• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 21st: PM2019 025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Which means it won't be Ash. :p

The time for him to get a Mega has sailed. Especially without Gen 6 remakes.

Oh sure, he could use a Mega in the PWT later, but I'm not comfy with that. Not only does that put him at risk of being somewhat OP, there's little point when Mega-Evolution isn't even a thing in the games anymore...

Though wouldn't it be something if he used Mega-Evolution, Z-Moves, and Gigantamax in one series?
Just not sure if it would be a good something...

The major issue is that Dynamaxxing and Gigantamaxxing can only be done in the Galar region. So there's no reason for it to be main gimmick of this type of anime (world tour) if this took place in Galar I could see your point.

I fully expect Mega Evolution to be reintroduced in hypothetical Diamond and Pearl remakes (come on new Mega Lucario form) and plus it makes more sense than Dynamaxxing which I'm sure will be included but can only be done in one specific post game location.

Master Pikachu 11

Ya Ash pretty much has to use Pikachu here, he's the only one with the power to take on a mega right now. Hopefully if Ash does win, they actually show the swirly eyes this time on Lucario.

Although I hope he uses the other pokemon in the other battles since it seems to be multiple battles.
I had a feeling that he was going too since the trailer came out, as much as I would love Dragonite to be used, I am still sticking with Gengar, Pikachu, and Riolu as the team of three that he will be using in this tournament

Red and Blue

There are non-Galar Pokemon invading Galar.

Ash is catching Pokemon that cannot be obtained in Galar. And all of them are (currently) not even natively from Galar. Oh, and all of them are extremely popular choices without a single dud (like Hawlucha dud) among them.

Goh is catching Pokemon that haven't been included in Pokemon Go.

Both of them are visiting places that are utterly inaccessible in this generation no matter the medium.

It's safe to say this mess, er, saga is giving accessibility one giant middle Pikachu finger.

(I so cannot wait for TPCI to apologize for this after the TW Nessa episode issue...which was only odd but not really damning...unlike how this saga is soooooooooooooooo much more damning than that.)
Gengar and Riolu can be caught in the Galar region. Heck you can even obtain the Kanto Mr. Mime there through trade

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I've been neutral towards Ash getting Mega Evolution but now I actually hope he does get it, just due to the sheer amount of people saying he won't.
He's bound to come across opponents with Megas sooner or later anyways. Imagine if Mega Gengar battles Sabrina's Mega Alakazam, Lucario fighting Surge's Ampharos, or Charizard fighting Cynthia's Garchomp!

Dzentelmen

What would be cool is to have a Mega vs Giga fight and have Giga lose just because it's too stupid big. Like, if Ash used Charizard and had it easily avoid the attacks of the giant Pokemon and attack it from the back.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I had a feeling that he was going too since the trailer came out, as much as I would love Dragonite to be used, I am still sticking with Gengar, Pikachu, and Riolu as the team of three that he will be using in this tournament

I think the only real guaranteed choices tbh would probably be Pikachu and Riolu in this episode. Riolu because Ash will probably want to test him out and Riolu seems battle hungry and Pikachu for obvious reasons.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well, the latest info said Ash is on a winning streak and there's a clip of gengar battling, so I think the ghost still have a chance. But I agree pikachu (obviously) and riolu are a given.

Dunno why dragonite is being ignored after the golurk raid. Maybe they consider it too strong?
I feel they may save Dragonite for the higher ranks as some sort of secret weapon. Basically when he hits that great ball area. Its derpy but has high power.

Sword master zacian

I feel they may save Dragonite for the higher ranks as some sort of secret weapon. Basically when he hits that great ball area. Its derpy but has high power.
I think they will make everyone forget ash has a dragonite and suprisingly in battle with a trainer like sawyer who knows Everything about ash he will use it as goodra and becone his secret weapon

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Plus, they don't seem to know what to DO when Ash gets a Dragon-type...
For the most part, gible was decently treated, considering everything. Goodra was too rushed to my taste, I'll give it to you. Noibat was fine, but I think it should have had more battles before and after evolve. I'm biased about Nagadanel, but it helped, so, eh.

It's too early to talk about dragonite, but I hope it haven't the litten treatment: good character, but just with a handful of battles.

Ya Ash pretty much has to use Pikachu here, he's the only one with the power to take on a mega right now. Hopefully if Ash does win, they actually show the swirly eyes this time on Lucario.
Not gonna happen.
This might be true. His opponents so far weren't strong enough to require Dragonite. Ash wasn't even carrying him during Tauros battle due to the whole rotation thing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dzentelmen said:
What would be cool is to have a Mega vs Giga fight and have Giga lose just because it's too stupid big. Like, if Ash used Charizard and had it easily avoid the attacks of the giant Pokemon and attack it from the back.

Given that Kyodaimax is the newest battle gimmick, I find it hard to believe that the writer would showcase it as inferior to Mega Evolution in this episode.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Except it's weirdly impossible for characters to avoid moves that have massive windup periods in this series for some godforsaken reason

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Except it's weirdly impossible for characters to avoid moves that have massive windup periods in this series for some godforsaken reason
A lot of them were especially ridiculous, like Gogoat not dodging Frogadier's Water Pulse, Mega Gyarados not dodging Pikachu's GVH, or DMax Gyarados not trying to in some way repel Gmax Wildfire's effect

Master Pikachu 11

I think the only real guaranteed choices tbh would probably be Pikachu and Riolu in this episode. Riolu because Ash will probably want to test him out and Riolu seems battle hungry and Pikachu for obvious reasons.
We know that he is using Gengar because of the future episodes trailer so it’s guaranteed to be in the battle against Korrina, the question is will it be similar to her gym battle and have a three v three battle or will they allow a 4 v 4 which in that case will allow Dragonite to be used since the only other option is Pikachu taking a back seat which I don’t see happening.

YelST

Mitsuha Yamano Fan Account
Given that Kyodaimax is the newest battle gimmick, I find it hard to believe that the writer would showcase it as inferior to Mega Evolution in this episode.

Unless you had a Ash/Kiawe v Misty/Brock situation where one Mega gets a Dyna/Gigantimax but the other loses. Of course, however it goes both opposition trainers need to stick to a Max form for consistency and to maintain the narrative that both methods are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.