to promote.

Also the gen 8 starters are not in Pokémon Go so Goh getting all 3 of them is not actually promoting Pokémon Go.

Yes, Ash got current gen starters in the past series up until now, but you know what else before X&Y Ash always had a grass type and had the grass type starter, and before Sun&Moon Ash always had a Water type Pokémon and the regional bird.

However that didn’t stop or prevent Ash from skipping out on those things in X&Y and Sun and Moon respectively.

Look I get that some people are disappointed that Ash’s didn’t get one of the Galar starters, however that doesn’t mean that oh changing “x” thing about the series would magically result in Ash getting one of the Galar starters as at the end of the day no matter how much you may want to deny it, the series promoting Pokémon Go and having the character Goh who takes some aspects from that has nothing to do with Ash not getting the Galar starters.
To be fair, regardless of who got what, the writers are spoiling Goh rotten

ShadowForce720

To be fair, regardless of who got what, the writers are spoiling Goh rotten
To be fair they also spoiled Ash rotten in the previous series, especially when you consider the fact that he has gotten more starter Pokémon then any other changes.

It’s called being a main character, for the most part it’s not uncommon for a main character to be spoiled rotten or treated better then some other characters.

I mean heck Ash has gotten a at least one starter in the past 7 regions, caught a mythical Pokémon, caught a Ultra Beast that could evolve, met and in some cases bonded with or took care of almost every legendary, mythical Pokémon and Ultra Beast.

Had a special form of Lycanroc, had a special Greninja that could use the bond phenomenon, and had more Z-Crystals then other characters, and got to be given a Pikachu as a starter by Professor Oak even though he missed out on the other 3 starters instead of making him wait until the next batch come in.

Last edited:

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
To be fair they also spoiled Ash rotten in the previous series, especially when you consider the fact that he has gotten more starter Pokémon then any other changes.

It’s called being a main character, for the most part it’s not uncommon for a main character to be spoiled rotten or treated better then some other characters.
Until SM they were never this nice to Ash. Losing six leagues in a row, no legendaries, and a lot of his starters not even fully evolved, when they should have been.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To be fair they also spoiled Ash rotten in the previous series.
That depends. He was owning the Kahunas and won a (cheap) league, but he sure had an abysmal amount of serious battles against many trainers, his Litten was severely underused outside Masked Royal stuff, and when he got new Pokemon...it was right before or near the end of the league. The glaring cons somehow made the pros work to his favor.
It’s called being a main character.
Such title had never, ever, ever granted extreme benefits to any other character before, but I can say for sure Goh sure has hit the jackpot by avoiding feeling like even a second wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.