• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
We know that he is using Gengar because of the future episodes trailer so it’s guaranteed to be in the battle against Korrina, the question is will it be similar to her gym battle and have a three v three battle or will they allow a 4 v 4 which in that case will allow Dragonite to be used since the only other option is Pikachu taking a back seat which I don’t see happening.
Unless that's in a montage in another round of the tournament (which I hope it is, as the animation for the Gengar part didn't look that good)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not gonna happen.

This might be true. His opponents so far weren't strong enough to require Dragonite. Ash wasn't even carrying him during Tauros battle due to the whole rotation thing.

Lol, why not?? It's not liked they haven't shown megas with with swirly eyes before.

We know that he is using Gengar because of the future episodes trailer so it’s guaranteed to be in the battle against Korrina, the question is will it be similar to her gym battle and have a three v three battle or will they allow a 4 v 4 which in that case will allow Dragonite to be used since the only other option is Pikachu taking a back seat which I don’t see happening.

Actually we just know he'll be using Gengar in the episode, there are multiple battles so we don't know which scene goes with which battle.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Why do I get the feeling that this hiatus may end sooner than expected along with this episode and the other two coming as soon as possible? Well hope my thoughts wont come true cause ending the hiatus as soon as possible would be a massive mistake due to the current risks that are still active.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, we should assume they have at least three episodes (this one, the lab episode and the Matori episode) ready to air. It's up to them when they'll do, but I doubt that's anytime before the hiatus' ending.

Except it's weirdly impossible for characters to avoid moves that have massive windup periods in this series for some godforsaken reason

It's all plot power. We have seen Solar Beam charging almost instantly. In the recent vs Meganium battle it charged before Pikachu could land a quick attack. Logically speaking Pikachu should be able to dodge the move using Quick Attack but that would put the opponents at a serious disadvantage.

Lol, why not?? It's not liked they haven't shown megas with with swirly eyes before.
You do know we are talking about Mega-Lucario, right? It has to be cool or else kids might complain.

I remember the time when Cyndaquil beat Jasmine's Steelix, the later had swirly eyes and it looked weird.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It's all plot power. We have seen Solar Beam charging almost instantly. In the recent vs Meganium battle it charged before Pikachu could land a quick attack. Logically speaking Pikachu should be able to dodge the move using Quick Attack but that would put the opponents at a serious disadvantage.

You do know we are talking about Mega-Lucario, right? It has to be cool or else kids might complain.

I remember the time when Cyndaquil beat Jasmine's Steelix, the later had swirly eyes and it looked weird.

Lol and Gyarados doesn't?? Misty's Gyarados had swirly eyes after the Pikachu fight. Also who the hell is listening to what some kids are saying about Lucario??

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

To be fair, it was quite sunny when they were battling so Solar Beam firing off instantly is reasonable.

Red and Blue

Good it's a WC battle. Wonder if Ash will have his first loss since entering and have his rank go down?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Good it's a WC battle. Wonder if Ash will have his first loss since entering and have his rank go down?
That greatly depends if that will force the writers to do a 2-parter in an episodic format that completely detaches the narrative. Losing to a pre-established character? That sounds like a continuation thing, unless he losses but then wins in the same episode.

Last edited:
Lol and Gyarados doesn't?? Misty's Gyarados had swirly eyes after the Pikachu fight. Also who the hell is listening to what some kids are saying about Lucario??
The second line was a side-note. I believe the only Lucario that had swirly eyes so far in the show was Cameron's and it had its trainers personality so it made sense.

To be fair, it was quite sunny when they were battling so Solar Beam firing off instantly is reasonable.

It took a small time to charge. But either way, Quick Attack is supposed to be faster.

Red and Blue

That greatly depends if that will force the writers to do a 2-parter in an episodic format that completely detaches the narrative. Losing to a pre-established character? That sounds like a continuation thing, unless he losses but then wins in the same episode.
I don't think they would make it a two parter. If he loses to Korrina they can just have a rematch in the future

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I don't know if I want Ash lose to Korrina, of all people. He'll eventually lose to someone and, with Korrina confirmed to the PWC, she'll pretty much come back in other matches. I prefer if Ash win to display he can win against someone of her tier, then bringing someone really hard to serve his first defeat.

The second line was a side-note. I believe the only Lucario that had swirly eyes so far in the show was Cameron's and it had its trainers personality so it made sense.
Maylene's too, despite the battle ending in a draw.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
An Elite 4 level Lucario for the WCS would be amazing, it would even give Riolu a real nice endgame goal to push for.

Status
Not open for further replies.