• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Because, like Scraggy, this Riolu is hotheaded and doesn't mind picking fights. It isn't farfetched to expect Ash to let Riolu battle. And while it was Kuk-I mean Masked Royal's(!) idea, Ash was OK with letting Litten battle Incineroar after it rushed down to the arena to ask for a fight. Maybe a similar thing might happen.

Except litten was a fan and have more common sense, while we don't know how fight/see mega lucario will affect riolu, who are very thick headed by now. But, yeah, not thinking riolu will fight here, but I'm sure it and Ash will fight Korrina and lucario eventually. Dunno if before riolu's evolution or not.

Um....it's Riolu.

Unless Riolu doesn't show up at all is the only way I can see Riolu NOT WANTING to participate.

And if Riolu doesn't show up, I feel like it undermines the entire point of bringing Korrina back.

Look unless this is a PWC match and only if its confirmed will Ash's team against Korrina matter. But I don't think it will be believable AT ALL for Riolu to NOT want to battle Lucario, it's just not realistic given its character.

I just severely doubt Riolu will understand that it shouldn't be battling against Lucario/Korrina and if it this scenario happens, I feel like Riolu would pout or maybe even run away or resent Ash. Unless of course Riolu isn't even with Ash.

Pretty much. There isn't how to know without a summary/longer preview/see the actual episode, but it looks pretty obvious Ash's riolu will be in the episode.

Also, even with the aura synchronization, riolu isn't greninja. Ash-greninja worked because both Ash and greninja were very similar in personality and attitude, despite their differences. By now, it looks like riolu want to be stronger only by itself and the ends justify the means. It will lose if it fights Korrina's lucario, but, I think Ash will take time to properly bond with it after that.

Red and Blue

If the final match in the festival is a 2 vs. 2 what other Pokemon will Korrina use? Maybe Hawlucha like her in game self

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
There was that Galarian Farfetch'd in the big preview. Maybe it's hers?

I hope so, it'd honestly be nice to see a returning character with a new Pokemon for a change. Ever since DP ended it's been that way and it's quite sad, almost as if the characters just sit around and don't have their own stories or adventures outside of Ash
Cilan, Brock, and Misty returned with absolute jack. And Lance's just used Gyarados thus far

We've seen enough of Machoke so I really hope we don't see hers, especially since that line is the ace of a certain Galarian gym leader we'll surely see sooner or later

Mew29240

Oh, sure. Now Korrina is stealing from Bea's team members. She was ticked off Ash stole her Hawlucha, so the girl retaliated. And, feeling it wasn't enough, she took Maylene's Sinnoh cameo (if the festival is set in Sinnoh).

She didn't just stop with Bea, she also took Serena's mandatory return cameo from her (she didn't show up last season because they were battling for it. Guess who won?)!

Mew29240

Nah, Serena probably called the battle off.

She didn't surprisingly. Serena was an unexpectedly vicious opponent that cornered Korrina with her newfound contest strategies. Perhaps she got a power boost knowing what's at stake? However, the power of love meant nothing against the Uber menace that was Mega Lucario (she gave it a good run tho).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh, sure. Now Korrina is stealing from Bea's team members. She was ticked off Ash stole her Hawlucha, so the girl retaliated. And, feeling it wasn't enough, she took Maylene's Sinnoh cameo (if the festival is set in Sinnoh).

As if, the anime has a tendency for giving gym leaders different Pokemon anyways.
There are a ton of Galar Fighting types out there so I don't see the harm in Korrina using one when Bea still uses Pokemon like Hitmontop and Pangoro. Depending on when Ash faces her, she might not even be using more than three Pokemon anyhow

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Red and Blue

Well if that Farfetch'd does belong to Korrina she will probably have Sirfetch'd by the time she faces Ash again

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
As if, the anime has a tendency for giving gym leaders different Pokemon anyways.
There are a ton of Galar Fighting types out there so I don't see the harm in Korrina using one when Bea still uses Pokemon like Hitmontop and Pangoro. Depending on when Ash faces her, she might not even be using more than three Pokemon anyhow

I'd just find it a little odd for Corni to showcase Pokemon other than just her Lucario here since it's the main hype tool that the writers love to promote. But even if she were to use other Pokemon, I'd rather see her use Kairiky or Kojondo: the former has had a lot of merchandise recently anyway, and she owns the pre-evolved forms of both Pokemon already.

Status
Not open for further replies.