• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi has decided to enter the "Battle Festival", a battle tournament held in the Kalos region. Lots of "Pokémon World Championships" participants are attending this tournament, so it's a gold opportunity to increase one's rank! After successfully winning his way through several battles, Satoshi ends up having to fight Corni, a Gym Leader he's previously battled in the Kalos region, in the match where his progression to the Super Class is at stake. How is Satoshi planning on taking on Corni's Mega Lucario?

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 村田尚樹 (Naoki Murata)
Animation Director 岡昭彦 (Akihiko Oka)
Animation Director 高橋優 (Yuh Takahashi)
Animation Director 蒼依ふたば (Futaba Aoi)

POKEMON FAN:

https://i.imgur.com/B2pL8MQ.jpg

A SUPER SCOOP ON THE LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE POKÈMON ANIME!!
Satoshi and Go's adventures are always overflowing with new encounters and fierce battles! Check out the latest news and enjoy the anime with all your might!

SCOOP 1: 3 NEW POKÈMON GET DISCOVERED IN RAPID SUCCESSION!

Satoshi and Go might get new companions?! Look forward to being able to meet this trio in their first ever anime appearances!
MESSON: Messon can disappear completely by hiding in water. It's just as timid as it looks.
*Blurb: It's on the verge of crying after being frightened by something! Will battling be completely impossible for it?!
MORPEKO: When it gets hungry, it changes form and goes on a rampage! Maybe one can get it by using food in a clever way?!
KAMONEGI (GALAR FORM): Here comes the Galar region's Kamonegi, which use heavy-looking leek as their weapon! They randomly challenge others to battle!

SCOOP 2: FIERCE FIGHTS IN OFFICIAL POKÈMON WCS MATCHES!!
Here come the next powerful opponent Satoshi challenges, as well as a battler who's no less skilled than a Champion!
CORNI, GYM LEADER FROM THE KALOS REGION: A Fighting type Trainer that has fought Satoshi before.
*Hurry to the next page for info on Corni and Satoshi's official match!
KIBANA, GYM LEADER FROM THE GALAR REGION:
A Dragon type Trainer said to be almost as powerful as a Champion. Will he be the one to defeat the unbeatable Dande?!
*Blurb: He is one of the only 8 "Masters Eight" in the entire world!

https://i.imgur.com/BsTwGzg.jpg

SCOOP 3: A SUPER FIERCE MATCH WHERE PROGRESSION TO POKÈMON WCS SUPER CLASS IS AT STAKE: SATOSHI VS CORNI!
Satoshi is participating in the "Battle Festival", where it's possible to instantly increase your rank in the Pokémon WCS, and ends up facing Corni in a match when only one more win will let him progress to Super Class! The battle becomes super fierce, with intense moves clashing against one another! How will it end?!
"A Battle Festival Exploding with Life! VS Mega Lucario!" will air May 10th!
(Airdate and -time may vary depending on region) (A different episode may air instead)

https://i.imgur.com/TLOJuOQ.jpg

SATOSHI VS CORNI: WHO WILL WIN?!

Corni's Lucario is capable of Mega Evolving, which temporarily powers up a Pokémon! And Corni herself is burning with determination to settle the score with Satoshi, who defeated her in a prior match!
*Blurb: Corni is one in body and soul with her Pokémon when she fights! She's a Fighting type expert!
LUCARIO: When it Mega Evolves, its body grows in size, and its attack power increases as well! Its strength is unmanageable!
*Blurb: Satoshi grins even as he sees Mega Lucario's power. What kind of plan does he have?!

Satoshi's goal is FIGHTING DANDE, THE STRONGEST OF THEM ALL!
Even if he beats Corni, he'll have to challenge and win against powerful opponents with high ranks in order to fight Dande!
He currently has 4 Pokémon!
The Pokémon he currently has on hand are Kairyu and these 3: Gangar, Pikachu and Riolu. Aim to increase your rank through battle training and getting even more companions!

