• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew29240

I'd just find it a little odd for Corni to showcase Pokemon other than just her Lucario here since it's the main hype tool that the writers love to promote. But even if she were to use other Pokemon, I'd rather see her use Kairiky or Kojondo: the former has had a lot of merchandise recently anyway, and she owns the pre-evolved forms of both Pokemon already.

I think the writers are just going to shoehorn in Galarian Pokemon where they can at this point. There's the possibility of (wild?) Morpeko being behind the food shortage at the park in that episode despite there being little reason for a Galarian Pokemon to be in Kanto. If that happens, I can't see why it won't happen with Korrina.

Um....it's Riolu.

Unless Riolu doesn't show up at all is the only way I can see Riolu NOT WANTING to participate.

And if Riolu doesn't show up, I feel like it undermines the entire point of bringing Korrina back.

Look unless this is a PWC match and only if its confirmed will Ash's team against Korrina matter. But I don't think it will be believable AT ALL for Riolu to NOT want to battle Lucario, it's just not realistic given its character.

I just severely doubt Riolu will understand that it shouldn't be battling against Lucario/Korrina and if it this scenario happens, I feel like Riolu would pout or maybe even run away or resent Ash. Unless of course Riolu isn't even with Ash.

It isn’t a question about if Riolu wants to battle or not, it’s a question if he is actually going to which was what I was talking about.

Which as of now, clearly leans in favor of him not battling Lucario. If you want to say there’s a narrative at play here with the Riolu and Lucario dynamic, sure, I can buy that, but as proven time and time again, I don’t think the writers think about the kind of interesting stuff that is possible with the options they have

BabaVanga

There's a lot of Kalos native fighting types they could give Korrina, no need to shoehorn Galarian Farfetch'd.
It doesn't fit her anyways.

Sword master zacian

There's a lot of Kalos native fighting types they could give Korrina, no need to shoehorn Galarian Farfetch'd.
It doesn't fit her anyways.
I can't understand why a kalos trainer/gym leader will have a galarian variant pokemon this makes no sense at all to me
Now everyone will say she visited galar and caught one this is ridiculous
I think galarian farfetch'd will have its own epiosde just like sobble,riolu

Lol doesn't his username basically say it all.
Maylene is not an Aura user.
I'd just find it a little odd for Corni to showcase Pokemon other than just her Lucario here since it's the main hype tool that the writers love to promote. But even if she were to use other Pokemon, I'd rather see her use Kairiky or Kojondo: the former has had a lot of merchandise recently anyway, and she owns the pre-evolved forms of both Pokemon already.
I would very much prefer Kojondo but even if it appears it will likely get very little screentime in favor of you-know-who.

It isn’t a question about if Riolu wants to battle or not, it’s a question if he is actually going to which was what I was talking about.

Which as of now, clearly leans in favor of him not battling Lucario. If you want to say there’s a narrative at play here with the Riolu and Lucario dynamic, sure, I can buy that, but as proven time and time again, I don’t think the writers think about the kind of interesting stuff that is possible with the options they have
What is interesting to you might not be interesting to them. Subjectivity is a thing. Besides the episodic format doesn't allow complex storytelling that can go on for more than an episode or two.

On Topic: Despite Gengar having higher chances of appearing here, thanks to the preview, people are stuck on other Pokemon.

Maylene is not an Aura user.

I would very much prefer Kojondo but even if it appears it will likely get very little screentime in favor of you-know-who.

What is interesting to you might not be interesting to them. Subjectivity is a thing. Besides the episodic format doesn't allow complex storytelling that can go on for more than an episode or two.

On Topic: Despite Gengar having higher chances of appearing here, thanks to the preview, people are stuck on other Pokemon.

No, I definitely think it would be interesting, I just see no proof that the scenario which he laid out may happen currently.

Yes, the episodic format is a detriment to the show and brings down the entire anime. Why the producers decided to go this route I will never know nor I will never understand.

No, I definitely think it would be interesting, I just see no proof that the scenario which he laid out may happen currently.

Yes, the episodic format is a detriment to the show and brings down the entire anime. Why the producers decided to go this route I will never know nor I will never understand.

They are most likely trying to cater to kids and since kids don't care about intricate storytelling they must have chosen the episodic format. If a plot lasts for more than two episodes then it can create confusion for a kid who doesn't follow the Anime regularly.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
They are most likely trying to cater to kids and since kids don't care about intricate storytelling they must have chosen the episodic format. If a plot lasts for more than two episodes then it can create confusion for a kid who doesn't follow the Anime regularly.

Longtime fan here, now parent of a 4yo son. Love him to death and he's quite smart. We've recently watched Sun and Moon together - but he can't seem to remember what happened two episodes prior to Ultra Necrozma showing up if asked.

He had much more fun watching the first season of OS (on Netflix, which for some reason has deleted the 2nd season (Cinnabar until Indigo League and Orange Islands).

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
She didn't just stop with Bea, she also took Serena's mandatory return cameo from her (she didn't show up last season because they were battling for it. Guess who won?)!

If Serena was mandatory... what happened with Iris? Iris has a special episode, but she didn't return and meet up with Ash in XY. So if anything Iris takes priority there.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

They probably see as the current trend on television: episodic stories as opposed to serialized storytelling. As in: they might think today's technology and all the facilities it gives humans had made kids have smaller attention spams so they wouldn't be invested on ongoing stories.

