• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash is obviously going to lose ranking at some point, I don't see how this being not ranked related means that he should lose.

Why would he lose if he won in the past?

Korrina's gotten stronger too you know. Misty grew stronger while doing her gym leader duties, so can Korrina.
Besides Pikachu fought her, Gengar and Dragonite haven't and we still don't know how powerful either of them really are as of yet. Riolu's freshly hatched so... yeah. I'm down for him losing if this means she'll come back again, if he truly is going to utilize Mega Evolution then it's only fitting that Korrina is the one to give him the Mega Ring like you know... he should have gotten after the original Korrina arc?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I suppose that this is the Corni episode, although it doesn't excite me whatsoever since I've been dreading her return ever since we got that preview last weekend. I don't like Mega Lucario in general, so I hope that the full preview of this episode shows something that I can get excited about.

Mike999246

It’s be so weird to have Ash get a Mega Gengar just to have it outdone by a regular Lucario. I definitely want Mega Gengar but it would kill the hype

Nono Mega Gengar would definitely land a few, certainly powerful hits on Korrina's Mega Lucario, but she may teach it something like Dark Pulse (in preparation for her battle like Lana taught Primarina Icy Wind for vs. Mallow) for Gengar (she needs to struggle against it).

At the same time it needs to be clear is the Lucario vs Mega Lucario showdown that under 1v1 circumstances, Korrina would win

diakyu

Korrina could have just recently started the WT just like Ash, explaining her low rank.

But Ash hasn't gotten the necessary decor in his private villa to even make Maylene appear!
What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying Maylene is not as good as Korrina?
This is WAY too early (at least 4 episodes or so) unless of course this isn't related to PWC and is an arc of sorts.

Because Ash shouldn't be in the next class yet, and should have to qualify before he battles Korrina, which should've been a separate episode, and Korrina should've been a slightly higher opponent. Even if Korrina is the qualfier to enter the new class of PWC, which I could live with, I was really kind of hoping Sobble would get caught first (I didn't want Korrina THIS early).
I don't think every gym leader would be that high. There are more than 64 gym leaders from 8 regions plus hundreds of trainers(participating in the leagues) who beat them. It wouldn't be a bad spot for a third gym leader considering Visquez was over 2000. The latter was just an acting gym leader but she shouldn't be that far behind Surge.
Dragonite better get a damn battle here, Gengar's practically confirmed to be participating and Riolu surely will be.... I don't want to see the loveable dragon sidelined for the rat yet again. Let Pikachu sit this out
When you said that, for a split second I thought you were talking about Riolu, because of the nickname and all.
I think Ash will lose here and I want him to lose too... I dunno if it's confirmed how many pokemon are allowed in this battle but I think it'll be a 4v4 and he'll have his ass handed to him.

Here's what I want to see
-Ash's Riolu wins easily against Korrina's (newly caught, ik it's not confirmed) Galarian Farfetch'd and is recalled

-During the battle, the odds seem to be on Ash's side (we get to see Korrina's evolved Machamp and Mienshao)

-Korrina sends out Mega Lucario... Pikachu, Dragonite and Gengar put up a good fight but all get KO'd, leaving only Riolu (with it being clear it wont take much to finish off Mega Lucario)

-Riolu gets slaughtered (maybe OHKO?) and doesnt even land a hit, Ash loses

-The Kalos episode (whenever it happens) is about Ash searching for a Mega Ring and Lucarionite, but instead he gets a Mega Ring and later (in a much later episode) finds a Gengarite

-Ash and Korrina face off against eachother in the Hyper or Master Class (if it happened in the Hyper Class, it needs to be for the final Master Class spot)

-Ash's Mega Gengar loses against Mega Lucario, leaving Ash's regular Lucario against Mega Lucario... and Ash's Lucario wins

I feel like thatd be a satisfying battle tbh

You have a good imagination but I don't think even Mega Lucario can beat those three back to back considering one of them is fond of beating legendary Pokemon.

Different team, less experience. Korrina bonded more with Lucario and became more powerful.
Same Pikachu, more experience and even more powerful.
It’s be so weird to have Ash get a Mega Gengar just to have it outdone by a regular Lucario. I definitely want Mega Gengar but it would kill the hype
When it comes to Lucario, everything is possible in this Anime.

