• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 25th: PM2019 072 - Shuffle Panic in the Underground Labyrinth?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Boy, do I hate how they portrayed Clay as this annoying immigrant who liked to boss strangers to do his errands. Not to mention what said errands actually boil down to (it starts with "w").
Driftveil has access to the regi caves in BW2, so maybe they've gone to learn more about the regis for Project Mew?
Something like this should have been brought up in the summary, though.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Its a joke. Giovanni said at the beginning of Best Wishes that The TRio cannot bring their DP Mons with them to Unova since they are Non-Unovian and rare there, they would attract too much attention especially to a Certain Organization & the Police but still he allowed a ****ing Talking Meowth to go with them and here Wobbuffett is joining them. It just shows how messed up BW was.
Oh its super dumb lol

colomb

Its a joke. Giovanni said at the beginning of Best Wishes that The TRio cannot bring their DP Mons with them to Unova since they are Non-Unovian and rare there, they would attract too much attention especially to a Certain Organization & the Police but still he allowed a ****ing Talking Meowth to go with them and here Wobbuffett is joining them. It just shows how messed up BW was.
That has nothing to do with BW in particular being messed up. The show has always had long term inconsistencies and what little story it has is just made up as they go along. They were trying to stay consistent with the games on the shelves at the time, didn't have any future games or series in mind.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
That has nothing to do with BW in particular being messed up. The show has always had long term inconsistencies and what little story it has is just made up as they go along. They were trying to stay consistent with the games on the shelves at the time, didn't have any future games or series in mind.
I mean, the fact that he told them not to attract attention and made them take a Talking Meowth with them itself is dumb and contradictory.

colomb

I mean, the fact that he told them not to attract attention and made them take a Talking Meowth with them itself is dumb and contradictory.
Yes it was, they just wanted an excuse to get rid of all the old captures at once. I guess you could say at the time 1 non-native Pokemon wouldn't attract as much attention as 4 or 5.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Yes it was, they just wanted an excuse to get rid of all the old captures at once. I guess you could say at the time 1 non-native Pokemon wouldn't attract as much attention as 4 or 5.
Yea.

I don't mind what Unova did with TR. I thought it was a nice change of pace with them being serious. Though to be fair, I would have gotten bored if their "serious" personalities lasted for more than 2 years. Seiyuus are much more important. If they feel the Characters aren't suited to them, then their opinion should be treated as a first priority as it was with them. I remember them even whining indirectly about their Characters on that radio show, the show's Sound Director Masafumi Mima conceptualized as a place for them to show off their comedic personalities while being serious in the show. What TR really needs is linear development just like Ash. But no, they have been treated as pancakes every series after DP.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Arceus that was stupid.
Not to mention the fact that BW 2 literally brought Seviper into the wild yet we were denied his return! -_-

Seviper should have came back, he was cool and the best of Jessie's Pokemon before Mimikyu came along

STICKTOPIA

Ugh TR, gross. Hopefully the others means Chloe is at least going too.
They’re really trying to force TR to play a role when it’s clear that they’re running out of ideas for them.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
They’re really trying to force TR to play a role when it’s clear that they’re running out of ideas for them.

Running out? Hell, they RAN out of ideas for them LONG ago.

It really doesn't help that the poor guys are shackled by an archaic, nigh-obsolete archetype barely anyone uses anymore :(

Seriously, do many people even use the "Bumbling Bad Guys" character type in anime these days??? Because it seems to me there just aren't as many of them as there used to be. I'd at least think they're being used in other kids' anime that aren't very well known or popular outside of Japan, but sometimes it feels like Pokemon is the only anime still using them now... :confused:
(PS, I don't think Pilaf-tachii in DBS count. They are no longer villains. Also, they suck now)

And I wouldn't say they're forcing TR to play a role when we're going long stretches without seeing them. More like the old schtick of them saving fillers from being unwatchably dull, as always.

Running out? Hell, they RAN out of ideas for them LONG ago.

It really doesn't help that the poor guys are shackled by an archaic, nigh-obsolete archetype barely anyone uses anymore :(

Seriously, do many people even use the "Bumbling Bad Guys" character type in anime these days??? Because it seems to me there just aren't as many of them as there used to be. I'd at least think they're being used in other kids' anime that aren't very well known or popular outside of Japan, but sometimes it feels like Pokemon is the only anime still using them now... :confused:
(PS, I don't think Pilaf-tachii in DBS count. They are no longer villains. Also, they suck now)

And I wouldn't say they're forcing TR to play a role when we're going long stretches without seeing them. More like the old schtick of them saving fillers from being unwatchably dull, as always.
SM TRio was great and this is coming from someone who hates SM. Bewear is god.

Status
Not open for further replies.