• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 30th: SM128 - The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Oh look! they did made a video about upcoming league!

And there's a new footage in Alola league where Pikachu using Thunderbolt on... a Gyarados, it seem?

But i'm sure even they trying to build hype about this league, people said still going to say something like this is not a real league just tournament, isn't it?

If you take a closer look at the scene where Ash's Pikachu is using Thunderbolt on Gyarados, you will notice that a Skarmory is being shocked as well, so it looks like Ash's Pikachu is going to take 2 pokemon out at once here with it taking out a Gyarados and Skarmory at the same time by hitting them with Thunderbolt.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Why do they have likes hidden and commenting disabled? Did they show something like this for the other leagues?

Due to the mass influx of dislikes when Ash lost to Alain. Since that day, likes and dislikes have been disabled.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Due to the mass influx of dislikes when Ash lost to Alain. Since that day, likes and dislikes have been disabled.
I think comments too, but well, let's just say insults end up being more visible through comments than through dislikes

Epicocity

Nah, that was a thing long before then. People just get the two places that would typically upload trailers confused.

Red and Blue

If you take a closer look at the scene where Ash's Pikachu is using Thunderbolt on Gyarados, you will notice that a Skarmory is being shocked as well, so it looks like Ash's Pikachu is going to take 2 pokemon out at once here with it taking out a Gyarados and Skarmory at the same time by hitting them with Thunderbolt.
Oh yeah I did notice that. Hopefully Pikachu takes out a bunch of other Pokemon in the Battle Royal

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
And thus, the slayings of pikachu the gyarados slayer continue!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
That was a nice video that they put together. It was cool seeing past league battles that Ash partaked in. Then it all ends with SM Ash walking out to the battle stage.

JC317

Oh look! they did made a video about upcoming league!

And there's a new footage in Alola league where Pikachu using Thunderbolt on... a Gyarados, it seem?

But i'm sure even they trying to build hype about this league, people said still going to say something like this is not a real league just tournament, isn't it?

It is nice of them to use Mezase Pokemon Master to hype up the league.

On a related note, the upcoming movie is gonna use a new arrangement of Mezase Pokemon Master as its theme, right? Are they going to switch out the current OP for Mezase Pokemon Master during the league? If I remember correctly, they often promote either OPs or EDs of the currently airing movie in the anime.

If they do that, then the current combination of OP and ED would exactly mirror the Kanto League all those years ago. That would be a nice throwback

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It is nice of them to use Mezase Pokemon Master to hype up the league.

On a related note, the upcoming movie is gonna use a new arrangement of Mezase Pokemon Master as it's theme, right? Are they going to switch out the current OP for Mezase Pokemon Master during the league? If I remember correctly, they often promote either OPs or EDs of the currently airing movie in the anime.

If they do that, then the current combination of OP and ED would exactly mirror the Kanto League all those years ago. That would be a nice throwback
The plot thickens (though if that were happening, we'd most likely know it by now)

dman_dustin

Why am I not seeing Pikachu vs Gyarados/Skarmory. I'm really confused are there two videos going around. One posted officially the other rather "forbidden" to link to or something like something from TV or whatever.

Rowlet sleeping during a match and disqualifying Ash confirmed.

And thus confirmation they should've evolved it.

Though if the writers were to be dead brain and actually include this into something serious like a Pokemon league.

Oof (is the most sugarcoated way I'm allowed to describe my displeasure).

ShadowForce720

Why am I not seeing Pikachu vs Gyarados/Skarmory. I'm really confused are there two videos going around. One posted officially the other rather "forbidden" to link to or something like something from TV or whatever.

no, it's in the league montage video, basically skipped to the part where Pikachu is shocking Gyarados and pause it there and then take a closer look and you will see that there is clearly a Skarmory there.

dman_dustin

no, it's in the league montage video, basically skipped to the part where Pikachu is shocking Gyarados and pause it there and then take a closer look and you will see that there is clearly a Skarmory there.

Yeah I just saw it again and saw it at that point where the music starts to fade out.

I think I initially overlooked it because I literally had no context as to what I was looking at (was it cannon or perhaps an opening/ending thing). But yes there it is Skarmory and Gyarados.

I just wish it wasn't shown out of context in such a weird placement.

andrewscott48209

And thus confirmation they should've evolved it.

Though if the writers were to be dead brain and actually include this into something serious like a Pokemon league.

Oof (is the most sugarcoated way I'm allowed to describe my displeasure).
I don't think Ash would be disqualified merely for Rowlet initially being asleep. Chances are high that, if Rowlet is initially asleep, Ash will be able to wake it up. Rowlet is not like Charizard. Charizard went to sleep because it thought that the opposing Pikachu was never going to be a threat. Whereas Rowlet is known to fall asleep at inopertune times, but most of the time, Ash is able to wake it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.