• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 22nd: SM31 - Enter Lychee! Cry and Laugh, Island Queen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
TBH, there's no reason to use the term 'magically teleport' when there are Pokemon that can actually teleport from one place to another. :D And one of them can easily help Greninja reach Alola.

Professor Sycamore sends Greninja to Oak's lab via the Pokeball transport system(Oak has Greninja's Pokeball). Then Oak sends Greninja to Ash. Simple!

EDIT: Greninja knows Sycamore very well, it was originally a Froakie at Sycamore's Lab.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
People are saying Lynarock is a overrated Pokemon because two major character have. At least Lucario or Charizard have a good reason of being really Popular

besides the fact that most players seemed to use rockruff/lycanroc on in their first run through of SM, I don't think they could rightfully be called 'overrated' without more exposure.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Professor Sycamore sends Greninja to Oak's lab via the Pokeball transport system(Oak has Greninja's Pokeball). Then Oak sends Greninja to Ash. Simple!

EDIT: Greninja knows Sycamore very well, it was originally a Froakie at Sycamore's Lab.

unless this happens for a post-league arc that doesn't have much bar on SM, they might as well just reset Ash and we won't have to see the made up frog again :D Woo lets please stick to real, non-made up on the spot pokemon for the anime please!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
unless this happens for a post-league arc that doesn't have much bar on SM, they might as well just reset Ash and we won't have to see the made up frog again :D Woo lets please stick to real, non-made up on the spot pokemon for the anime please!

Nonsense, we must make Mao-Amamaiko a thing.

So putting aside the fact we're finally meeting Olivia, any ideas on what the class could be about? Maybe it's just exploring new Pokemon not native to Akala (or Kukui wants everyone to complete a trial or some sort since the Island Challenge is meant to be a rite of passage).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Nonsense, we must make Mao-Amamaiko a thing.

So putting aside the fact we're finally meeting Olivia, any ideas on what the class could be about? Maybe it's just exploring new Pokemon not native to Akala (or Kukui wants everyone to complete a trial or some sort since the Island Challenge is meant to be a rite of passage).

Probably this could be a study trip kind of thing, where the whole class is in Akala for a period of time to study and find new things. And in this period of time, Ash completes the trials and grand trial.

Haunter ゴースト

As much as i'm getting annoyed at the overexposure of Midnight Lycanroc (just like Lucario and Megazard X), she owns it in-game so it makes sense to see it here.

Looking forward to the episode, but I do wonder how long it'll be before Ash fights her. Can't see it being in the same episode but I could be wrong.

desdar300

In fairness Olivia and to a lesser extent Kukui are the only characters that are supposed to have a Lycanroc on their teams.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Lychee, "Cry and Laugh" so excited for her debut. Definitely my favorite Kahuna, hoping she shares some nice moments with Mao and Amamaiko like ingame. I hope she's super enthusiastic and just overall a nice sort of passionate and emotional character. Would love to see her crying over a love story or Shojo manga like ingame. Not really tripping over Midnight, she has it ingame and it's not like Gladion's had a ton of battle time. I expect this one to be far more emotive versus his more laid back on. A nice spanning arc. beginning with Lychee is what I've been most excited for and I'm super optimistic. She'll definitely get a nice share of screen time like ingame.

dman_dustin

Ignoring Type Null, I think we must agree that if Gladion was going to get a 7th generation Pokemon, I think we have to agree it had to be Midnight Lycanroc. Its unfortunate the writers of the anime felt compelled to give Gladion a midnight Lycanroc because either Type:Null is a no-no (at the moment) or by sheer lack of variety that the games have been producing since 6th generation, 7th generation being slightly worse (being only made up by Alolan forms as well as legendary Pokemon).

