• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 28th: SM80 - A Sand's Storm! An Ice Hole Double Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Not again. We just had the episode with the Minior.
It’s not as if it will die like the Minior. Due to its abilities to topple mountains, it can certainly break out of the rubble once the cave has collapsed.

DatsRight

I remember Sandshrews being a bit bigger than Pikachu but not that much.

So it's Marowak that dun goofed with Turtonator (should have seen that coming really). Rare to see the twerps blasting off without TR involved in any way (in fact rare not to see one of these 'group scattered' episodes that isn't revolved around Meowth).

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I don't remember Sandshrew being that big neither. I tried to compare it to other Sandshrews in the preview but as difficult as it was, it sort of looks like they all are of that size but not sure. I hope it will be a capture episode for Lillie.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wouldn't have expected Sandshrew to be that big compared to Lillie but I guess Lillie was in a kneeling pose so that's why.

Red and Blue

If thats thats the size of Sandshrew, just imagine how big A. Sandslash will be.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Alolan Sandshrew are 0.7 m (2'04") tall so they wouldn't be too big. Even for Alolan Sandslash, which are 1.2 m (3'11") tall, which is barely even the height of a fully grown human so it is expected neither of them are going to be big.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Alolan Sandshrew are 0.7 m (2'04") tall so they wouldn't be too big. Even for Alolan Sandslash, which are 1.2 m (3'11") tall, which is barely even the height of a fully grown human so it is expected neither of them are going to be big.

Pikachu is also supposed to be about 1'04" tall, so it's natural Alolan Sandshrew may seem large. And I think 5'?" is the standard for human height, so Alolan Sandslash is at least entire foot smaller than a standard adult human.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pikachu is also supposed to be about 1'04" tall, so it's natural Alolan Sandshrew may seem large. And I think 5'?" is the standard for human height, so Alolan Sandslash is at least entire foot smaller than a standard adult human.
True and Pikachu is only a bit taller than Ash's head and won't even reach the height of Ash's knee. Alolan Sandshrew should be a bit taller than Ash's knee and maybe it seems large because we're already used to seeing Pikachu a lot.

D

Deleted member 384931

If Lillie catches it or not doesn't really matter. What matters is that her and Shiron get a stronger bond.

Master Pikachu 11

I would love if somebody caught the tyranitar, I mean a wild tyranitar appears and nobody would want to capture it. I know it’s not likely but hey could you imagine Lillie with a Tyranitar. Lol

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If Lillie catches it or not doesn't really matter. What matters is that her and Shiron get a stronger bond.
I at least expect something like that to happen and hopefully it does happen. And it’ll make her less scared of Pokémon more.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master

As of this episode, we reach episode 80 of SM saga, and the main female companion has not caught her 2nd Pokemon yet. And as she is the deuteragonist, I think that not capuring a pokemon may prevent Lana and Mallow from a capture. So at this point, it is becoming very boring and annoying. I am really hoping for a capture here.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I would love if somebody caught the tyranitar, I mean a wild tyranitar appears and nobody would want to capture it. I know it’s not likely but hey could you imagine Lillie with a Tyranitar. Lol

I already made a fanfic that has Lillie with a RATHER unusual pokemon for her.

Hydreigon. (A very friendly Hydreigon) Tyranitar is more a pokemon suitable for Gladion. (Because Rock/Dark)

p96822

Evolve me please
Well they can make the big side effects of Aurora Veil that Snowy and Sandshrew take one third damage because it’s with Sandshrew

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well they can make the big side effects of Aurora Veil that Snowy and Sandshrew take one third damage because it’s with Sandshrew
Well it doubles Defense and Special Defense in the games so it’s expected the Pokémon will take half damage. The best way to measure damage in the anime is based off their tiredness so we can measure how quickly it takes to become tired to measure how quickly it takes damage but we just can’t exactly get how much less damage it will take because a Pokémon’s ability to battle in the anime isn’t quantified.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Have we had any guesses as to what a. sandshrew may have for attacks?

I could see: Metal claw, and powder snow for sure. Hoping they don't all just have scratch :p

ShadowForce720

Have we had any guesses as to what a. sandshrew may have for attacks?

I could see: Metal claw, and powder snow for sure. Hoping they don't all just have scratch :p

Maybe the particular Alolan Sandshrew that Lillie bonds with has this move set:

Alolan Sandshrew:
Ice Ball
Rapid Spin
Fury Cutter
Metal Claw

I think that would be a good starting move set for it, and plus in regards to having Powder Snow Lillie's Alolan Vulpix knows that move already so I would prefer that Alolan Sandshrew would have a different Ice type move since it would make it more interesting if Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Sandshrew have different moves then each other. Some possible options for other moves that it could Alolan Sandshrew could have could be Iron Defense, Swift or Fury Swipes.

DatsRight

I get the feeling if Lillie gets one she'll likely teach it a rather tactical moveset to complement her more methodical battling. It could still have powerful moves in this regard however, especially Blizzard that is strengthened by Hail (which at the very least Snowy has).

Status
Not open for further replies.