• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'll raise you Dawn w/ Mamoswine and Ash w/ Charizard (at the Indigo League.)
Charizard was a jackass (please tell me that word gets muted out in the forums) and Mamoswine was a loafer.

Iris's Dragonite and Korrina's Lucario (pre-development) enjoyed fighting even if they didn't listen to their trainers.
Uh oh guys looks like Korrina is bonding with Riolu Ash might give it away/s
That *****!

Red and Blue

You'd think they would wait until Riolu evolves before Ash released it or put it up for training

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I find accidentally breaking a bone or two funnier than Riolu getting you know what.

PsychoLogical

So the focus of the episode shifted from will Ash defeat Korrina to will Ash keep Riolu.

At least we only have to wait until tomorrow
Most of the latter was sarcastic.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Uh oh guys looks like Korrina is bonding with Riolu Ash might give it away/s

You might be joking but you have no idea how much I want that to happen.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm honestly surprised about how divisive riolu's capture still is around boards. I do still see that as capture as any other, aura link or not, if only for a mon Ash should have had in Sinnoh. God protect us if he get latias or meloetta, given his history with these.

Anyway, eager for the episode.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm honestly surprised about how divisive riolu's capture still is around boards.

Lucario is one of the most marketed Pokemon in the entire franchise, and a lot of people were already fairly tired of constantly having it crammed down their throats all the time every single gen. Satoshi being given one alongside all the other really pandering captures he's made this series isn't something you'll be all that happy with if you already think this guy shows up way too often.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuquÊ? said:
I'm honestly surprised about how divisive riolu's capture still is around boards. I do still see that as capture as any other, aura link or not, if only for a mon Ash should have had in Sinnoh. God protect us if he get latias or meloetta, given his history with these.

Anyway, eager for the episode.

I admit that I'm still sour about the whole Riolu thing, but I've been trying to treat it like any other Pokemon, and I admit that Satoshi's Riolu isn't quite as bothersome as I once feared it would be. Corni interacting with it here will be interesting, and I appreciated diakyu's joke about Satoshi giving Riolu to her, because if I had my way that would be a reality.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lucario is one of the most marketed Pokemon in the entire franchise, and a lot of people were already fairly tired of constantly having it crammed down their throats all the time every single gen. Satoshi being given one alongside all the other really pandering captures he's made this series isn't something you'll be all that happy with if you already think this guy shows up way too often.
I was only tired because it was always an opponent Ash had to beat, and there were several (marketing) reasons he never got to own one despite the many instances that were perfect. Sadly, each instance was someone else owning it that he had to fight. I wasn't amused when one was forced onto Kukui because then it got silly.

So it's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiit weird he finally is on the way of owning one...despite the fact the current generation isn't even bothering to market Lucario one bit, ironically. Not a single important trainer in Gen VIII owns a Lucario.

PsychoLogical

The only thing I hated about Lucario getting crammed down on us was the fact that everytime Lucario appeared in every series, it either gets beaten badly every time like every Lucario that appears or jobbers and gets completely annihilated like Kukui's.

Red and Blue

I was only tired because it was always an opponent Ash had to beat, and there were several (marketing) reasons he never got to own one despite the many instances that were perfect. Sadly, each instance was someone else owning it that he had to fight. I wasn't amused when one was forced onto Kukui because then it got silly.

So it's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiit weird he finally is on the way of owning one...despite the fact the current generation isn't even bothering to market Lucario one bit, ironically. Not a single important trainer in Gen VIII owns a Lucario.
Just wait for th Gen 4 remakes and GMAX Lucario :p

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Except outside of XY games it never had a prominent role, he's still a part of every dex like Eevee, Pikachu, and now Charizard apparently but unlike those three he was mostly just there. It's the other three that are constantly crammed down our throats yet people will still constantly ***** and moan about Lucario getting one episode while Eevee and Charizard keep actually getting prominent roles and have appeared in majority of the episodes for the past two sagas, and possibly this one too!

Eevee is the one truly shoved down our throats, yet it always gets a pass for whatever stupid reason :rolleyes:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

I feel a similar way towards Charizard, it's my favorite pokemon but in the anime, the only Charizard I really care about is Ash's, so yeah seeing other random ones can be annoying.

Reminds me of how during unnova I kept getting annoyed by the amount of trainers who we saw had tranquils, with better movesets than what Ash's had at that, and made me wonder if he should've even gotten one.

Him finally getting a riolu of his own is what makes me interested in it, by all accounts I agree he should've gotten one back during gen 4, but given how this current series is going It's fine.

Just wait for th Gen 4 remakes and GMAX Lucario :p

i'd personally rather they just go back to mega's, after all I could only see them restructuring the battle zone as a wild area to accomadate the new gimmick (I seriously doubt they'd tamper with sinnoh's mainland) and even then we know in the anime Eternatus isn't locked down to Galar like in the games, but in sword and shield it's established that the current gimmick can only be done in galar due to it's influence over the region.

If potential sinnoh remakes got access to the feature, it could lead to further credence of it being used anywhere in the anime, and I know quite a few people don't like galar getting cheated over as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.