So I feel like that's why Gladion is excused, as I said when Gladion was introduced, I hate that Gladion has a Lycanroc but did say it does make sense, as by design its the only thing that would suit Gladion (that's not named Type: Null)

Cross the movie exclusive character with Midnight Lycanroc or Lycanroc anything I call bullcrap on though. Sure Midnight Form does complement Incineroar if they were going with a theme, but honestly it only shows they are shoving 7th generation Pokemon just to some how justify retelling the story of how Ash got Pikachu, instead of a movie actually taking place in Alola, just as a 20th anniversary for the anime. In which case maybe it would've been better if Cross had a different 7th generation Pokemon than Midnight form.

Haunter ゴースト

because either Type:Null is a no-no (at the moment) or by sheer lack of variety that the games have been producing since 6th generation, 7th generation being slightly worse (being only made up by Alolan forms as well as legendary Pokemon).

I'm inclined to say the latter, however why Gladion couldn't of had Type:Null now to spice up the current lacking plot of Sun and Moon is beyond me really. It's not like Type:Null is overpowered or anything.

Still though, like you I also don't mind Gladion owning one, mainly because Midnight Lycanroc is just dope regardless.[/QUOTE]

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm inclined to say the latter, however why Gladion couldn't of had Type:Null now to spice up the current lacking plot of Sun and Moon is beyond me really. It's not like Type:Null is overpowered or anything.

If Lillie didn't have Nebby, the Pokemon that Aether wanted because of its ability to open up Ultra Wormholes and summon Ultra Beasts, then it stands to reason that Type: Null, the Pokemon specifically designed to be a "Beast Killer", wouldn't be here either.

Gladion and Lillie's roles in the games are heavily tied to each other, so if one is drastically changed, then the other will change as well.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
People are saying Lynarock is a overrated Pokemon because two major character have. At least Lucario or Charizard have a good reason of being really Popular

I don't think Lycanroc is overrated per se, just that it might have been more prudent if the SM writing staff had planned things differently by not showcasing Lycanroc so early in the saga twice before this for instance and had Lycanroc debut here instead.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
More like Ash is laughing that he's finally out of Melemele and can do trials in Akala, but crying because he realises that he has to go back to Melemele since he 'lives' there.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
More like Ash is laughing that he's finally out of Melemele and can do trials in Akala, but crying because he realises that he has to go back to Melemele since he 'lives' there.

are we talking about ash or the fanbase? also aren't they still on akala the next episode?

Spyro39

At the end of the episode, as he's laughing because he's happy to finally start competing in Trials and explore other islands, Ash realizes he still has to go to school or else he won't graduate like ever before. Poor Ash. It's okay to cry that you can't travel around Alola at your own leisure or else you will flunk out of school. XD

are we talking about ash or the fanbase? also aren't they still on akala the next episode?

It's a joke. It's really the fanbase that's probably going to laugh when they revel in the thought that Ash is finally going to travel around Alola but cry when they realize that he is still in school and has to go back to Melemele sometime in the future. :)

MasterTobias

I am sure Ash is glad to leave the island that has imprisoned him for so long as well.

I think they did...something to Olivia's character.
You may into something but please don't go so in depth,if you end up being right you may spoil us.
Your assumptions are very enlightening after all.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Still though, like you I also don't mind Gladion owning one, mainly because Midnight Lycanroc is just dope regardless.

If Lillie didn't have Nebby, the Pokemon that Aether wanted because of its ability to open up Ultra Wormholes and summon Ultra Beasts, then it stands to reason that Type: Null, the Pokemon specifically designed to be a "Beast Killer", wouldn't be here either
Either that, or the anime writers are having Gladion keep Type: Null a secret and stay inside of its pokéball most of the time. If this is the case, then it's partly because Type: Null & Gladion may not get along with each other yet, partly because Gladion doesn't want the Aether Foundation to find them, & partly to build hype for when Type: Null does finally debut

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary:

Satoshi has ended up having to go to Akala Island for class. He goes there together with Akala island's Island Queen Lychee, who's accompanied by her Lugarugan, but on the way they run into trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.