Maybe the Yokai Watch craze is still lingering on them and they think that's the way to go, despite Pokémon being, on its very core, a story that needs to be serialized. Even when they really tried to go full YW with SM, they still end up having some form of ongoing plot. It's on Pokémon very nature and it's unskipable.

They'd be better just trying to follow the "Jim Shooter logic" and approach each "issue" (episode) in a way any of them can be an entry point IMHO

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I can't understand why a kalos trainer/gym leader will have a galarian variant pokemon this makes no sense at all to me
Now everyone will say she visited galar and caught one this is ridiculous
I think galarian farfetch'd will have its own epiosde just like sobble,riolu
What’s ridiculous about it? Is Ash supposed to be the only one who can go to different regions and catch other Pokémon? That’s like restricting people from experiencing what other countries have to offer because they’re not native to them irl.

Not that I think she’s getting one. I feel like people here expect team changes way too often but I fail to see the logic here.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
They probably see as the current trend on television: episodic stories as opposed to serialized storytelling. As in: they might think today's technology and all the facilities it gives humans had made kids have smaller attention spams so they wouldn't be invested on ongoing stories.

Maybe the Yokai Watch craze is still lingering on them and they think that's the way to go, despite Pokémon being, on its very core, a story that needs to be serialized. Even when they really tried to go full YW with SM, they still end up having some form of ongoing plot. It's on Pokémon very nature and it's unskipable.

They'd be better just trying to follow the "Jim Shooter logic" and approach each "issue" (episode) in a way any of them can be an entry point IMHO
I think it's due to the timeslot, as apparently that's a more family friendly timeslot, so I guess they want to keep it episodic.
My favorite format is the one many western cartoons used the past decade, in that there's clearly an underlying major plot, but the episodes themselves tended to be their own stories

Dzentelmen

Are kids today dumber or do adults just assume that they are? When I was 5 year old none of my friends had trouble following 50 episode arcs of Dragon Ball. Even for Pokemon, when they had stuff like an episode ending with SS Anne sinking you would just get more hyped for the next episode. There wasn't anyone who would start watching from like episode 37 and be confused about what happened before. But I guess there are adult people who will skip like 3 seasons of Jojo and then act like it's the shows fault that they don't understand it, so what do I know?

Rohanator

despite Pokémon being, on its very core, a story that needs to be serialized. Even when they really tried to go full YW with SM, they still end up having some form of ongoing plot. It's on Pokémon very nature and it's unskipable.
The FIRST SEASON of Pokemon was mainly episodic, THAT's its actual nature, and every series has had a ton of one off stories, it's never been a primarily serialized story, but an episodic one with overaching elements, sometimes more, sometimes less. Even this series has those overarching elements like the main character's goals, characters like Gengar taking more than one episode to introduce, Raboot's personality shift, even some subtle long term set up with Eternatus, AND we've already had one episode's plot continued directly in the next one in Galar, you guys are greatly overexaggerating the difference of this series, without that one statement by the producer this probably wouldn't even be a discussion.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Look at it this way, we hardly see much of Galar let alone Galar Pokemon. And there are still other Pokemon they can showcase under Bea from Galar, along with non-Galar Fighting types she owns that Korrina doesn't like Hitmontop and Pangoro. If Korrina has one Galar Pokemon I don't see what the big deal is, I'd have killed to see Dawn rocking a Unovan Pokemon like Misty did with Hoenn Pokemon and May with Glaceon, or see Cilan utilizing a Kalos Pokemon, or Misty getting one of the Water Alolan Pokemon they didn't bother giving to the main cast(Aquaranid specifically, imagine her with a Bug!)

It's nice to see characters using newer Pokemon, we've already seen Hawlucha and quite frankly if one shows up I want it to be Ash's. I'm tired of seeing Pokemon he owns show up under other characters when they could just as easily bring his back and just let the character use something we haven't/rarely seen

If Serena was mandatory... what happened with Iris? Iris has a special episode, but she didn't return and meet up with Ash in XY. So if anything Iris takes priority there.

I don't give a damn about either of those girls but don't forget that Serena got NOTHING! At least Iris had a special

ssquaderi

When do we expect a summary for this episode? Since Voice Cast is out, I'm assuming this episode has been fully developed and will air on time despite the current situation, so where's the summary?

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
When do we expect a summary for this episode? Since Voice Cast is out, I'm assuming this episode has been fully developed and will air on time despite the current situation, so where's the summary?
Voice cast isn't out yet!!

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
This episode is going to be great! And it airs on my birthday, something good to look forward to since we most likely won’t be able to go out & celebrate, a good way to start my morning.

ShadowForce720

The Voice Cast for this episode doesn’t come out until the Saturday of the week before the episode airs. So for instance today we will get the Voice Cast of episode 23 since that is the episode that will air this week.

While we will get Voice Cast for episode 25 on the Saturday before episode 24 airs.

dman_dustin

Voice cast isn't out yet!!

I'm going to (probably wrongly) assume, that what was implied was that the Voice Cast for the episode would take too long for us to get a summary, as that would definitely be May 2nd when we'd get the summary.

So when are we going to get the general basic summary for this episode we often get BEFORE the larger summary with VA list.

Status
Not open for further replies.