• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Mega Lucario will probably be holding back as well(despite Ash insisting Korrina go all out). Also Riolu is stubborn so that could play a part in it lasting a while

ShadowForce720

It's still a recently-hatched baby mon... It's like saying that if Leon gets a recently-hatched Magikarp who only knows 1 or 2 moves, it will surely win against Ash's Pikachu...

Except I was never arguing that Ash’s Riolu would win against Korrina’s Mega Lucario. What you asked us that wouldn’t be weird if that Ash’s Riolu lasted longer against Mega Lucario then Go’s Scyther and Scorbunny against Mightyena.

The answer is no because Ash is a experienced trainer who is able to make fast reactions when it comes to giving commands, while Go is a rookie trainer who was in his first battle and was to slow in giving commands.

dman_dustin

It's like saying that if Leon gets a recently-hatched Magikarp who only knows 1 or 2 moves, it will surely win against Ash's Pikachu...

It probably would to be fair, as Leon never loses. Plus 8th generation gave it Hydro Pump.....so....

The difference though is that Riolu is already the strongest egg Pokemon, I think only Dawn's Cyndaquil could be a contender for that title, and maybe May's Eevee. But its definitely Ash's strongest egg Pokemon.

Plus it's not going to be newly hatched during Korrina, if Ash uses it a lot or trains it (Sakuragi lab episode or Team Rocket episode), it could end up quickly being pretty strong with some more moves, like maybe 1st badge or 2nd badge strong (depending on the region). It definitely should probably be better than Scorbunny/Scyther at the time of their captures.

Plus there's the point that strength isn't always the point, you have to figure in skill/strategy. Sure if Mega Lucario hits Riolu even once, it would be believable that it would lose but it would have to get hit first. Plus what would really help is it training against Go's Pokemon or even Ash's Pokemon. And then there's the trait that Ash's Riolu has shown, it doesn't seem to get knocked out, Riolu might survive and risk its life to fight Lucario, forcing Ash to forfeit (which might upset Riiolu but could have storyline purposes).

Sword master zacian

It probably would to be fair, as Leon never loses. Plus 8th generation gave it Hydro Pump.....so....

The difference though is that Riolu is already the strongest egg Pokemon, I think only Dawn's Cyndaquil could be a contender for that title, and maybe May's Eevee. But its definitely Ash's strongest egg Pokemon.

Plus it's not going to be newly hatched during Korrina, if Ash uses it a lot or trains it (Sakuragi lab episode or Team Rocket episode), it could end up quickly being pretty strong with some more moves, like maybe 1st badge or 2nd badge strong (depending on the region). It definitely should probably be better than Scorbunny/Scyther at the time of their captures.

Plus there's the point that strength isn't always the point, you have to figure in skill/strategy. Sure if Mega Lucario hits Riolu even once, it would be believable that it would lose but it would have to get hit first. Plus what would really help is it training against Go's Pokemon or even Ash's Pokemon. And then there's the trait that Ash's Riolu has shown, it doesn't seem to get knocked out, Riolu might survive and risk its life to fight Lucario, forcing Ash to forfeit (which might upset Riiolu but could have storyline purposes).
It isn't important to show training in epispde it could be done offscreen as well and riolu looks like a pokemon that doesn't need aah to train himself it can intself go battling with all of pokemon of park

I don't think it'll be Riolu. No way Korrina mega evolves her Lucario to face a baby Riolu. That just wouldn't make sense.

If they were to battle, it would probably just be straight up. I still think based on the preview it'll be Gengar.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ash's face in the preview seems super confident after deliberately asking for Mega Lucario so either:
*Ash is using a Pokémon who he has mutual confidence in
*Riolu pulls a Cameron and somehow manges to get to a point where Ash is ready to take it to the next level

Leonhart

Imagineer
RetroPokeFan said:
I'd actually be fine if Riolu is what ends up costing Ash the win. I mean he's already beaten Korrina and it could lead to it getting some development.

