• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 30th: XY&Z032 - The Kalos League Begins! Mega Charizard Showdown: X VS Y!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
So do we guess this is Trevor's Mega Charizard facing of Alain? o_O

Surprised the league is starting now to get intersected by the movie. But okay I guess. Looking forward to some amazing battles.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Trevor's big orange hair is seen on the Mega Charizard Y page in one of the screens showing who is battling who.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I dunno, I doubt there would be such heavy focus on it if it was a complete slaughterfest. Alain will probably be in control for most of the battle, but I'm sure Trevor won't just lay down and die.

I kinda get what you mean, but at the same time, where else would they have brought in Charizard Y at? Since they didn't have Ash's return, Trevor is definitely the most logical option. And Trevor isn't the kind of rival who is going to do much at a League. I'm just glad he even has it, I figured they wouldn't give a Mega to someone as relatively minor as him.

I can't really say I agree. If Trevor was being shown multiple times building up to this moment, I'd be kind of Ok with it, but they didn't. Instead, they're just throwing it on a trainer that is probably the least memorable of the rivals in terms of treatment (he's honestly not too far ahead of a CotD), and it's first appearance will have it lose to the very thing that has caused it to be largely ignored. That is not exactly a positive showing and they could've done a lot better then just using it to glorify X even more.

Last edited:

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Hype! I wonder if Alain know about this second Charizard form and I want to see his reaction if he doens't know.

K.N.

Mixed feelings on this one. Cool that Megazard Y is showing up, but I don't really think the XY friends "deserve" Megas (Maybe Tierno does since he's the "serious" trainer of the group, but not really seeing it for Trevor). Guess I'll see how they justify this one- after all, Alain also had his Mega Ring/Stone given to him.

Of course, that's assuming they even explain at all. It feels like there's too much going on for there to be time for an adequate explanation.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Such a shame that Charizard's better form will lose in this battle. Then again, if it's really Trevor's Charizard; then i might not be as disheartened.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why do you feel that megas are unobtainable "Pokemon" for trainers to get. EVERYONE.....except Tierno apparently.....should have a mega evolution on their team for the POKEMON League.

I don't know why Tierno is being excluded from owning one :/
I wonder who Ash will be battling if he does battle in this episode.

K.N.

Why do you feel that megas are unobtainable "Pokemon" for trainers to get. EVERYONE.....except Tierno apparently.....should have a mega evolution on their team for the POKEMON League.

Obviously anybody with a Mega ring and a Mega Stone has access to one, but the beginning of the series made it seem like these stones are absurdly rare (they just "feel" common narratively because we're focusing on a story around them in the Mega Evolution specials), hence Alain needing to travel around with the specific purpose of finding them. I guess I can buy that maybe Trevor, being the one who goes sightseeing a lot more, would find a Mega Stone, but where would he get a Mega Ring?

dman_dustin

I don't know why Tierno is being excluded from owning one :/
I wonder who Ash will be battling if he does battle in this episode.

I SUPPOSE its possible Sawyer isn't battling against Tierno, but if Tierno was using Mega Blastoise why not it being against Mega Sceptile, FURTHER more, if it was some random Raichu, why some random Raichu.

Obviously anybody with a Mega ring and a Mega Stone has access to one, but the beginning of the series made it seem like these stones are absurdly rare (they just "feel" common narratively because we're focusing on a story around them in the Mega Evolution specials), hence Alain needing to travel around with the specific purpose of finding them. I guess I can buy that maybe Trevor, being the one who goes sightseeing a lot more, would find a Mega Stone, but where would he get a Mega Ring?

What about all those trainers that we have seen with Mega Evolutions? All of those trainers throughout the mega evolution arcs, and especially the string of mega evolution trainers Mega Evolution Act Four that Alain had to battle (not counting Malva).

Also keep in mind 2 of the mega evolution trainers from the Mega Evolution Acts are league participants.

I think the point about Mega evolutions is that "strong enough" trainers can get them but not your casual trainer (though random Nurse Joy would say otherwise, and no she wasn't the Latias Nurse Joy so no). Anyone who can get 8 badges and ENTER a Pokemon league, SHOULD be strong enough to find their very own Mega Evolution.

04n70n10

So Tierno and Trevor are cannon fodders for the true rivals? (really, offscreen lands are incredible, eh Trevor? LOL)

awesome to see at least the Zard Clash... Good opening for the League.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I don't usually say this, but it's time to get hype. Also, am I the only one excited to see a non-plain battlefield again?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope they don't montage Ash's first two rounds, seriously they can give us some quick battles.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
And it would seem as though Trevor has Zard Y... yep, ok. Whatever. You know, I'll just accept that and not complain. It makes some sense considering the places he's gone to with photography and everything (if it actually is Trevor that we see in the scan?). Alain at the League. Excellent. You could say he pulled eight badges out of his *** but we can also consider the time skip taking place between next episode and the Goodra episode, plus the unknown time since his last appearance... You can kinda justify it? REALLY excited about Astrid and Remo (that was his dub name, yeah?) showing up, still need to see if they'll address Ash and Astrid's movie battle.

Speaking of Ash, they could fit a few 1v1s into the episode depending on how long they are. I'm sure he'll get paired up against some weaker Trainer that he steamrolls while Alain vs Trevor is the longer/focused battle.

04n70n10

And it would seem as though Trevor has Zard Y... yep, ok. Whatever. You know, I'll just accept that and not complain. It makes some sense considering the places he's gone to with photography and everything (if it actually is Trevor that we see in the scan?). Alain at the League. Excellent. You could say he pulled eight badges out of his *** but we can also consider the time skip taking place between next episode and the Goodra episode, plus the unknown time since his last appearance... You can kinda justify it? REALLY excited about Astrid and Remo (that was his dub name, yeah?) showing up, still need to see if they'll address Ash and Astrid's movie battle.

Speaking of Ash, they could fit a few 1v1s into the episode depending on how long they are. I'm sure he'll get paired up against some weaker Trainer that he steamrolls while Alain vs Trevor is the longer/focused battle.

It's Trevor.

[IMG300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjhfpZcUgAEcG23.jpg[/IMG300]

From the pokemon speculation thread, see on the left side, his head is unmistakable.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Hadn't looked at that thread yet so I couldn't make it out from the full scans. I was looking in the wrong place anyway, lol.

NeoDude-5000

So the first episode of the Kalos League is the long-awaited clash of the Mega Charizard's. This should be a great episode! (Go X show em you're the best Mega around!)

So the first episode of the Kalos League is the long-awaited clash of the Mega Charizard's. This should be a great episode! (Go X show em you're the best Mega around!)

We know X would win but that wouldn't mean he is the best. Here's hoping it's a close battle not complete annihilation.

Since they are eliminating recurring rivals in the start we can assume that later battles, the ones that really count, will be 6v6.

Status
Not open for further replies.