SCOOP 4: GO GETS A TON OF POKÈMON IN THE KALOS REGION?!
Go tries to get new Pokémon on his first visit to the Kalos region! How many Pokémon will he be able to register in the Pokémon Zukan?
YAYAKOMA: It's friendly, but will face battles with a burning fighting spirit!
KAMETETE: Two Kametete live together on a single rock. And sometimes they don't get along and start to fight?!
BOKUREI: They use voices that resemble humans' to lure people deep into forests where they get lost!
KOFUKIMUSHI: It can regulate its body temperature using the power that covers its body. This lets it live in both blazing hot and freezing cold areas.
FLABEBE: When it discovers a flower it likes, it will live with that flower for the rest of its life.
*Blurb: There are all kinds of flower colors!
Go will play a major role in the episode airing May 10th as well! His role in this episode is just as much a must see as Satoshi's fierce battle!
(Airdate and -time may vary depending on region. A different episode may air instead)

Last edited:

Decidueye23

Title says battle festival. Could be that ash challeneges raihan at the end( of the festival mot the episode] and loses resulting in falling off a few ranks.

nuzamaki90

And the episode before takes place at the Resort Area of the Battle Zone. Coincidence?

Regardless, so excited for her return. Time for Pikachu to get that extra revenge when Lucario went all bad puppy back in the day

JoaquinLorie

It's a battle festival, just not sure if some of these battles can/will be World Cup Championship ones.

Also, if it's a festival, Ash will probably battle a few times in this episode.

Still wondering which pokemom Ash will be using vs Mega Lucario. Gengar might be the best option because of fighting type attack immunity and having psychic.

Dragonite could be a great option with hurricane, and since its a pseudo, maybe it stands more of a chance.

I still dont see Riolu vs Lucario, unless Riolu evolves in the previous episode. And still wouldnt see him winning because of its inexperience.

If Ash uses Mr. Mime i would be surprised. Actually if he ever uses it again.

And then we have pikachu...please no.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And the episode before takes place at the Resort Area of the Battle Zone. Coincidence?

Regardless, so excited for her return. Time for Pikachu to get that extra revenge when Lucario went all bad puppy back in the day
But Ash hasn't gotten the necessary decor in his private villa to even make Maylene appear!

If this is set in Sinnoh, isn't it weird they decided on Korrina rather than Maylene.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
It's bad enough that the video games completely got rid of Mega Evolution but now they're going to showcase it in the anime and make us salivate over something which we can't obtain anymore? Lol. Very odd choice....

I'm glad to see they are bringing back an old character. I was hoping they would use this series as a way to check in on old characters. I hope that this is the first of many cameos, like old companions, gym leaders, old rivals, etc. I'm also hoping that Ash finds some of his old Pokemon like Lapras and Greninja too

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's bad enough that the video games completely got rid of Mega Evolution but now they're going to showcase it in the anime and make us salivate over something which we can't obtain anymore? Lol. Very odd choice....
Since they're using Pokemon Go mechanics, they surely are justifying Mega Evolution through Pokemon Masters (and since they did the game's opening movie, well...)

In fact, this whole saga surely lacks a proper title because it's mixing SwSh, Pokemon Go, and Pokemon Masters (all in one Go) as they all are relevant Pokemon games now.

"But what about Pokemon Mystery Dun-?"

*gets shot*

Last edited:

BlazingAsh

Title says battle festival. Could be that ash challeneges raihan at the end( of the festival mot the episode] and loses resulting in falling off a few ranks.

If battle festival is a different tournament, he may not fall of a few ranks.
If this part of PWC, Raihan would be in the master class and Ash can't battle him being in the normal class.

dman_dustin

This is WAY too early (at least 4 episodes or so) unless of course this isn't related to PWC and is an arc of sorts.

Because Ash shouldn't be in the next class yet, and should have to qualify before he battles Korrina, which should've been a separate episode, and Korrina should've been a slightly higher opponent. Even if Korrina is the qualfier to enter the new class of PWC, which I could live with, I was really kind of hoping Sobble would get caught first (I didn't want Korrina THIS early).

ssquaderi

This will be disappointing if this festival is just one episode, hope they drag it out for two, but I feel that's unlikely, maybe Sobble capture is the next episode based on the previews only being the next 5-6 episodes

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This is WAY too early (at least 4 episodes or so) unless of course this isn't related to PWC and is an arc of sorts.

Because Ash shouldn't be in the next class yet, and should have to qualify before he battles Korrina, which should've been a separate episode, and Korrina should've been a slightly higher opponent. Even if Korrina is the qualfier to enter the new class of PWC, which I could live with, I was really kind of hoping Sobble would get caught first (I didn't want Korrina THIS early).
Well, Ash is in like 1500-ish, so him rising up to great ball rank in this week's episode wouldn't be too surprising tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.