• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 25th: PM2019 072 - Shuffle Panic in the Underground Labyrinth?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Shuffle panic? Something like the DP episode? Kinda sounds like a filler, but I arent sure

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Project Mew is not the Ultra Guardians, for the last time:

1. It has stakes and personal drama
2. The legendaries will not be sent through a portal, large chance many get captured
3. This is a minimum 4 part arc because we've already done a 4 parter and that was for a plotline much less essential to the story
Literally no one said that it's exactly 1:1 like the Ultra Guardians, more so that it'll be the same in 'mission' setups every now and then.

And bold claims to make with those pointers. Is there any factual on-screen evidence for this outside of sheer optimism and high expectations?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The episode before it is a project mew one, so maybe it’s connected? Like going to a dynamax adventure if they were at CT?

.......nah. They would probably tittle it that. Plus journeys wouldn‘t do a two parter.
Except Journeys has done two parter multiple times.....and for their last arc they gave 4 episodes. This is much more hyped up to be an arc then darkest day was.
Honestly when saying "Labryinth" it really reminds me of the Regi caves and puzzles and would make sense as a continuation of Project Mew. But the "shuffle panic" in the title does sound fillery. Maybe this episode is about shenanigans they face in the caves until they finally face the Regis, like with Mewtwo and Cello island?
REALLY would be a missed opportunity if they don't continue the project mew arc consecutively. Like I can see where it might break off in between since it's hinted by the trailer Goh may get disqualified by Tsurugi, but being disqualified in the first episode itself and then going back to that plotline later? That would be unpleasant to say the least

Rune Knight

I could see Goh eventually throwing a fuss over wanting to catch Mew for himself. After all they can't all have it. Perhaps this could lead to him being kicked out.

It also kind of sounds a little too dark for a kid's show but I'm interested to see how the writers would handle this.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I could see Goh eventually throwing a fuss over wanting to catch Mew for himself. After all they can't all have it. Perhaps this could lead to him being kicked out.

It also kind of sounds a little too dark for a kid's show but I'm interested to see how the writers would handle this.
I think it's more like Tsurugi is pissed he had to save him from Regice and the snowstorm

Rune Knight

I think it's more like Tsurugi is pissed he had to save him from Regice and the snowstorm

That's true. But it could also be an accumulative product of Goh thinking as an individual that leads them to getting caught in the snowstorm. Like maybe he decides to chase after Regice on his own and ends up jeopardizing the team.

I forgot to mention that this could end with Goh simply wanting to catch Mew and not actually keep it. Like he did with Eternatus.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Except Journeys has done two parter multiple times.....and for their last arc they gave 4 episodes. This is much more hyped up to be an arc then darkest day was.
Honestly when saying "Labryinth" it really reminds me of the Regi caves and puzzles and would make sense as a continuation of Project Mew. But the "shuffle panic" in the title does sound fillery. Maybe this episode is about shenanigans they face in the caves until they finally face the Regis, like with Mewtwo and Cello island?
REALLY would be a missed opportunity if they don't continue the project mew arc consecutively. Like I can see where it might break off in between since it's hinted by the trailer Goh may get disqualified by Tsurugi, but being disqualified in the first episode itself and then going back to that plotline later? That would be unpleasant to say the least
Well i was half joking.

When has journeys done two parters? Not counting darkest day which was obligatory game plot, the closest thing i consider as a two parter was leon vs lance leading to ash‘s goal of the pwc.

I wouldn‘t be suprised if they do get failed and the plot not beinh picked up again until later on. The bea plotline was pretty much done the same.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well i was half joking.

When has journeys done two parters? Not counting darkest day which was obligatory game plot, the closest thing i consider as a two parter was leon vs lance leading to ash‘s goal of the pwc.

I wouldn‘t be suprised if they do get failed and the plot not beinh picked up again until later on. The bea plotline was pretty much done the same.
Leon Vs Lance and Ash Vs Leon yes
Leon Vs Raihan, Ash and Farfetch'd and Goh and sobble
Ep4&5 where we first meet Scorbunny and Gigantamax Snorlax. The eating contest and Lucario cinderace episode surprisingly. The Morpeko set up with next week's episode.
The jealousy episodes were intentionally setup consecutively
And while it may not be two parter they do have episodes set up the other and carry over, just not consecutively like Ash Vs Bea, Flygon and then Ash Vs Bea part 2. Or Scorbunny and Sobble's arc, Goh's character episodes, Farfetch'd arc, etc

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281

Eh, I don't see why that would be dark. If anything they've already done a far darker 'down' moment with Ash being annihilated by Paul at Acuity (that also didn't seem forced and internally resolved, *coughs* 36 *coughs*).

Besides, it's about time Goh has a major setback, he's had it far too easy and he needs to be kicked down a serious notch.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Apparently there's an anime only location called the Trapinch Underground Labyrinth in Hoenn so maybe it's another call back??

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Ep4&5 where we first meet Scorbunny and Gigantamax Snorlax. The eating contest and Lucario cinderace episode surprisingly. The Morpeko set up with next week's episode.
And while it may not be two parter they do have episodes set up the other and carry over, just not consecutively like Ash Vs Bea, Flygon and then Ash Vs Bea part 2. Or Scorbunny and Sobble's arc, Goh's character episodes, Farfetch'd arc, etc
Yeah no. Two very self contained episodes where the plot does not carry over and have little to do with each other are not what i consider a ‘two parter’. Neither are spread out episodes of an ‘arc’.

When i say two parter i mean episodes where the whole plot continues on like the darkest day, or like the literal two parter gym battles or league fights in previous series. Not just when there’s some small tenuous connection.

Leon vs lance and the episode after is the only one i would consider.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah no. Two very self contained episodes where the plot does not carry over and have little to do with each other are not what i consider a ‘two parter’. Neither are spread out episodes of an ‘arc’.

When i say two parter i mean episodes where the whole plot continues on like the darkest day, or like the literal two parter gym battles or league fights in previous series. Not just when there’s some small tenuous connection.
Well then you still have the Galar 2 parters before Darkest Day

Decidueye23

Well then you still have the Galar 2 parters before Darkest Day
Most of the galar ones are two episodes set in galar. The two parters really just the first ash vs leon one and the scorbunny one. That one was also not an exact two parter...

You yourself have said in the episode discussion thread that the morepeko one was not a two parter... the eating contest and the lucario one are not two parters lol. Judt liek the morepeko one. I would say two parters are ones like deoxys one during BF or the Roxie gym battle. Oens that lead into the other.
I guess this could be a project mew episode though. Seems weird if they've goen all the way to some snowy area, Costume and all return in one episode. Could be the Dyna adventures.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I already put aside all 4 of the darkest day episode when i said that before?
I meant the Scorbunny Snorlax two parter which directly leads into the next episode and is a continuation of it. Same is the Lance Leon episode
I can see an argument being made for Leon Raihan and sobble not being an actual 2 parter but those episodes Definitely are

Status
Not open for further replies.