• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 30th: SM128 - The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sucks Guzma, or at least present Guzma didn't appear again before the League. Same with Hau...

Hope all the anime OCs and classmates not named Kiawe get knocked out fast

And really stinks Meltan didn't get another episode either, he's just going to evolve in the middle of a battle isn't he? *sigh*

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I knew that Pokemon Fan spread meant it would happen soon-ish!

Maybe even sooner. I could very well be wrong, but I get the feeling it'll be a short League (the shortest?o_O)
now that I think of it, this also means we'll get 2 pokefan scans about the league (the april one and the june one)

Henry's Journey

Looking at it if the only breaks we have left for Sun and Moon is the break for Movie 22 and then one break some time after that presuming that Sword and Shield come out in some time in mid-late November that would mean that at the very least Sun and Moon would have 143 episode totals meaning that after the league ends there would still be 9 episodes left.

SM129 - July 7
SM130 - July 21
SM131 - July 28
SM132 - August 4
SM133 - August 11
SM134 - August 18
SM135 - August 25
SM136 - September 1
SM137 - September 8
SM138 - September 15
SM139 - September 22
SM140 - September 29
SM141 - October 6
SM142 - October 13
SM143 (or special) - October 20
SM144 (or special) - October 27
November 10 or 17: Sword and Shild anime begins.

Yup, sounds about right assuming there are no more breaks after the traditional movie break.

Probably we're in for a post-league arc (a la Team Flare) OR maybe 1 farewell episode for each classmate and a Pallet Town episode.

Red and Blue

Sucks Guzma, or at least present Guzma didn't appear again before the League. Same with Hau...

Hope all the anime OCs and classmates not named Kiawe get knocked out fast

And really stinks Meltan didn't get another episode either, he's just going to evolve in the middle of a battle isn't he? *sigh*
How could it evolve in the middle of battle without the other nineteen?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
They rush onto the field like Brock's siblings to protect their brother, and the referees are too confused to do anything about it.
or he evolves before a battle

Henry's Journey

Maybe even sooner. I could very well be wrong, but I get the feeling it'll be a short League (the shortest?o_O)

Unova League is the shortest one so far, right? 6 episodes (one almost full filler episode so 5.1 eps).

They could pull a Don Tournament and cramp the league in 4 episodes and most of the battles be 1 vs 1 and the semifinal and finals 3 vs 3.

I hope for at least a 7 episode league tho.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Unova League is the shortest one so far, right? 6 episodes (one almost full filler episode so 5.1 eps).

Yep. 5 or 6, depending on if you want to count BW105 (which I don't :p )

They could pull a Don Tournament and cramp the league in 4 episodes and most of the battles be 1 vs 1 and the semifinal and finals 3 vs 3.

Yeah. I for one can see lot of Z-Move OHKOs and/or only showing part/bits of a battle <_<

Sure, there are a lot of characters here. But there were a lot in the BW tournaments and Kalos League...

Kintaro

Banned
I guess this also cements no Misty or Brock for the league, they would have been announced if they were getting a third return like usual.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Honestly I expect nothing from this league. Nothing at all. This is not me hating on SM this is just me being numb to it at this point. If something good happens that is fine but my expections are so low I'm in hell. It would be an interesting plot twist if the Gen 8 anime began earlier than the games release. Actually by doing that it might build up more hype for the games. I personally would not hate an arc post league where it is Ash doing random stuff but not in Alola but in the world as a whole. Like he goes to Celdadon to pick up something for his mom or he goes to Hoenn for something. Just random episodes but all around the pokemon world.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Honestly I expect nothing from this league. Nothing at all. This is not me hating on SM this is just me being numb to it at this point. If something good happens that is fine but my expections are so low I'm in hell. It would be an interesting plot twist if the Gen 8 anime began earlier than the games release. Actually by doing that it might build up more hype for the games. I personally would not hate an arc post league where it is Ash doing random stuff but not in Alola but in the world as a whole. Like he goes to Celdadon to pick up something for his mom or he goes to Hoenn for something. Just random episodes but all around the pokemon world.
dude, a post league arc would be like 5 episodes at best
Ooh, starting a little earlier than I thought. I can't wait to see who is working on these episodes. Hopefully Iwane, Yamazaki and Oohashi at the very least.
These latest episodes have had me unsatisfied animation-wise, I hope that's just because they're saving the A game for the league

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
dude, a post league arc would be like 5 episodes at best

These latest episodes have had me unsatisfied animation-wise, I hope that's just because they're saving the A game for the league

I think you are over estimating how long this league will be. I can see it as 3 to 4 episodes just due to how battles are done and how weak most of the people are minus Ash and Gladion. I would not be shocked if they try to make a few battles comedy based. But even if it was 6 to 7 episodes that would still be around 8 episodes till SwSh and that is assuming it is early november

Reactions: RLC

Jangobadass

Surprise!
I think you are over estimating how long this league will be. I can see it as 3 to 4 episodes just due to how battles are done and how weak most of the people are minus Ash and Gladion. I would not be shocked if they try to make a few battles comedy based. But even if it was 6 to 7 episodes that would still be around 8 episodes till SwSh and that is assuming it is early november

Like I said, I foresee a short League.

Hell, I can't even believe they're bothering with a League with how little battling there is in this saga...:confused:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Like I said, I foresee a short League.

Hell, I can't even believe they're bothering with a League with how little battling there is in this saga...:confused:

This
Anyone expecting an action packed league will be disappointed. I have not seen a battle that was anything special yet in SM. Doesn't help the classmates are weak and most have two pokemon max.
Ash could win but the win would not feel like a real win to me.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think we'll go like this.

1st round: 1 vs 1
2nd round: 2 vs 2
3rd round: 3 vs 3
4th round+: 4 or more vs four or more

Status
Not open for further replies.