• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

JoaquinLorie

Ok so they are probably going to be in Kalos. What if Gekkouga returns? Doubt it since the preview shows Gengar and Pikachu battling.

Pteranodonte

Perhaps he'd send Gengar out against her second last Pokemon (maybe Sirfetch'd) and Mega Evolve it straight away to finish things off (believeing Sirfetch'd only knows Fighting and Normal moves) before Sirfetch'd shows off a dark type move, dealing damage to Mega Gengar.
And then Sirfetch'd OHKO Mega Gengar thanks to Scrappy.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It avoids Power-Up Punch and Aura Sphere, so I'd take that as a win in my book.

From its Bulbapedia page, Korrina's Lucario's current moveset (as of XYZ) is Bone Rush, Metal Sound, Aura Sphere, and Power-Up Punch. If Bone Rush is the only damaging move Lucario has against Gengar, I'd say Ash is in a pretty good spot, especially if you consider Gengar's crazy movement, flight, and intangibility. Metal Sound might distract it enough to land a good hit, though...

Yeah, but Korrina might have switched Metal Sound for Foresight which is a move that Riolu/Lucario can learn. It'd make sense Korrina having something to counter ghost types.

Using Foresight isn't uncalled in the anime because, if I recall, Ash's Noctowl knew it and had used it on Morty (never watched the episode but I remember reading something about that. Feel free to correct me)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Honestly Riolu evolving already just would be way to quick, especially for a Pokemon that just hatched from an egg to go up against a Mega Lucario or evolving in only 4 episodes of lifetime without much of development and growth. So I hope Ash uses any other of his Pokemon against Korrina and her role only being to give Ash a keystone for Mega Evolution. Otherwise (Riolu evolving into Lucario) would be bad writing but hey, it seems it's going to be this way *sigh*

Zariful

I think Ash might bring out Riolu to watch the match and Riolu could get inspired! Since it’s a battle festival, I could see whenever they are being in a stadium. But I felt like they were fighting in the Galar stadium

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ok so they are probably going to be in Kalos. What if Gekkouga returns? Doubt it since the preview shows Gengar and Pikachu battling.

Not yet, they'd have snuck him in the preview if he was coming back soon. Maybe the next Kalos trip, assuming they're actually in Kalos here

dman_dustin

Not yet, they'd have snuck him in the preview if he was coming back soon. Maybe the next Kalos trip, assuming they're actually in Kalos here

I don't know they are willing to keep some things secret, despite things somehow getting leaked with the exception of Torracat evolving which was literally one of the few things they managed to keep secret. The outcome between Kukui and Ash was expected to remain secret. But we had things like Ash winning the Alola league and Naganadel returning (or appearing for the first time as an evolved Pokemon), and Raboot was leaked all over the internet. I honestly wonder what would've happened if Nico-Nico didn't spoil Raboot, I wonder what the reactions would've been like.

Personally I honestly would prefer Greninja to come back as a surprise that's actually well hidden and kept secret, rather than "HYPE TRAIN, ALL ABOARD" they can hype Greninja after it comes back.

ssquaderi

I think you're forgetting something.

Alain defeating Korrina as his LAST badge, not the third badge, I don't think it matters that Ash battled her as his third. And not to mention I think Barry beat Bryon before he even beat Fantina and was actually struggling against her, whereas Ash battled Fantina before Byron, and I'm sure Byron was the more difficult opponent.

Korrina naturally would have to be a lot stronger by now anyway, since she just barely got used to Mega Evolved Lucario when she challenged Ash, and true Alain was whole beast and half but he still battled her last.

So yes I can easily see her being stronger than Ramos (who doesn't have a mega evolution), Valerie (because Lucario is part steel), Clemont/Clembot (because I doubt Clembot would be stronger than Korrina), I can see her being stronger than Olympia (at least on on one, with Mega evolution Lucario vs one of her Meowstic, double battle wise Olympia might be stronger if Maylene doesn't have at least something to combat Olympia in double battles, but I imagine a Pangoro for example would be very helpful).

Lastly is Wulfric, which even if we assume was the strongest trainer, keep in mind Mega Abomasnow for the most part should've been more powerful than Ash-Greninja, let's face it, Mega Lucario just completely destroys Abomasnow, so yes I can technically see after all this time, Korrina is technically the strongest gym leader.

Again I'm not saying she needs to be rank 10-99 which is where the Elite Four should be ranked I was never saying that, but I could easily see her being around 700-800 easily. Keep in mind there are about 900 trainers in this next rank, if we even include the Galar region that's 7 generations of gyms (Alola didn't have any), that's about only ~56 trainers, so they could easily be 300-400 or something if need be. And let's even take the Elite Four power level rank which should be below Master rank, that's about 100 trainers still (though maybe less but close to 100, 90 I think), even including ALL the regions that have Elite Four members that's only 6 generations of Elite Four (8th generation doesn't have Elite Four members, and unfortunately anime wise neither does Alola region) that's only 24 trainers out of 100 possible trainers.

I think people don't understand. All the gym leaders could easily be the "Great Ball rank" and still have PLENTY of other options. All the Elite Four can even be in the Ultra Ball Rank and still have plenty of spaces left over, whether they do that or not is an entirely different question. And technically the master class could technically fit all the champions.

Kanto and Johto- Lance (1)
Hoenn- Steven (2)
Sinnoh- Cynthia (3)
Unova- Alder (4)
Kalos- Diantha (5)
Alola- Ash (6)
Galar- Leon (7)
Galar- Raihan (8)
Replacement for Ash before Ash joins the Master Class- Who knows?

