• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 18th: PM2019 071 - Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Actually the Goh captures that pissed almost everyone was Flygon, a fan favourite and people wanted Ash to own it since always and Suicine but that is a completely diferent history.

Also maybe they could give Ash one of the Galar starters and the other two to Goh.
Sobble's capture pissed off a lot of people as well but that's the marketing team's fault moreso than Goh's

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Sobble's capture pissed off a lot of people as well but that's the marketing team's fault moreso than Goh's
By this logic I can say that any anime fictional character is out of any blame, and thats its all the writers...
Not even anime characters, ANY characters in any series or movie..

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I mean they most likely would never even consider not giving ash any starters if they didn’t have another protagonist that they are pushing as much as ash. Because in the end, they definitely still need to market the starters.

So while i don’t know about saying goh stealing them from ash, i think his existence being a major reason for them to be able to not give ash any in the first place is almost undeniable.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
By this logic I can say that any anime fictional character is out of any blame, and thats its all the writers...
Not even anime characters, ANY characters in any series or movie..
In this case, Goh literally didn't deserve any of the hate he got for catching Sobble.

It's not his fault the marketing team tricked people into believing Ash would Sobble instead.
And I doubt the Anime writers even knew what the Marketing team did

It was a way different situation from being handed a Suicune. Hate him all you want for that I don't care.

Last edited:
The catch that bothered a lot of people was Grookey (and Suicune) because it seemed unfair to team rocket (I agree)

Anyway, I don't understand why so many people wanted a starter for Ash, he already has a full arsenal of high-level Pokémon, he doesn't need a naughty and annoying little monkey or a criying chameleon

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The catch that bothered a lot of people was Grookey (and Suicune) because it seemed unfair to team rocket (I agree)

Anyway, I don't understand why so many people wanted a starter for Ash, he already has a full arsenal of high-level Pokémon, he doesn't need a naughty and annoying little monkey or a criying chameleon

grookey i think will go down as the most controversial capture Goh has, Suicune doesn't even come close to that.

Also I agree that Ash not getting a starter for once was a very nice change of pace.

The only starter I would've been ok with was Sobble, since I wanted them to make up for highjacking Greninja with that crutch based fanfic style transformation that prevented it from showing what it could do without it, but when goh got it, I then wanted him to go ahead and get Grookey...although "How" he got it...should've been handled better... since i'm tired of Ash getting the fire and grass starters all the time.

You know I just thought of something, if Gengar was on the VA list for this episode...does that mean the Alolan Ninetales might have been abandoned after all? What if Gengar is there to try and help get through to it?

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Starters can evolve up to two times, therefore they would get more development than the rest of Ash's team.
Starters are shillmons. The anime turns shillmons into shouldermons (or walking Pokemon). Shouldermons get screentime as seen with Goh's starters before they evolved.
What I'm trying to say is that Ash's starter would have more screentime than his team is currently getting.

deliaketchum

Apparently, it's stated that the Alolan Ninetales wandered to Mt. Coronet somehow and it's become irate, but they want to return it back to Alola.
We are overthinking. Maybe ninetales just like sight seeing and went on vacation. Maybe go and ash are the ones irritating ninetales

deliaketchum

What about ash smelling riolu's aura. I thought they were going to focus this season.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Hmm I wonder why some of the most popular Pokémon of a generation are wanted to be captures. High leveled Pokémon mean nothing when they can write them to be as strong as they want. Plus that full arsenal is near non existent and the starters are almost guaranteed to show up more than any other Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.