• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 28th: SM80 - A Sand's Storm! An Ice Hole Double Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Rowlet will annoy Steenee and get smacked into Turtonator's spikes, killing two running gags with one stone. :p
Maybe it’ll be a training session and Mallow gets Steenee to smack Rowlet but into Turtonator’s spikes.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm so excited for this episode tbh, I can't wait to see what happens here. I really really want Lillie to catch a sandshrew! but also more importantly whats going to happen with the ice stone?! The double battle part makes me wonder why all the sandshrew aren't taking part in the battle and only one is with Snowy, which I assume from her using her aurora move in the trailer. I can only hope it's not hinting that Ash comes and finds them at the last moment and that's what makes it a "double battle"
we've already seen it in the preview, there's a second collapse that separates lillie, snowy, tyranitar, and that one sandshrew from mallow and sophocles

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I don't want Ash to come to save Lillie, but I want her to lose because she said that she not that great of a trainer

Lillie is a smart capable young woman who can handle herself when the chips are down so I'm sure she defeat Tyranitar by herself.

Rowlet will annoy Steenee and get smacked into Turtonator's spikes, killing two running gags with one stone. :p

I can totally see that being what causes the cave-in.

I'm so excited for this episode tbh, I can't wait to see what happens here. I really really want Lillie to catch a sandshrew! but also more importantly whats going to happen with the ice stone?! The double battle part makes me wonder why all the sandshrew aren't taking part in the battle and only one is with Snowy, which I assume from her using her aurora move in the trailer. I can only hope it's not hinting that Ash comes and finds them at the last moment and that's what makes it a "double battle"

Again the preview shows Lillie, Snowy, and that single A. Sandshrew got separated from everyone else due to another cave-in. Also isn't being called a double battle because Lillie is using both Snowy and A. Sandshrew against Tyranitar.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really like that Lillie is actually challenging Tyranitar and not just defending herself, it really shows her growth in confidence :).

Now all we need is some kind of pokemon growth and the episode will be awesome.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
At this point is the series I really just hope they focus on Lillie. The other classmates are clearly irrelevant besides Kiawe since he’s promised a spot in the league. It’s nice to see a character develope into a trainer instead of spending one episode learning how to catch a Pokémon and becoming a pro automatically. Serena was kind of treated like a novice for most of the first half of XY but it wasnt that much emphasized. May and Dawn practically got it right away, Iris was a “trainer” from youth and Misty was the sister of Gym Leaders.

DatsRight

At this point is the series I really just hope they focus on Lillie. The other classmates are clearly irrelevant besides Kiawe since he’s promised a spot in the league. It’s nice to see a character develope into a trainer instead of spending one episode learning how to catch a Pokémon and becoming a pro automatically. Serena was kind of treated like a novice for most of the first half of XY but it wasnt that much emphasized. May and Dawn practically got it right away, Iris was a “trainer” from youth and Misty was the sister of Gym Leaders.

I like how Lillie has a bit more 'reality ensues' to her, she has trouble accustoming to the usual premise as quickly as the others, to the point Ash even started to take notice at times and even slightly reconfigure his direction for her. Not to mention the Poni Canyon episode where she had a ridiculously idealised view of how an adventure sets up (though in fairness she wouldn't be wrong in some other situations in the show).

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I like how Lillie has a bit more 'reality ensues' to her, she has trouble accustoming to the usual premise as quickly as the others, to the point Ash even started to take notice at times and even slightly reconfigure his direction for her. Not to mention the Poni Canyon episode where she had a ridiculously idealised view of how an adventure sets up (though in fairness she wouldn't be wrong in some other situations in the show).
Agreed. And the best part is that it’s explained due to her sheltered life style instead of randomly making her unaware of certain things we’ve come to expect main characters to already know about such as journeys. However I hope they don’t play this plot until the very end and we actually see her develope into a full grown trainer before her final episode.

p96822

Evolve me please
Maybe it me not like Lillie that much as character or me really not wanting a Tyranitar to lose to Snowy which bearly battles at all and a Sandshrew which said in the episode itself that they lose to this Tyranitar. I really wished it was a different Pokemon that Lillie was facing.

p96822

Evolve me please
I want Lillie to lose so she can see that she needs to train with Snowy to become stronger

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I really don't get this win/lose dichotomy. Lillie can just use both Shiron and that A. Sandshrew and give a good fight against that Tyranitar, encouraging the other A. Sandshrew (remember it's a group here) to join the fight and make Tyranitar to feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of its opponents and eventually retreat. She doesn't have to either dominate or lose the fight to justify her progress.

DatsRight

I really don't get this win/lose dichotomy. Lillie can just use both Shiron and that A. Sandshrew and give a good fight against that Tyranitar, encouraging the other A. Sandshrew (remember it's a group here) to join the fight and make Tyranitar to feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of its opponents and eventually retreat. She doesn't have to either dominate or lose the fight to justify her progress.

I find it ironic when we have instances like Brock stating that battles should be about good strategies and emitting personality instead of who wins or loses, and yet, most non-main arc battles throughout the anime like the TR battles are pretty much cheap heat, battles they very easily win to look good.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I feel like this is due to the fact how female characters have been treated lately. Don’t forget in the last series the female character had an unusually hard time finishing battles and the non battling female curse landed into SM. I just feel like people want the female lead(s) to finally have an official battle that involves a conclusion of winning or losing. Not justifying or taking sides but that’s what I would think would be the main reason why.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I feel like this is due to the fact how female characters have been treated lately. Don’t forget in the last series the female character had an unusually hard time finishing battles and the non battling female curse landed into SM. I just feel like people want the female lead(s) to finally have an official battle that involves a conclusion of winning or losing. Not justifying or taking sides but that’s what I would think would be the main reason why.

Personally, I would rather see how she would handle the whole thing. Like how she is going to act when she will be in a pinch, if she has the "I'm not giving up" attitude and if she can influence not only her own Pokemon but the wilds one as well to not be scared and fight back despite the odds. For me, this is what matters first and signifies progression as a trainer. The final result comes second imo.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Personally, I would rather see how she would handle the whole thing. Like how she is going to act when she will be in a pinch, if she has the "I'm not giving up" attitude and if she can influence not only her own Pokemon but the wilds one as well to not be scared and fight back despite the odds. For me, this is what matters first and signifies progression as a trainer. The final result comes second imo.
I understand. Although I would like an actual conclusion to the battle (like win or lose) since the last time Lillie had an official battle was with her butler using Pikachu (unless you choose to count that Totem battle with Galdion). I think defeating Tryanitar signifies her growth as a trainer since knowing Lillie she won’t depend on sheer force and probably on a smart strategy. I don’t mind your outcome either since it sounds quite probable and still develops Lillie.

Slapstick-Olivia

I know that this will not happen, but I really hope that Lillie wie catch Alola Sandshrew, because it is one of the many Pokémon from the Original series that was barley really used in a meaningful way, and was the most time over just a background Pokémon.

It is kinda weird to realize that so many Pokémon barley show up.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If they seriously have it that Alolan Sandshrew can't dig through ice, that's just ridiculous and a cop out to get Lillie stuck by herself.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If they seriously have it that Alolan Sandshrew can't dig through ice, that's just ridiculous and a cop out to get Lillie stuck by herself.
I don't recall anything anywhere that said that Alolan Sandshrew can dig through ice but some may be able to. Maybe a large group of them will come in and be able to break through the ice that way, in which they are protected by their hard backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.