• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 28th: SM80 - A Sand's Storm! An Ice Hole Double Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

I'm open to the idea so long as it's written plausibly. The girls battles have a habit of being farcically written in recent seasons, either being curb stomps or cut off before anything noteworthy happens, like the writers don't like making things too heated for them. Lillie winning but struggling and pulling off impressive stunts for it would work.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
If I had to guess, the episode’s going to end with one of the following outcomes:
  1. Lillie doesn’t catch Sandshrew & uses the Ice Stone to evolve Snowy
  2. Lillie catches Sandshrew & evolves it with the Ice Stone, leading Sandslash to become Lillie’s main battler & pokémon butler (with Sandslash being the Pokémon equivalent to Darach)
  3. Lillie doesn’t catch Sandshrew & uses the Ice Stone to evolve Snowy in a future episode
  4. Lillie catches Sandshrew & evolves it with the Ice Stone in a future episode

There is one more option,
  • Lillie doesn’t catch A.Sandshrew & uses the Ice Stone to evolve it to A.Sandslash so that it can defeat that Tyranitar and become the leader of group of A.Sandshrew.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
  • Lillie doesn’t catch A.Sandshrew & uses the Ice Stone to evolve it to A.Sandslash so that it can defeat that Tyranitar and become the leader of group of A.Sandshrew.

Yeah, unfortunately, I can see this happening easily.

Remix2

Yeah don't expect much in that regard.

If they can cop out on Ash and Pikashunium-Z without explanation they'll most certainly cop out with the cinnamon roll too pure for this world.

I do hope they bring Lillie's smarts into this...I just don't see it happening.

I can see it right now, Lille performs the ice z move without a z crystal and one shot tyranitar and it won’t be explain or mention after the episode.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I can see it right now, Lille performs the ice z move without a z crystal and one shot the tyranitar and it won’t be explain or mention after the episode.

Except for the fact that she has to have the Icium-Z along with a Z-ring/Z-Power Ring to perform the Ice Z move, and no matter how you try to argue it it's not like Ash and Pikachu performed Ash-Pikachu signature Z-move without the respective Z-crystal, when it came to that Z-move the Electrium-Z transformed into Pikashunium-Z, so I don't know where your getting this idea that Lillie will use the Ice Z-move without the Z-crystal, when the only pokemon that they really allow to do that are in the case of Mythical and some legendary pokemon but even in the case of Solgaleo it still needed it's Z-crystal to perform is signature Z-move.

So it's extremely unlikely that Lillie would be able to perform the Ice Z-move without a Z-crystal and a Z-ring/Z-Power Ring.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I still hope Lillie catches Alolan Sandslash.. But yeah, I can see this happening. :(

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

Yeah, unfortunately, I can see this happening easily.

I think we have two more options,

• Lillie catch A.Sandshrew & uses the Ice Stone to evolve both it and Snowy so they can defeat that Tyranitar .
  • Lillie doesn’t catch A.Sandshrew & uses the Ice Stone to evolve both it and Snowy so they it can defeat that Tyranitar and A.Sandslash become the leader of group of A.Sandshrew.

Except for the fact that she has to have the Icium-Z along with a Z-ring/Z-Power Ring to perform the Ice Z move, and no matter how you try to argue it it's not like Ash and Pikachu performed Ash-Pikachu signature Z-move without the respective Z-crystal, when it came to that Z-move the Electrium-Z transformed into Pikashunium-Z, so I don't know where your getting this idea that Lillie will use the Ice Z-move without the Z-crystal, when the only pokemon that they really allow to do that are in the case of Mythical and some legendary pokemon but even in the case of Solgaleo it still needed it's Z-crystal to perform is signature Z-move.

So it's extremely unlikely that Lillie would be able to perform the Ice Z-move without a Z-crystal and a Z-ring/Z-Power Ring.

On subject of the Icium-Z while Lillie's group is busy with the A. Sandshrew plot I wonder if one the current Z-move users finds the Icium-Z instead of Lillie.

Zariful

Still Aurora Veil can help protect them from further harm. But in some way it is protecting the Alolan Sandshrew, Lillie and Snowy by trying to defeat the Tyranitar.

You see what I mean is it will stay to protect them in case the Tyranitar returns

DatsRight

Well Sophocles was holding the Ice Stone. Maybe he will give it to another Sandshrew so it smash through the blockade and reach Lillie.

The Ice Stone ending up used as a plot point later on would be interesting however, since Lillie seemed to object to evolving the family's Clefairy the same way.

On subject of the Icium-Z while Lillie's group is busy with the A. Sandshrew plot I wonder if one the current Z-move users finds the Icium-Z instead of Lillie.

I get the feeling Ash and Kiawe are just comic relief this episode, though it would be interesting seeing them come into possession of one, since they likely have rather opposing treatment of it. I get the feeling Ash would just shrug that if Lillie can use it better he may as well give it to her, while Kiawe treats the ownership of the Z Crystals MUCH more gingerly.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So like Lillie episodes is kind of like a spoil child getting what she wants.

...What?

I felt like Lillie never works towards anything that she does.

...Again, what? She literally worked hard in each of her focus episodes in order to slowly regain the ability to touch Pokemon without fear.

It took literally 50 episodes just to get over that. So don't make baseless claims, please.