Yes technically not all the champions will likely be in the master class rank, yes not all Elite Four members will be in the "Ultra Ball" rank and not all the Gym Leaders will be in the "Great Ball" rank, some could be higher some could even be lower (not necessarily the class but at least rank wise prior to master class). Like the strongest gym leader could technically be the first opponent or first challenge in the Ultra Ball rank, it could be feasible. But aside from that it's still entirely possible.

So Korrina could easily be around rank 200-600 if they really wanted to. I'm just saying she shouldn't be in the 99-9 rank (the Ultra Ball Rank) as that should be purely Elite Four level strength. Like I would believe a frontier brain would be in the Ultra Ball rank far more than a gym leader.

So no, Korrina could be at rank 500 for example, and was kind of more what I was hoping. I don't want her to be rank 999 and Ash being at rank 1000, it's why I don't want Korrina this early in a PWC match, because I do believe Korrina could be higher than 999. And I kind of wanted a more random entry into the "Great Ball" Rank that could be its own episode. I just don't like that Korrina feels like the last Normal Class trainer for Ash, when she technically should be stronger. Like I said the gym leaders should easily fit just fine in the "great ball" rank, which is what I would've preferred. I don't want gym leaders to be in the Normal Class where up to 10,000 trainers can participate, that's not going to make for a naturally good battle because you're being paired with gym leader substitutes and random nobodies (at the moment), at a class where everyone can participate in, you see the problem there? Gym leader should be in a higher class than that, I think it makes sense. Again some people just won't make it, primarily due to the character traits and the writing. Fantina probably doesn't care about PWCs.

But I mean strength wise, people in the Great Ball rank should be gym leaders at their full strength, the "Ultra Ball" rank should be Elite Four level trainers at their full strength, where Master Class will be regional champion level trainers at their full strength. But whether that happens, remains to be seen.

Only by pure strength wise of mega evolution, because it's not like adaptability will help bone rush at all, which otherwise would just be a normal non-stabbed move.

Lucario's hypothetical steel type moves would be far more effective than bone rush, since adapability is like dealing super effective damage on an opponent but without stab, so a steel type move definitely should be more effective given its higher base power. But it depends on whether they want Bone Rush to have a crazy high base power (anime only) or the steel move.

Sorry to say, but all of this feels a bit redundant, Korrina isn't a PWC battle, this is a Battle Festival where at most they could announce competitors' PWC ranks at the start of the battle.

dman_dustin

Sorry to say, but all of this feels a bit redundant, Korrina isn't a PWC battle, this is a Battle Festival where at most they could announce competitors' PWC ranks at the start of the battle.

Given that we don't have a summary we can't say for sure.

It could be a battle festival for PWC challengers only, and two top trainers actually have a real official PWC match, or because the final two competitors are PWC trainers' having an official match.

AND ON TOP OF THAT we don't even know what's going to happen in future episodes (and I mean after this episode, and I mean explicitly rather than previewed), so we can't even be sure this is only one episode to begin with, or that Ash and Korrina won't end up battling each other later on in an actual PWC.

So sure it could be redundant in the sense it might not actually matter AT THIS exact time, but it could also be relevant at this point in time, it's hard to know without a summary, especially since Ash vs Korrina shown in the preview definitely looked far more official than a simple battle festival, since I feel like that would look like a more enhanced version of what happened in Twinleaf Town in context with Palmer vs Ash.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
What I think would be good is if Ash loses to Korrina in this battle festival, suggests she enter the PWC and they promise to battle again where it matters.

I recently rewatched the Korrina arc(rewatching XY atm), and it's a great arc and I have zero idea why she and the arc gets **** on. She's a legitimately entertaining character and seeing her banter with Ash again will be great.

Also, PM seriously has a high bar to climb with battles as already mentioned. Lucario vs Blaziken and Angry M-Lucario vs Pikachu were incredibly great battles. And then XY took it up a notch again with the gym battle and the M-Lucario vs Pikachu rematch.

I actually think PM is the prettier show overall(XY is actually kind of plain and boring to look at), but I seriously don't understand why the battles are so underwhelming. Does using the 3D camera and creating 3D backgrounds require that much effort?

Red and Blue

What I think would be good is if Ash loses to Korrina in this battle festival, suggests she enter the PWC and they promise to battle again where it matters.
I disagree. If he is going to have his first lost since entering the WC it should be against a trainer in the WC so his rank can go down. If Korrina is already competing then ok

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I recently rewatched the Korrina arc(rewatching XY atm), and it's a great arc and I have zero idea why she and the arc gets **** on. She's a legitimately entertaining character and seeing her banter with Ash again will be great.

Also, PM seriously has a high bar to climb with battles as already mentioned. Lucario vs Blaziken and Angry M-Lucario vs Pikachu were incredibly great battles. And then XY took it up a notch again with the gym battle and the M-Lucario vs Pikachu rematch.

I actually think PM is the prettier show overall(XY is actually kind of plain and boring to look at), but I seriously don't understand why the battles are so underwhelming. Does using the 3D camera and creating 3D backgrounds require that much effort?
Because we watch the show for the main characters, not some little girl in roller skates showcasing constant Lucario pandering for five episodes.

Because we watch the show for the main characters, not some little girl in roller skates showcasing constant Lucario pandering for five episodes.

It's not like the main characters disappeared for five episodes and worldbuilding with different characters with their own personal hang-ups is a feature I see great value in.

Personally, I like Lucario, so the pandering is fine.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I disagree. If he is going to have his first lost since entering the WC it should be against a trainer in the WC so his rank can go down. If Korrina is already competing then ok

Why do you want his rank to go down when he's still in the Normal Class? I'd rather have him win so he can get into the next rank and start battling stronger more iconic characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.