I don't particularly care if Satoshi wins or loses here since like you said he already defeated Corni before, but I don't like the thought of Riolu being used and it losing to Mega Lucario since that'd be such a predictable battle, and even Satoshi should know better than to challenge a Mega with a newborn Pokemon.

Red and Blue

If Riolu wants to battle Korrina's Lucario I don't think Ash would be able to turn it down even if he wanted to. And I think a lose against it's evolved form would humble it quite a bit.

Mew29240

I don't particularly care if Satoshi wins or loses here since like you said he already defeated Corni before, but I don't like the thought of Riolu being used and it losing to Mega Lucario since that'd be such a predictable battle, and even Satoshi should know better than to challenge a Mega with a newborn Pokemon.

Riolu doesn't have to fight Mega Lucario, it just needs to witness its power. Ash and Korrina could have a 2v2 with Riolu winning the first battle. It then loses hard to a non-ME Lucario and Ash sends out Gengar for the win/loss against ME Lucario. This should be enough to humble Riolu and give it a goal to aspire towards without needing to battle Mega Evolution directly.

JoaquinLorie

I think it's just exciting Ash asking Korrina to basically Mega-Evolve her Lucario. How confident is Ash? Funny. This is going to be above interesting.

Rivals around the world assemble? The reveal of the next bunch of episode titles is going to blow our minds probably.

Xuxuba

I just rewatched Korrina and Ash's first battle and man that Lucario was brutal. It makes you wonder if it was really worth teaching him how to control his aura cuz he looked way stronger unhinged.

If this new Korrina is able to be just as strong while mantaining control, she is gonna be a monster.

Dzentelmen

Am I the only one who thinks that Riolu will evolve and it'll be a Lucario vs Lucario battle? It still could lose but having a Mega Lucario vs Riolu battle just seems stupid.

Where are people getting the idea that Riolu will battle? From the preview it looks like the only two Pokémon that are going to be battling are Gengar and Pikachu.

From XY, it’s clear remember that Pikachu and Lucario have history. It seems obvious from the preview and logic that it’ll be Pikachu vs Mega-Lucario.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Where are people getting the idea that Riolu will battle? From the preview it looks like the only two Pokémon that are going to be battling are Gengar and Pikachu.

From XY, it’s clear remember that Pikachu and Lucario have history. It seems obvious from the preview and logic that it’ll be Pikachu vs Mega-Lucario.
Because, like Scraggy, this Riolu is hotheaded and doesn't mind picking fights. It isn't farfetched to expect Ash to let Riolu battle. And while it was Kuk-I mean Masked Royal's(!) idea, Ash was OK with letting Litten battle Incineroar after it rushed down to the arena to ask for a fight. Maybe a similar thing might happen.

Xuxuba

I agree that he is not going to pick Riolu. Ash is crazy, but not to this level.

I do hope it is not another Pikachu vs Lucario match up though. It gets boring and repetitive to see the same matches every single time. I wish they would estabilish a rivalry with Ash's other pokémon too and not limit their interactions to just one of the opponents' pokémon. I got really tired of that with pikachu/mimikyu, pikachu/tapu koko, litten/incineroar, lycanroc/lycanroc, decidueye/rowlet. It would be nice to shake things up. That is why i am hopping for Lucario vs Gengar.

Zariful

The stadium that Gengar is fighting in looks like Wyndon.

dman_dustin

Um....it's Riolu.

Unless Riolu doesn't show up at all is the only way I can see Riolu NOT WANTING to participate.

And if Riolu doesn't show up, I feel like it undermines the entire point of bringing Korrina back.

Look unless this is a PWC match and only if its confirmed will Ash's team against Korrina matter. But I don't think it will be believable AT ALL for Riolu to NOT want to battle Lucario, it's just not realistic given its character.

I just severely doubt Riolu will understand that it shouldn't be battling against Lucario/Korrina and if it this scenario happens, I feel like Riolu would pout or maybe even run away or resent Ash. Unless of course Riolu isn't even with Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.