• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 28th: PM2019 026 - Splash, Koiking! / Crown Yourself, Yadoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew29240

I'm confused by the preview. How did Goh's Magikarp get so fat? And by the way, is that his Giant Magikarp or his Regular Size Magikarp?

My guess is that either it doesn't jump as much/high as it used to (leading it to become fat) because the Sakuragi Institute isn't the best place for it (I'd imagine Goh/Professor Cerise asked it not to jump as much/high to prevent having to pay for repairs to the dome each time).

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
I'm genuinely excited for this episode. PM2019 has been very conservative and sterile coming from SM, so I've been waiting for a wacky episode like this for a while now. Fujisaku's fillers haven't disappointed me and I hope this is no exception.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Quite likely. Remember the reference to Hyper Training in the Pokenchi summary:
Pretty sure Super and Hyper training are two different concepts, or are they the same in japanese?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pretty sure Super and Hyper training are two different concepts, or are they the same in japanese?

They're different, yeah. Super Training was Super Training in Japanese too, while Hyper Training was "Sugoi tokkun" (Japanese for super/hyper training). I just didn't see the word "Kalos" in nickdt's post (and there's no such thing as "Kalos Hyper Training" anyway).

By the way:

Pokenchi just showed some clips from the episode in its preview for next week. Kasuking really resembles the actual Kasuga, I love it.

He also has an alternate-colored Koiking.

Anywhere we can watch this?

The Pokenchi previews get uploaded to the official Japanese Pokemon and TV Tokyo Youtube channels on Tuesdays or so, so yeah, just wait a couple days.

Most of the clips from the Pokenchi preview were not in the episode preview.

Here's the Pokenchi preview in question:

As mentioned, it has a number of new clips from this anime episode in it.

johno1995

I'm genuinely excited for this episode. PM2019 has been very conservative and sterile coming from SM, so I've been waiting for a wacky episode like this for a while now. Fujisaku's fillers haven't disappointed me and I hope this is no exception.

I totally agree. I think Pokemon is at its best when it's not taking everything seriously and fillers that are fun and offer some randomness allow some time for some good character moments and interactions, too. I'm also excited for this episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Egakor said:
New production sketch from the official Twitter.

EbGfhffVcAEcsJS

I don't have a problem with the gag itself or any interesting moments that'll arise from him wearing it, but rather I don't like that the shell is so huge. Something about the size discrepancy or perhaps just the angle really grinds my gears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.