• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 28th: SM80 - A Sand's Storm! An Ice Hole Double Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
To be fair just because a move a pokemon has used is unnamed doesn't mean it's not a move because of the fact that we have had instances before where a pokemon used a attack but we didn't find out the name of the attack it was using until later for instance with Jessie's Mimikyu we saw it use Wood Hammer in episode 3 but we didn't none of the characters mentioned what move that attack was until epsiode 25, heck with Kiawe's Turtonator we saw it use Shell Trap in episode 1 but none of the characters mentioned that it had that move until episode 34 and then with Kiawe's Alolan Marowak use Flare Blitz in episode 34 but it wasn't mention what attack it was until episode episode 53.

So just because Poipole used an unnamed attack doesn't mean that it's not a attack, heck I think some was has mentioned it before that when comparing the attack animation Poipole used and what it does to the attack animations of existing attacks that it's actually matches up with the animation of the movie Toxic, so there is a good chance that the attack that Poipole used in epsiode 67 was Toxic,

heck it's probably actually pretty likely that the attack was Toxic when you consider the fact that Poipole thought Rowlet was attacking it so would make sense that it would use an attack to defend itself and if you consider that the attack poison Rowlet and if you compare it to the known animation the attack Toxic which was used by Team Skull's pokemon in episode 24 you would see that the attack animation matches up with the attack that Poipole used.
I did suspect it to be a Poison-type move but then because Toxic is the only move Poipole learns that poisons it may as well have been Toxic. I'm just waiting for that name or 'Dokudoku' to be called out at some point, hopefully in this episode.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Oh great, so Lillie will beat a Tyranitar here, either by using Snowy, or most likely letting Alolan Sandshrew evolve to Sandslash and using it as an ally to beat it. Seems Sophocles, Lillie and Mallow are together, and since Sophocles found the Ice Stone, I'm sure an evolution will take place.

It does seem however that Lillie most likely isn't going to catch Sandshrew.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Hold up... All of the summaries up until this point stated that Lillie would be separated from the others and end up alone; but this new summary states that she ends up with Mallow and Sophocles. To be honest, I'm actually a little disappointed. This episode had the perfect set up for solo Lillie development, without the others taking away much screentime, but it seems the writers aren't taking advantage of that set up after all. :( I just hope that Lillie is the one who does the battling and Mallow and Sophocles don't interfere except if they don't do anything, then people here will be complaining about that.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Hold up... All of the summaries up until this point stated that Lillie would be separated from the others and end up alone; but this new summary states that she ends up with Mallow and Sophocles. To be honest, I'm actually a little disappointed. This episode had the perfect set up for solo Lillie development, without the others taking away much screentime, but it seems the writers aren't taking advantage of that set up after all. :( I just hope that Lillie is the one who does the battling and Mallow and Sophocles don't interfere except if they don't do anything, then people here will be complaining about that.

If you watch the preview again you see another cave-in happens that separates Lillie, Snowy, and one Alolan Sandshrew with the Tyranitar from Mallow, Sophocles, and the other Alolan Sandshrew.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
And Lillie has already shown to be battling. I doubt someone else will step in and defeat it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Hold up... All of the summaries up until this point stated that Lillie would be separated from the others and end up alone; but this new summary states that she ends up with Mallow and Sophocles.

Eh, none of them ever said "alone", and a couple of them even said "Lilie and the others".

But yeah, they could've been a bit more clear on this.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I had a good thought that Lillie wouldn't be alone here, they always misguide us in the descriptions of the episodes. What I am really surprised about is that for once Ash isn't the one who is getting in the way

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Hey, at least it's the girl who needs something most that she gets trapped with, instead of Ash or Kiawe.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dephender said:

At least Bakugames gets to do something that'll get the plot of this episode moving, which is more than he usually does. Lilie getting lost with Mao and Maamane seems kind of pointless to me though, because I doubt those two will end up doing much, regardless.

p96822

Evolve me please
I'm hoping that even with Lillie being smart and all that she still loses to Tyranitar's brute strength

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why do you want her lose?
Given what I've read from their posts, they want Ash to do literally everything.

p96822

Evolve me please
I don't want Ash to come to save Lillie, but I want her to lose because she said that she not that great of a trainer

Master Pikachu 11

The trailer showed that Lillie ends up separated from Mallow and Sophocles with the ice in between them so she will still be battling the Tyranitar by herself for the most part.

DatsRight

I don't want Ash to come to save Lillie, but I want her to lose because she said that she not that great of a trainer

I want her to at least struggle a little. It's deranged how many battles in the recent seasons have avoided letting the twerps even suffer token hits, even the freaking Ultra Space arc. It's like after BW (the last time they routinely took damage, even against TR) the writers started gaining a wince factor to non-slapstick pain.

Resistance and defence is still a key factor in battle, plus you know, it's a freaking Tyranitar. A battle where she wins but takes some damage and has to pull some degree of improvisation would at least be plausible, but I can just as easily see it being a curbstomp/plot armour situation where she lucks out completely.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well we now know what caused the separation but otherwise the new summary is very similar. Maybe Rowlet accidentally triggers the explosion by flying into one of Turtonator’s spikes.

DatsRight

Well we now know what caused the separation but otherwise the new summary is very similar. Maybe Rowlet accidentally triggers the explosion by flying into one of Turtonator’s spikes.

Rowlet will annoy Steenee and get smacked into Turtonator's spikes, killing two running gags with one stone. :p

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm so excited for this episode tbh, I can't wait to see what happens here. I really really want Lillie to catch a sandshrew! but also more importantly whats going to happen with the ice stone?! The double battle part makes me wonder why all the sandshrew aren't taking part in the battle and only one is with Snowy, which I assume from her using her aurora move in the trailer. I can only hope it's not hinting that Ash comes and finds them at the last moment and that's what makes it a "double battle"

Status
Not open for further replies.