Last edited:

Mike999246

I don't think Korrina should be that powerful. It should be reserved for Elite Four members or rivals that Ash lost to.
I agree honestly, but shes a gym leader (so that gives her some ranking atleast)... and whilst I believe we'll see a LT. Surge battle with Gigantamax Pika vs Dyna Raichu sometime, it feels almost too random for it to be her to pop up... if you get me. She had lots of development during her XY arc for it to all go to waste (and we know thanks to SM and PKM2019 that they all directly follow eachother, so Korinna hasnt been forgotten about)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Nono Mega Gengar would definitely land a few, certainly powerful hits on Korrina's Mega Lucario, but she may teach it something like Dark Pulse (in preparation for her battle like Lana taught Primarina Icy Wind for vs. Mallow) for Gengar (she needs to struggle against it).

At the same time it needs to be clear is the Lucario vs Mega Lucario showdown that under 1v1 circumstances, Korrina would win
Fair enough but I’d still find it underwhelming for this hypothetical Mega Gengar to lose

dman_dustin

I don't every gym leader would be that high. There are more than 64 gym leaders from 8 regions plus hundreds of trainers(participating in the leagues) who beat them. It wouldn't be a bad spot for a third gym leader considering Visquez was over 2000. The latter was just an acting gym leader but she shouldn't be that far behind Surge.

I'm fine with Korrina being regarded as the strongest Kalos Gym Leader and even being a bit stronger than that.

But I don't think her being in the equivalent of Normal Class would be appropriate. Visquez was a gym leader substitute, at rank 2000, which means Lt. Surge technically be already in the next class at like 950 or something.

I agree honestly, but shes a gym leader (so that gives her some ranking atleast)... and whilst I believe we'll see a LT. Surge battle with Gigantamax Pika vs Dyna Raichu sometime, it feels almost too random for it to be her to pop up... if you get me. She had lots of development during her XY arc for it to all go to waste (and we know thanks to SM and PKM2019 that they all directly follow eachother, so Korinna hasnt been forgotten about)

No, no, I'm saying I don't Korrina should be Elite Four near Champion level strong. Master Class has Raihan, Leon, Lance, presumably Steven and Cynthia, if Ash is going to be ridiculously overpowered to defeat Cynthia for example, I don't think Korrina should be on that level.

That's what I mean. Korinna should be at max around the 200-300 rank level (and that might be generous). I don't think she should be at rank 10 with Ash being Rank 11 or something.

Mike999246

I don't every gym leader would be that high. There are more than 64 gym leaders from 8 regions plus hundreds of trainers(participating in the leagues) who beat them. It wouldn't be a bad spot for a third gym leader considering Visquez was over 2000. The latter was just an acting gym leader but she shouldn't be that far behind Surge.
I dont think every gym leader would be that high either but the one thing that seperates her, Wulfric, Misty and Brock (the last two I doubt we'll see in the championships) from everyone else is Mega Evolution.... I do think though we'll see atleast one Kahuna or rival (probs Hau). Then again no one really knows what'll happen at this point, it's all down to speculation.

Mike999246

You have a good imagination but I don't think even Mega Lucario can beat those three back to back considering one of them is fond of beating legendary Pokemon
Thankyou I agree under normal circumstances Mega Lucario would stand no chance but remember that atleast 2 of those 3 have battled Machamp and Mienshao

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
It's confirmed that Ash will use Riolu against Korrina? Cause I don’t think that he will use a newborn against a Mega Evolution.
I hope Ash uses Dragonite here, but he will most probably use Pikachu :S

Mew29240

If they're introducing Mega Evolution through Korrina in this series, it wouldn't be surprising to see a bunch of Gym Leaders being retconned to having 1 Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, especially those from Kanto/Hoenn. We just might see Lt. Surge with a Mega Ampharos or something in the future.

dman_dustin

It's confirmed that Ash will use Riolu against Korrina? Cause I don’t think that he will use a newborn against a Mega Evolution.
I hope Ash uses Dragonite here, but he will most probably use Pikachu :S

The preview implies Ash might be using Gengar and Pikachu against Korrina but its hard to know what they're doing with Korrina in relation to PWC if at all (whether this is the episode Ash properly fights Korrina as shown in the preview; or even if its a rank battle at all).

My original point however was, I'm not happy at Ash potentially being at rank 999, and I'm not happy that possibly Korrina is at rank 999/1000 she should be much higher at least 950 or something or more. And thus like around 4 more episodes approximately before I think Ash should've fought Korrina in this next class.

