• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 2nd: PM2023 009 - Arrival in Paldea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean not everybody can be a Kukui. His design is cool.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So, is Liko rich? Her house looks similar to the PC's house in the games, but it looks way bigger. It makes sense considering the RVTs are hired bodyguards.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So, is Liko rich? Her house looks similar to the PC's house in the games, but it looks way bigger. It makes sense considering the RVTs are hired bodyguards.
At this point, the question is whether she’s oil tycoon rich or Scrooge McDuck rich

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
It's a bit strange that the setup for going to Paldea was for Friede and others to visit Liko's mom so she could pay them for their bodyguard services, but she's nowhere to be seen in this episode, the focus instead being on Liko's dad.

Well, I guess her mom could still appear, but it's still a bit odd.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
To be fair, does it really matter which parent pays them. She could be away for some reason.
Oh I agree, it doesn't matter, I just wonder if there's a bigger reason why she seems to be away when they explicitly mentioned they were going to see her mom. Like, a plot-relevant reason.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If Liko does catch Lechonk here, I hope it stays unevolved because Oinkologne is very bland.

It's a bit strange that the setup for going to Paldea was for Friede and others to visit Liko's mom so she could pay them for their bodyguard services, but she's nowhere to be seen in this episode, the focus instead being on Liko's dad.

Well, I guess her mom could still appear, but it's still a bit odd.
Maybe Liko’s mom is not here coz she realized she can’t afford the Rising Voltage fee. Jks. ✌️

ShadowForce720

Honestly I don’t think that Liko and/or Roy are catching anything in episode 9 and/or 10 although I could be wrong though.

However I do think will get to see them get their first capture soon though, unless they aren’t in the Paldea region that long it will probably be a Pokémon that is relevant to that region somehow.

Basically I think whenever they catch a Pokémon in a region that it will most likely be one that is relavent to the region they are in at the time.

Trey pokes

Maybe Liko catches Lechonk, but I'm not sure if she'll properly use it, when Sprigatito is her mai. Roy I can see get something out of this.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Given Sprigatito's shtick is making soothing scents, I feel Lechonk would be a redundant choice. Especially if it ends up evolving.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
The anime should have skipped Paldea entirely unless it was intending to have a much darker tone. Look at the things that happened in S/V: cyberterrorism, unruly Pokemon committing murder, etc.

As if they can't dance around that or leave it out with the other darker elements from the games :p

Though Horizons DOES seem a little dramatic compared the old show. And heck, even the old show had some serious-ish moments sprinkled throughout, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Horizons has real serious stakes (or rather, tension).

The previous series did not, because everyone was too friendly with each other after Trip was anti-climatically taken down alongside all tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.