• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Rohanator

Since it' a battle festival it might be similar to ep 7 where they speed through multiple fights to get to the main event, Gengar footage could be from that part. I assume Satoshi vs Corni will be at least a 2v2 and he'll let Riolu try against Lucario despite it obviously not being a match, before beating it with Pikachu because of course.

I never expected Corni's return to be anything special in the wider story, especially due to the reused design, she's here for one battle cameo that gives Riolu something to aspire towards, and then she'll dip out.

I just hope they get some good animators for this since Iwane got the previous ep.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
In the anime the most developed female gym leaders besides Misty and Clair are Gardenia, Candice, Elesa, Skyla, Viola and Korrina.

I can even give you Skyla (pushing too hard), but call Elesa "developed" is too much. Elesa was Fantina, but worsened. I'd accept Fantina over Elesa any day.

Yes this is what separates her from the rest but she was still the third gym leader. FWIW maybe this is not a PWC match.
Man, nowadays, Misty have M-gyarados (anime, at least) and she's the second leader. Let it go.

Also, this could be just a Kalos Battle Fest or something and Ash ends meeting and fighting her there.

Last edited:

Mew29240

Hmmm, going with Kanto Gym Leaders...

Brock: Mega Steelix
Misty: Mega Gyarados
Lt. Surge: Mega Ampharos or Mega Magnetric
Erika: Mega Venusaur
Sabrina: Mega Alakazam
Koga: Mega Gengar? Mega Beedril?
Blaine: Mega Camerupt? Mega Charizard? Mega Houdoom? Mega Blaziken?
Giovanni: Mega Aerodactyl?

Some of them are not even the same type as the gym leader specialty.

Giovanni had a Mega Beedrill in the Adventures Manga, oddly enough. They might give his anime incarnation that as well. I doubt he's still acting as the Viridian Gym Leader nowadaya anyway, so type shouldn't be a problem here.

Mega Gengar would be something I'd give Agatha, though. Maybe Mega Venausar for Koga and Mega Sceptile for Eirika? Or we can just not include Eirika; I don't care for her anime incarnation much anyway.

Blaine's got a good selection with all the Fire-Type Megas. I feel Mega Camerupt would be better off with Flannery, so maybe Mega Charizard Y for Drought? It'll help mitigate his weakness to water and have a Pokemon immune to Ground-Types.

I see Mega Manectric be with Wattson more, so it would be Mega Ampharos for Lt. Surge. Then again, it would be weird to see his strongest not be his Raichu. For all we know, the Galar DLC might include new Mega Stones and Raichu will get a Raichuite.

Jibanyan

I see Mega Manectric be with Wattson more, so it would be Mega Ampharos for Lt. Surge. Then again, it would be weird to see his strongest not be his Raichu. For all we know, the Galar DLC might include new Mega Stones and Raichu will get a Raichuite.

I would like to see Ash battling Wattson again because the gym battle in AG was pretty bad.

Mew29240

Hmmm, going with Kanto Gym Leaders...

Brock: Mega Steelix
Misty: Mega Gyarados
Lt. Surge: Mega Ampharos or Mega Magnetric
Erika: Mega Venusaur
Sabrina: Mega Alakazam
Koga: Mega Gengar? Mega Beedril?
Blaine: Mega Camerupt? Mega Charizard? Mega Houdoom? Mega Blaziken?
Giovanni: Mega Aerodactyl?

Some of them are not even the same type as the gym leader specialty.

For Hoenn Gym Leaders, I'd do it like so:

Roxanne: Mega Aerodactyl. As Rustboro City is the place in the games where you restore Fossils in Hoenn, I felt that this was a no-brainer. She's also got one on her Emerald rematch team as well (which ORAS didn't get...)

Brawly: Mega Medicham. It's kinda the only Pokemon he's shown to have with the possibility of Mega Evolving.

Wattson: Mega Manectric. He was a sweet bond with that Electrike he caught after losing to Ash. It also seems to be his signature Pokemon, which is a plus.

