• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuskAstral

I think that if Satoshi had all the regional reinforcements at the same time, it would be a big exaggeration. Especially since he would have a big trouble choosing

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Where was it confirmed that Ash is using Riolu in this match? I mean, I know the 2019 series is shaking up the formula, but Ash would never let an obviously weak or newly hatched pokemon be in a battle like this (unless Riolu REALLY wants to be in this match and Ash allows it to respect Riolu's wishes).

It would make more sense for Ash to have Riolu sit in the sidelines with Go so it can watch his battle against Korrina. That way, Riolu would still get the same kind of aspirations while Gengar or Dragonite will get the chance to shine.

Mew29240

Where was it confirmed that Ash is using Riolu in this match? I mean, I know the 2019 series is shaking up the formula, but Ash would never let an obviously weak or newly hatched pokemon be in a battle like this (unless Riolu REALLY wants to be in this match and Ash allows it to respect Riolu's wishes).

It would make more sense for Ash to have Riolu sit in the sidelines with Go so it can watch his battle with Korrina. That way, it'd still get the same kind of aspirations while Gengar or Dragonite will get the chance to shine.

Who's saying that? Riolu only had one shot in the big preview and it was in a dark room (likely where it hatched). Ash and Korrina were shown to be in a big stadium, and the only Pokemon I saw with that background was Gengar (maybe Pikachu, too. But he was in the air).

I'd bet Riolu's watching on in the sidelines with Gou or something.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Who's saying that? Riolu only had one shot in the big preview and it was in a dark room (likely where it hatched). Ash and Korrina were shown to be in a big stadium, and the only Pokemon I saw with that background was Gengar (maybe Pikachu, too. But he was in the air).

I'd bet Riolu's watching on in the sidelines with Gou or something.
A few posts at the beginning of the thread made it sound like it was confirmed that Ash is using Riolu:
Five episodes in and Riolu is fighting it's Mega form. I could see Ash vs. Korrina turning into a PWC battle if it turns out she is registered as well

It's confirmed that Ash will use Riolu against Korrina? Cause I don’t think that he will use a newborn against a Mega Evolution.
I hope Ash uses Dragonite here, but he will most probably use Pikachu :S

Since it' a battle festival it might be similar to ep 7 where they speed through multiple fights to get to the main event, Gengar footage could be from that part. I assume Satoshi vs Corni will be at least a 2v2 and he'll let Riolu try against Lucario despite it obviously not being a match, before beating it with Pikachu because of course.

I never expected Corni's return to be anything special in the wider story, especially due to the reused design, she's here for one battle cameo that gives Riolu something to aspire towards, and then she'll dip out.

I just hope they get some good animators for this since Iwane got the previous ep.

Mew29240

A few posts at the beginning of the thread made it sound like it was confirmed that Ash is using Riolu:

I guess we won't know until the actual preview next month. Riolu is meant to be a "secret," so I'm not surprised it's not showing up in the spoiler summaries. The big preview makes it look like Gengar (possibly Pikachu) will be the ones battling. I wouldn't throw a baby Pokemon at a Mega, either.

I see Ash telling it to watch Korrina's Lucarior carefully from the sidelines with Gou when he battles with Korrina if anything.

Red and Blue

Ash using Riolu against Lucario was implied through some toy merchandise a few weeks back

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
At the expense of making me vomit in horror at the thought of having a newborn face off against a monster, let us see this proof!

I believe I was the one that posted it, I'm looking for it, but it was a Dragonite and Charizard set and the other one was called Riolu vs Lucario set, or Riolu and Lucario vs set.

He might use Riolu before the festival against Lucario, not in the official battle, I think that would be a cheap way to win or lose. Gengar is battling in this it seems, since we see the picture of it battling in a stadium.

dman_dustin

At the expense of making me vomit in horror at the thought of having a newborn face off against a monster, let us see this proof!

This could be the Rowlet vs Decidueye clause, where even Lucario should totally outclass Riolu because at the least its far more experienced, Riolu does technically have an advantage over Lucario. Lucario is weak to fighting type moves whereas Riolu isn't.

Now if this is an official PWC battle or something along those lines, then of course I don't expect Ash to use it, unless Ash wants to lose.

If its unofficial however and Riolu wants to battle Lucario and it is unofficial (doesn't affect Ash's rank) than I do believe Riolu could be used to battle Lucario.

Cptnmac1

While it's true that she's one of the most recognizable Gym Leaders, I think that her being a Lucario user has more to do with her return here than her general popularity does, especially since her showcasing Lucario could benefit Satoshi's Riolu's development.
I was talking about them making korrina alains eighth badge over the other gym leaders, not her appearing now. She's obviously appearing now since ash is getting a riolu and she owns a lucario

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
This could be the Rowlet vs Decidueye clause, where even Lucario should totally outclass Riolu because at the least its far more experienced, Riolu does technically have an advantage over Lucario. Lucario is weak to fighting type moves whereas Riolu isn't.

Now if this is an official PWC battle or something along those lines, then of course I don't expect Ash to use it, unless Ash wants to lose.

If its unofficial however and Riolu wants to battle Lucario and it is unofficial (doesn't affect Ash's rank) than I do believe Riolu could be used to battle Lucario.

Yeah but Rowlett wasn't just born 3 episodes ago or wtv.

Red and Blue

If Riolu and Lucario have a rematch in the future I could see Riolu pulling a Torracat and evolving after defeating its rival

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If Riolu and Lucario have a rematch in the future I could see Riolu pulling a Torracat and evolving after defeating its rival
I think I’d prefer Riplu having a similar rivalry with Lucario that Ash’s Lycanroc has with Gladion’s, especially if the give Lucario a Gigantamax form in the DLC, since then it would be an all out battle between G-Max Lucario & Mega Lucario

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The merchandising title was "charizard & dragonite vs riolu & lucario" for july. If anything, it implies Ash & Korrina in a tag battle, but merchandise can mislead a lot.

Against Lance and Leon?
That'd make another battle with Leon interesting at least, we haven't seen Lance battle Ash before

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
That would make Korrina a semi-regular presence in the series too, if the thing about riolu's development becomes true. Based in the reactions here, people will have a stroke with both lucario pandering and charizard pandering in the same episode, if happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.