• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 2nd: PM2023 009 - Arrival in Paldea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Hope we see plethora of Paldean mons in this episode, dont want the mons to be shafted like Galar's were
Would be cool if we got an opening montage of Paldea similar to what we got in the games, minus Koriadon crashing down in the ground lol

diakyu

Hope we see plethora of Paldean mons in this episode, dont want the mons to be shafted like Galar's were
Would be cool if we got an opening montage of Paldea similar to what we got in the games, minus Koriadon crashing down in the ground lol
How utterly sick would it be though if they actually did that and did show either of the 'dons falling down. Would show that game events are sorta playing out in the background and will converge eventually

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The Fidough from that one manga is here. Guess it really was foreshadowing.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Excited for this episode, especially since Liko might hopefully get another win against that Lechonk. Plus more backstory is always nice :).

Karnage

Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
Really hope that bland specs guy isn't Alex. I want Liko's father to have a cooler design. He does look like the gardener/caretaker anyways with that apron. I hope that's what he is.

Veedramon

I'm still left wondering why Liko didn't just go to the Paldea academy, since the Kanto doesn't look like it's gonna be relevant.

Also, I wonder if that Lechonk's gonna be her first capture

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm still left wondering why Liko didn't just go to the Paldea academy, since the Kanto doesn't look like it's gonna be relevant.

Also, I wonder if that Lechonk's gonna be her first capture
They explained in the first episode that Liko's parents met and both went to her school she's at now so they probably sent her there to learn and grow like they did.

lolipiece

Staff member
Really hope that bland specs guy isn't Alex. I want Liko's father to have a cooler design. He does look like the gardener/caretaker anyways with that apron. I hope that's what he is.
He looks the same as any other anime-only parent. Why does Liko of all people need someone "cool?"

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I was actually talking more from an out-of-universe perspective
Probably because the writers wanted to have more freedom with how they tackle the story of the games and how and when they decide to touch those topics.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Out of all the theories about Liko's dad it turns out he is just some bland dude lol.

Karnage

Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
He looks the same as any other anime-only parent. Why does Liko of all people need someone "cool?"
Because going by the summaries, he seems relevant to the overarching plot, Liko's whole family does.

All the other anime only parents maybe contributed a bit to their children's development but were otherwise irrelevant. They didn't need good designs. Only Meyer did something as the Blaziken Mask and he did have a good design. Cerise as well, as poor as Chloe was as a main character.

Liko's family is connected to Terapagos. They are going to be highly relevant to the plot and I would expect them to have designs befitting that. And her grandmother did get a pretty cool design so I expected her father to follow suit, but I guess not.

lolipiece

Staff member
Because going by the summaries, he seems relevant to the overarching plot, Liko's whole family does.

All the other anime only parents maybe contributed a bit to their children's development but were otherwise irrelevant. They didn't need good designs. Only Meyer did something as the Blaziken Mask and he did have a good design. Cerise as well, as poor as Chloe was as a main character.

Liko's family is connected to Terapagos. They are going to be highly relevant to the plot and I would expect them to have designs befitting that. And her grandmother did get a pretty cool design so I expected her father to follow suit, but I guess not.
...you know people typically have two parents, right? It's entirely possible whatever connection Liko has to the pendant comes from her mother's side. Also, I feel like we're making a lot of assumptions here. The only one who was teased as being important so far is her grandmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.