Flannery: Mega Camperupt. She didn't have one in the anime, but did in the games.

Norman: Mega Kangaskhan. He had a Kangaskhan on his Emerald rematch team.

Winona: Mega Pidgeot. It's a shame her Shiny Swellow won't be her strongest anymore though...

Tate & Liza: Mega Gallade and Mega Gardevoir, respectively. Seems to be a good fit for them.

Juan: The hardest one to pin down. Why didn't they give Milotic a Mega?! I'm learning towards Swampert for that Electric immunity.

What do you think?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Umbilical Noose said:
Wasn't Korrina arc a near copy/paste of Chimchar's blaze arc without the need?

I hadn't thought of it that way before, but now I can certainly see some similarities between the two mini-arcs. I still think it's a testament to how great DP was that Hikozaru's arc trumps Corni's arc overall, despite the latter happening in a shorter time span.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Maybe I'm misremembering but I think I saw Ash with Gengar in the preview so maybe that's the one he is using against Mega Lucario?

Gengar would be interesting since it gives Ash an upper hand against Lucario's fighting type moves. Unless, Korrina have Lucario to pull Foresight

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Maybe I'm misremembering but I think I saw Ash with Gengar in the preview so maybe that's the one he is using against Mega Lucario?

Gengar would be interesting since it gives Ash an upper hand against Lucario's fighting type moves. Unless, Korrina have Lucario to pull Foresight
Doesn't Ash's Gengar have Cursed Body instead of Levitate? If so, it's ****** against Mega Double Bone Rush.

Mew29240

Doesn't Ash's Gengar have Cursed Body instead of Levitate? If so, it's ****** against Mega Double Bone Rush.

It avoids Power-Up Punch and Aura Sphere, so I'd take that as a win in my book.

From its Bulbapedia page, Korrina's Lucario's current moveset (as of XYZ) is Bone Rush, Metal Sound, Aura Sphere, and Power-Up Punch. If Bone Rush is the only damaging move Lucario has against Gengar, I'd say Ash is in a pretty good spot, especially if you consider Gengar's crazy movement, flight, and intangibility. Metal Sound might distract it enough to land a good hit, though...

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I find it hard to envision a third gym leader in that light. In the games Koga, the fifth gym leader, went on to become an E4 member. But only two have reached the champion status(Wallace and Iris) and both held the eighth gym leader spot of their respective region. Korrina, being in the lower four, shouldn't be considered that strong. The eighth gym leader is supposed to be really close to E4 level and I don't think she has the potential to even reach that. I know Anime=/=Games and Korrina in the Anime might be stronger than her in-game counterpart, but I still can't imagine that.

I think you're forgetting something.

Alain defeating Korrina as his LAST badge, not the third badge, I don't think it matters that Ash battled her as his third. And not to mention I think Barry beat Bryon before he even beat Fantina and was actually struggling against her, whereas Ash battled Fantina before Byron, and I'm sure Byron was the more difficult opponent.

Korrina naturally would have to be a lot stronger by now anyway, since she just barely got used to Mega Evolved Lucario when she challenged Ash, and true Alain was whole beast and half but he still battled her last.

So yes I can easily see her being stronger than Ramos (who doesn't have a mega evolution), Valerie (because Lucario is part steel), Clemont/Clembot (because I doubt Clembot would be stronger than Korrina), I can see her being stronger than Olympia (at least on on one, with Mega evolution Lucario vs one of her Meowstic, double battle wise Olympia might be stronger if Maylene LOL Korrina doesn't have at least something to combat Olympia in double battles, but I imagine a Pangoro for example would be very helpful).

Lastly is Wulfric, which even if we assume was the strongest trainer (LOL Gym Leader), keep in mind Mega Abomasnow for the most part should've been more powerful than Ash-Greninja, let's face it, Mega Lucario just completely destroys Abomasnow, so yes I can technically see after all this time, Korrina is technically the strongest gym leader (of KALOS, WHY AM I NOW ONLY seeing my mistake).