Mike999246

Fair enough but I’d still find it underwhelming for this hypothetical Mega Gengar to lose
Perhaps he'd send Gengar out against her second last Pokemon (maybe Sirfetch'd) and Mega Evolve it straight away to finish things off (believeing Sirfetch'd only knows Fighting and Normal moves) before Sirfetch'd shows off a dark type move, dealing damage to Mega Gengar.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If this is set in Sinnoh, isn't it weird they decided on Korrina rather than Maylene.
Korrina is more popular and Maylene is "pathetic".

Should've let someone else get a Mega Evolution like Brock and Misty did for the 20th Anniversary special

And if Aura is involved, why not someone who actually knows what it is, like Riley?
No one actually cares that much about non-Aaron these days.

This is WAY too early (at least 4 episodes or so) unless of course this isn't related to PWC and is an arc of sorts.

Because Ash shouldn't be in the next class yet, and should have to qualify before he battles Korrina, which should've been a separate episode, and Korrina should've been a slightly higher opponent. Even if Korrina is the qualfier to enter the new class of PWC, which I could live with, I was really kind of hoping Sobble would get caught first (I didn't want Korrina THIS early).
Pretty much. But, again, they kinda speeding up the captures to not let Ash that behind in comparisson to Go, so they need at least one non-Leon oponent that's not Lance that Ash can actually sweat to defeat. Because, defeating Korrina, the chances of Ash actually lose to Raihan are bigger (also, the future episodes preview showed what is apparently G-max zard vs G-max Duraludon, they'll have to hype Raihan a little as another wall to Ash before Leon or something).

Last edited:

Mike999246

No, no, I'm saying I don't Korrina should be Elite Four near Champion level strong. Master Class has Raihan, Leon, Lance, presumably Steven and Cynthia, if Ash is going to be ridiculously overpowered to defeat Cynthia for example, I don't think Korrina should be on that level.

That's what I mean. Korinna should be at max around the 200-300 rank level (and that might be generous). I don't think she should be at rank 10 with Ash being Rank 11 or something.

She'd never be Rank 10 God no haha but I think Ash would be Rank 10 and shed be like Rank 24 or something just to show all of Ashs battles wont be against higher up trainers too (maybe, though itd be a little late)

Mew29240

Should've let someone else get a Mega Evolution like Brock and Misty did for the 20th Anniversary special

And if Aura is involved, why not someone who actually knows what it is, like Riley?

I don't think Korrina's supposed to help Ash's Riolu at all when it comes to Aura (if that'll be a thing). Her Lucario probably there to become a goal Riolu can measure itself against (wanting to evolve and Mega Evolve).

There's nothing to say that Riley won't show up down the line.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
If they're introducing Mega Evolution through Korrina in this series, it wouldn't be surprising to see a bunch of Gym Leaders being retconned to having 1 Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, especially those from Kanto/Hoenn. We just might see Lt. Surge with a Mega Ampharos or something in the future.

Hmmm, going with Kanto Gym Leaders...

Brock: Mega Steelix
Misty: Mega Gyarados
Lt. Surge: Mega Ampharos or Mega Magnetric
Erika: Mega Venusaur
Sabrina: Mega Alakazam
Koga: Mega Gengar? Mega Beedril?
Blaine: Mega Camerupt? Mega Charizard? Mega Houdoom? Mega Blaziken?
Giovanni: Mega Aerodactyl?

Some of them are not even the same type as the gym leader specialty.

I'm fine with Korrina being regarded as the strongest Kalos Gym Leader and even being a bit stronger than that.

But I don't think her being in the equivalent of Normal Class would be appropriate. Visquez was a gym leader substitute, at rank 2000, which means Lt. Surge technically be already in the next class at like 950 or something.

I find it hard to envision a third gym leader in that light. In the games Koga, the fifth gym leader, went on to become an E4 member. But only two have reached the champion status(Wallace and Iris) and both held the eighth gym leader spot of their respective region. Korrina, being in the lower four, shouldn't be considered that strong. The eighth gym leader is supposed to be really close to E4 level and I don't think she has the potential to even reach that. I know Anime=/=Games and Korrina in the Anime might be stronger than her in-game counterpart, but I still can't imagine that.
I dont think every gym leader would be that high either but the one thing that seperates her, Wulfric, Misty and Brock (the last two I doubt we'll see in the championships) from everyone else is Mega Evolution.... I do think though we'll see atleast one Kahuna or rival (probs Hau). Then again no one really knows what'll happen at this point, it's all down to speculation.

Yes this is what separates her from the rest but she was still the third gym leader. FWIW maybe this is not a PWC match.

Status
Not open for further replies.