• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
ok, now I'm sure whatever the Alola episode will be, it'll also be as big as this one, which I'm really hyped up for.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya Ash pretty much has to use Pikachu here, he's the only one with the power to take on a mega right now. Hopefully if Ash does win, they actually show the swirly eyes this time on Lucario.

Although I hope he uses the other pokemon in the other battles since it seems to be multiple battles.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Not knowing when it’ll air doesn’t mean you can’t be hyped. Being pessimistic about it doesn’t help either. There have been signs of improvement for this pandemic so I don’t know why you’re constantly being so paranoid.
Because all I've seen on the subject are gloom & doom stories and worst case scenarios, but I guess you're right.

Awesome, first Kalos episode. And they even referenced the first time Ash fought Korrina.
Though we still don't know if she is in the PWC
If she is entering World's, I'm kind of hoping she beats Ash this time partly because it'll be a good motivation booster for Riolu & partly because it can set up an epic rematch with her in the future based on the mega evolution successor battle in Pokémon X & Y (Ash's Lucario vs Korrina's Lucario)

If anything, I'm hoping Korrina directly tells Go about Ash's past accomplishments in Kalos. It was nice seeing the OS flashbacks in the Vermilion gym episode, but it was kind of annoying that Go wasn't there to hear any of it.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

She might not at the moment of the Battle Festival, but she certainly could after finding out Ash is participating.
If Korrina is already competing and Ash defeats her I'm hoping he is finally out of the Normal Rank

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Be cool if the winner of this Kalos battle festival was gifted a Mega Ring...... and maybe a couple of stones.....

Which means it won't be Ash. :p

The time for him to get a Mega has sailed. Especially without Gen 6 remakes.

Oh sure, he could use a Mega in the PWT later, but I'm not comfy with that. Not only does that put him at risk of being somewhat OP, there's little point when Mega-Evolution isn't even a thing in the games anymore...

Though wouldn't it be something if he used Mega-Evolution, Z-Moves, and Gigantamax in one series?
Just not sure if it would be a good something...

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Oh sure, he could use a Mega in the PWT later, but I'm not comfy with that. Not only does that put him at risk of being somewhat OP, there's little point when Mega-Evolution isn't even a thing in the games anymore...

Though wouldn't it be something if he used Mega-Evolution, Z-Moves, and Gigantamax in one series?
I actually would rather not see Dynamaxing alot. Its kinda poorly done in the anime compared to the games. Save it for Galar exclusive battles. If its not Galar then Megas (if he even gets them) and Z-moves should be showcased considering this series isnt region fixed.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Where in Kalos? Hopefully not Lumiose City, or people will be bitter without Clemont, Bonnie or Prof. Sycamore...

Korrina and Lucario leveled up? What? Wulfric level? Alain level? E4 level?

I hope Greninja would make a cameo appearance sensing Ash's presence in Kalos... And, hoping for Key Stone and a Mega Stone... Riolu, you better watch out!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

There are non-Galar Pokemon invading Galar.

Ash is catching Pokemon that cannot be obtained in Galar. And all of them are (currently) not even natively from Galar. Oh, and all of them are extremely popular choices without a single dud (like Hawlucha dud) among them.

Goh is catching Pokemon that haven't been included in Pokemon Go.

Both of them are visiting places that are utterly inaccessible in this generation no matter the medium.

It's safe to say this mess, er, saga is giving accessibility one giant middle Pikachu finger.

(I so cannot wait for TPCI to apologize for this after the TW Nessa episode issue...which was only odd but not really damning...unlike how this saga is soooooooooooooooo much more damning than that.)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
(I so cannot wait for TPCI to apologize for this after the TW Nessa episode issue...which was only odd but not really damning...unlike how this saga is soooooooooooooooo much more damning than that.)
1) I thought it was TPC, not TPCI
2) I guess it's because this season isn't being specifically promoted as advertisement for SwSh, while from what I've heard, TW's japanese uploads had SwSh being advertised at the end of the videos, not to mention that they're all about Galar

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

Same thing was said about Riolu/Lucario, and now he's got one.

double irony if Ash does get a keystone and mega stone and his eventual Lucario is potentially the first pokemon of his to mega evolve, since Lucario was technically the first mega that was usable in the gen 6 games.

Some of the side games still use the concept. (let's go, mystery dungeon, and pokemon masters)

I wouldn't consider it op because here's the thing, people have made it clear they do not want Dynamax/Gigantamaxing going down outside the Galar region, since it does take away even more importance to the region, but at the same time it's abit restrictive compared to Z-moves and Mega Evolution which can be done anywhere in the anime, but the current gimmick is clearly restricted to one region more so than the previous too.

I seriously doubt that all of Ash's major battles are going to go down in Galar alone, so why not let him use the other gimmicks outside of Galar's borders?

I think it would be downright awesome to see all three used in one fight.

1) I thought it was TPC, not TPCI
2) I guess it's because this season isn't being specifically promoted as advertisement for SwSh, while from what I've heard, TW's japanese uploads had SwSh being advertised at the end of the videos, not to mention that they're all about Galar

i'll bite, what did the episode do wrong exactly?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Same thing was said about Riolu/Lucario, and now he's got one.

double irony if Ash does get a keystone and mega stone and his eventual Lucario is potentially the first pokemon of his to mega evolve, since Lucario was technically the first mega that was usable in the gen 6 games.

Some of the side games still use the concept. (let's go, mystery dungeon, and pokemon masters)

I wouldn't consider it op because here's the thing, people have made it clear they do not want Dynamax/Gigantamaxing going down outside the Galar region, since it does take away even more importance to the region, but at the same time it's abit restrictive compared to Z-moves and Mega Evolution which can be done anywhere in the anime, but the current gimmick is clearly restricted to one region more so than the previous too.

I seriously doubt that all of Ash's major battles are going to go down in Galar alone, so why not let him use the other gimmicks outside of Galar's borders?

I think it would be downright awesome to see all three used in one fight.

i'll bite, what did the episode do wrong exactly?
There was a dewgong somewhere, even though it's in Galar, and since TW is advertisement for SwSh, TPC apologized on Twitter for including an unobtainable pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.