Again I'm not saying she needs to be rank 10-99 which is where the Elite Four should be ranked I was never saying that, but I could easily see her being around 700-800 easily. Keep in mind there are about 900 trainers in this next rank, if we even include the Galar region that's 7 generations of gyms (Alola didn't have any), that's about only ~56 trainers, so they could easily be 300-400 or something if need be. And let's even take the Elite Four power level rank which should be below Master rank, that's about 100 trainers still (though maybe less but close to 100, 90 I think), even including ALL the regions that have Elite Four members that's only 6 generations of Elite Four (8th generation doesn't have Elite Four members, and unfortunately anime wise neither does Alola region) that's only 24 trainers out of 100 possible trainers.

I think people don't understand. All the gym leaders could easily be the "Great Ball rank" and still have PLENTY of other options. All the Elite Four can even be in the Ultra Ball Rank and still have plenty of spaces left over, whether they do that or not is an entirely different question. And technically the master class could technically fit all the champions.

Kanto and Johto- Lance (1)
Hoenn- Steven (2)
Sinnoh- Cynthia (3)
Unova- Alder (4)
Kalos- Diantha (5)
Alola- Ash (6)
Galar- Leon (7)
Galar- Raihan (8)
Replacement for Ash before Ash joins the Master Class- Who knows?

Yes technically not all the champions will likely be in the master class rank, yes not all Elite Four members will be in the "Ultra Ball" rank and not all the Gym Leaders will be in the "Great Ball" rank, some could be higher some could even be lower (not necessarily the class but at least rank wise prior to master class). Like the strongest gym leader could technically be the first opponent or first challenge in the Ultra Ball rank, it could be feasible. But aside from that it's still entirely possible.

So Korrina could easily be around rank 200-600 if they really wanted to. I'm just saying she shouldn't be in the 99-9 rank (the Ultra Ball Rank) as that should be purely Elite Four level strength. Like I would believe a frontier brain would be in the Ultra Ball rank far more than a gym leader.

So no, Korrina could be at rank 500 for example, and was kind of more what I was hoping. I don't want her to be rank 999 and Ash being at rank 1000, it's why I don't want Korrina this early in a PWC match, because I do believe Korrina could be higher than 999. And I kind of wanted a more random entry into the "Great Ball" Rank that could be its own episode. I just don't like that Korrina feels like the last Normal Class trainer for Ash, when she technically should be stronger. Like I said the gym leaders should easily fit just fine in the "great ball" rank, which is what I would've preferred. I don't want gym leaders to be in the Normal Class where up to 10,000 trainers can participate, that's not going to make for a naturally good battle because you're being paired with gym leader substitutes and random nobodies (at the moment), at a class where everyone can participate in, you see the problem there? Gym leader should be in a higher class than that, I think it makes sense. Again some people just won't make it, primarily due to the character traits and the writing. Fantina probably doesn't care about PWCs.

But I mean strength wise, people in the Great Ball rank should be gym leaders at their full strength, the "Ultra Ball" rank should be Elite Four level trainers at their full strength, where Master Class will be regional champion level trainers at their full strength. But whether that happens, remains to be seen.

Only by pure strength wise of mega evolution, because it's not like adaptability will help bone rush at all, which otherwise would just be a normal non-stabbed move.

Lucario's hypothetical steel type moves would be far more effective than bone rush, since adapability is like dealing super effective damage on an opponent but without stab, so a steel type move definitely should be more effective given its higher base power. But it depends on whether they want Bone Rush to have a crazy high base power (anime only) or the steel move.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Its interesting that they dont say against which pokemon Mega Lucario is going to battle

Mew29240

Its interesting that they dont say against which pokemon Mega Lucario is going to battle

Probably for suspense. I doubt they'll have Pikachu and Lucario fight again though. In the preview, Korrina comments that fighting against Ash really is great, not Ash and Pikachu, which I feel would've been mentioned here if Pikachu was the one battling.

Status
Not open for further replies.