And before anyone said, but P96822 Lillie can't throw a Pokeball right. Will Lillie throw it right the first time when she was trying to catch the Ultra beast, so why with the second secrew up

The Poke Balls were deflected. Regardless if she threw it right or not, it still wouldn't have worked.

Also, that was literally nothing more than a gag, onethat was first brought up when she caught Snowy. Don't compare it to the actual serious elements.

The Ice Stone ending up used as a plot point later on would be interesting however, since Lillie seemed to object to evolving the family's Clefairy the same way.

Wasn't that because Lillie found Clefairy cuter? She doesn't seem to have a problem with Ninetales, so I don't see why she'd hate the idea now.

Also, she was a little girl at the time. Surely she's matured a bit since then.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You see what I mean is it will stay to protect them in case the Tyranitar returns
Never thought in some point the Tyranitar will leave. I guess it will be a standard battle with Tyranitar and when Sandshrew is struggling to defeat Tyranitar, Lillie uses her 'amazing' throwing skills to throw an Ice Stone to Sandshrew to evolve it into Sandslash.

p96822

Evolve me please
What I mean of Lillie not doing any hard work is that she doesn't get rid of her fear by herself. She is given the ability to touch Pokemon because she remember what happen those years ago. That felt like a really cheap way of her able to touch Pokemon again. Plus she throw that first Pokeball perfectly even if it was defected. Vulpix still helped her make the bullseye than her hitting it herself

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
What I mean of Lillie not doing any hard work is that she doesn't get rid of her fear by herself. She is given the ability to touch Pokemon because she remember what happen those years ago. That felt like a really cheap way of her able to touch Pokemon again. Plus she throw that first Pokeball perfectly even if it was defected. Vulpix still helped her make the bullseye than her hitting it herself
Except that Lillie did overcome her fear by herself. Her fear was rooted in deep psychological trauma brought about by being kidnapped by Nihilego and then (in her eyes) being attacked by Silvally. Once she remembered what really happened—that Silvally was trying to save her—she was able to overcome some of that psychological trauma. It was not a cheap way of letting her be able to touch Pokémon again.

DatsRight

It was done too rapidly, especially due to her episode long regression, but it worked okay I suppose. She got that far by at least using Nebby to try and find the root of her phobia for the first time in her life, so there was SOME proactivity even if in convenient circumstances.

Like with the twerps so very often, plot armour was apparent, but that's so overwhelming a part of the anime I struggle to find Lillie significant in use of it, besides her lack of strength sometimes making her a damsel in distress. Compared to some other twerps she has had a palpable number of times she DIDN'T get a DEM and was forced to develop on her ability sometimes (namely being the smart girl of the team).

I think an issue may be that, if you take out her games background, Lillie's trials are actually kinda mundane, less about Pokemon or professions and more just general self esteem (stuff like her crossing the Poni Canyon bridge doesn't look impressive without the undertone she is a realistic sheltered little girl, not an action hero like the player character or Ash). I feel like the anime knew that and so added the phobia to compensate for dumbing down her family backstory.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Except that Lillie did overcome her fear by herself. Her fear was rooted in deep psychological trauma brought about by being kidnapped by Nihilego and then (in her eyes) being attacked by Silvally. Once she remembered what really happened—that Silvally was trying to save her—she was able to overcome some of that psychological trauma. It was not a cheap way of letting her be able to touch Pokémon again.

Really I still find it kind of cheap because it like "Oh I just misremember what happen that day. Yay I can touch Pokemon again!' Really if she did something similar of how she touch Pikachu and Snowy then it will feel like she earn it. It like Misty fear and hated of Gyarados I rather have something like that then it being a Psylocial moment

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Really I still find it kind of cheap because it like "Oh I just misremember what happen that day. Yay I can touch Pokemon again!' Really if she did something similar of how she touch Pikachu and Snowy then it will feel like she earn it. It like Misty fear and hated of Gyarados I rather have something like that then it being a Psylocial moment
She didn't incorrectly remember what happened. Her perception of what happened is what caused her trauma. There's a huge difference. That's not unrealistic, and I applaud the writers for actually attempting to tackle the subject of psychological trauma.

p96822

Evolve me please
She didn't incorrectly remember what happened. Her perception of what happened is what caused her trauma. There's a huge difference. That's not unrealistic, and I applaud the writers for actually attempting to tackle the subject of psychological trauma.

That still said that she didn’t remember what happened correctly. Plus she did do anything in that episodes

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
That still said that she didn’t remember what happened correctly. Plus she did do anything in that episodes
The point isn't whether or not she correctly remembered the events. What matters is her perception of the events, as it's her perception of the events that formed the basis for her trauma.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
The point isn't whether or not she correctly remembered the events. What matters is her perception of the events, as it's her perception of the events that formed the basis for her trauma.

That and it is trauma on a CHILD! Trauma victims normally don't remember anything just so they can get through it.

It took step by step for Lillie to over come it and kudo's on the anime for doing that. I hope this episode amounts to some more development in her overcoming her sheltered aspects.

Last edited:

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I read somewhere that the opening will be updated when this episode airs. Anyone knows if that is true?
Btw I really hope we will have a capture here. Last team change for the classmates was in SM034 and it's so freaking annoying and boring to not have new captures.

Status
Not open for further replies.