• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 22nd: SM31 - Enter Lychee! Cry and Laugh, Island Queen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
And on what basis do you claim that Rockruff will most likely be used against Totem Salazzle?

Type advantage?

Didn't stop Ash from using Hawlucha in a Fairy Gym. Or Frogadier in a Grass Gym. Type doesn't matter nearly as much in the anime as it does in the games.

Aside from that, I agree. I don't expect Rockruff to evolve anytime soon (personally expecting around the end of the year), but it's already received more development and battle experience than Noibat has.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Golden_Latias said:
Aside from that, I agree. I don't expect Rockruff to evolve anytime soon (personally expecting around the end of the year), but it's already received more development and battle experience than Noibat has.

While I'm not justifying Noibat's poor development, it's not fair to compare Rockruff with Noibat. Rockruff is a pokemon caught in the beginning, and a candidate for one of the powerhouses while Noibat was the last pokemon caught and was just used to fulfil Goodra's slot. So it's obvious that Rockruff would have more development.

As for its evolution, I don't think it'll be that late. I predict around August, which is around the time I think the grand trial against Olivia will happen.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Look at the context in which Pokegirl Fan~ made that comment. It was during a discussion about Lycanroc being the new Lucario and being overexposed.

Have to say I fully agree with Jeal. Pokegirl Fan~ always seems to hate it Ash's Pokemon evolve fully, become a powerhouse, and gets good development. She also quoted XY in this manner, where Ash had a fully evolved powerful team and showed a lot of progression in battling(which implies that she doesn't like it in general when Ash's Pokemon fully evolve). And Rockruff doesn't have the problem of overexposure if it evolves into Midday Lysanroc, so what's the issue here?

Her bias against Ash is pretty evident xD

I certainly hope that Ash's Rockruff evolves.

Or maybe she doesn't want Rockruff to evolve because she prefers Rockruff over Lycanroc?

Preferring an unevolved Pokemon over an evolved Pokemon. Gee, what a crime.:rolleyes:

Except that's not the case at all. The truth is-

Well tbh, even if the post was about Lycanroc being overexposed as a reason to not evolve Rockruff, (which is untrue for Midday), Pokegirl fan has continuously stated before that she doesn't want to see Ash's pokemon evolve at all as she feels it was a bad habit of XY.

This.

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Don't discuss other users or their way of thinking here. Restrict yourself to talking about the content of someone's posts (or voice your own opinion), but don't try to analyze or judge the person behind a post. This is an anime forum, not a psychology institute.

And on the topic of Rockruff, so far there's no indication whatsoever that Rockruff will evolve here. Unless and until there are clear hints in an episode summary or pictures of a magazine page, captures, evolutions and releases may only be discussed in the Pokémon Speculation thread.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We don't even know what Lycanroc form Olivia is using. She might use the Midday form for all we know.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I want to see her be overly emotional reading a love story. Maybe who knows, peehaps Tapu Lele could show up in the shadows spying on Ash.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
SM13, the pancake race episode. It was near the beginning of the episode, when Ash and Kukui were shopping.

Wasn't Kukui talking about Rockruff there, not Ash? Ash has a reason to be at Kukui's place whereas Rockruff probably just stayed there for the easy access to food.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Wasn't Kukui talking about Rockruff there, not Ash? Ash has a reason to be at Kukui's place whereas Rockruff probably just stayed there for the easy access to food.

Nope pretty sure he was talking about Ash. When they finished shopping, Ash asked Kukui why did they buy so much, and Kukui then says it's because he has to feed a freeloader, and he replies huh. That shows the freeloader comment was directed towards Ash.

ashsfuture

Actually in SM episode 15 when Ash found out that rockruff wasn't kukui's pokemon Kukui reveals that rockruff was the freeloader that he mentions to Ash back in episode 13 even the rest of group found out from Ash that rockruff was the free loader.

Aside from that rockruff has already shown signs that it's about to evolve due to it's change in behavior of becoming more aggressive and since it's also stated that before it evolves rockruff will eventually leave and evolve without it's trainer knowing that it evolved until it returns, so the one way I can see the writers handling rockruff's evolution is rockruff goes off on it's own starts evolving then cuts away to Ash heading out to find rockruff and then a lycanroc appears in front of him, but which form will it be? since the evolution is based on what time of day, but primarily which time of the day did rockruff receive the most training?

Everything12

I personally have no doubt it will become Midday after Gladion was shown to have Midnight as his ace and he is Ash's rival, which means Midnight will appear frequently so unless they do what they did to Paul's Torterra, which I do think will happen eventually with Type-Null but not before Rockruff evolves and battles them again, and a rivalry between Ash's Midday and Gladion's Midnight seems to good for them to miss out on.

I also doubt they will change Olivia's ace to a Midday when its Midnight in game when they could easily give Ash Midday, and of course Midday is the one with the exclusive move Accelerock.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Actually in SM episode 15 when Ash found out that rockruff wasn't kukui's pokemon Kukui reveals that rockruff was the freeloader that he mentions to Ash back in episode 13 even the rest of group found out from Ash that rockruff was the free loader.

Aside from that rockruff has already shown signs that it's about to evolve due to it's change in behavior of becoming more aggressive and since it's also stated that before it evolves rockruff will eventually leave and evolve without it's trainer knowing that it evolved until it returns, so the one way I can see the writers handling rockruff's evolution is rockruff goes off on it's own starts evolving then cuts away to Ash heading out to find rockruff and then a lycanroc appears in front of him, but which form will it be? since the evolution is based on what time of day, but primarily which time of the day did rockruff receive the most training?

omg rockruff should run away when they go to Akala island, thus Ash wouldn't be able to leave until he found his precious rocruff! Extended Akala trip anyone?

It'd be a cute too if Tapu Lele was the one who found rockruff and brought it to Ash.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

There was that scene in SM15, but I was talking about the scene in the beginning of SM13, when Kukui and Ash are out shopping. Ash asks if they really need so much food, and Kukui says that he has a very hungry freeloader to feed.

I also doubt they will change Olivia's ace to a Midday when its Midnight in game when they could easily give Ash Midday, and of course Midday is the one with the exclusive move Accelerock.
I also doubt the writers will change Olivia's ace from Midnight to Midday Lycanroc. Just because Gladion has a Midnight Lycanroc doesn't mean Olivia won't have one, as well. After all, as others have pointed out, after Olivia's Grand Trial, we may never see her or her Midnight Lycanroc again, so it's not as though we'll be getting an oversaturation of Midnight Lycanroc.

Which form of Lycanroc Rockruff will evolve into is not related to the topic of this thread (since there's no indication Rockruff is evolving in this episode), but I also have a feeling Ash's Rockruff will evolve into Midday Lycanroc.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
We don't even know what Lycanroc form Olivia is using. She might use the Midday form for all we know.

She might use the Midday form which is what I'm going to assume for now, but regardless of which Lycanroc she ends up utilizing, I'm just tired of Lycanrocs as a whole, although granted at least Olivia has a valid reason to showcase one. :]

p96822

Evolve me please
People are saying Lynarock is a overrated Pokemon because two major character have. At least Lucario or Charizard have a good reason of being really Popular

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Problem is Lycanroc isn't constantly shoved down our throats like the other two you mentioned. At least it's happening in its own generation, not across...all of them.

Give it time, it's only had one generation so far.

Janovy

Banned
Then may Ash's Greninja magically teleport to Alola and overshadow the rest of his team!
TBH, there's no reason to use the term 'magically teleport' when there are Pokemon that can actually teleport from one place to another. :D And one of them can easily help Greninja reach Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.