• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 30th: XY&Z032 - The Kalos League Begins! Mega Charizard Showdown: X VS Y!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I have this feeling that ash is going to win this league. All he needs to win is the semis and finals making him the champion of kalos.
I don't think you get declared a champion of anything in a given pokemon league unless you win the champions league. Ash would simply be the winner of a major regional league and qualify for the champion league, still a major accomplishment of course.

dman_dustin

I don't think you get declared a champion of anything in a given pokemon league unless you win the champions league. Ash would simply be the winner of a major regional league and qualify for the champion league, still a major accomplishment of course.

I've addressed this before.

There are two different champion titles.

The champion of a region (Diantha) and the champion of the Pokemon League Conference (for beating the tournament).

They are two ENTIRELY different things.

But Ace trainer musty is wrong. Ash wouldn't become the champion of Kalos, as that's Diantha's role instead he would just be the champion of the Kalos League conference,

Look at it like this Champion of a Pokemon League conference (winning the tournament) is the same as calling the person a Top Coordinator.

The only difference from what I can see is that there's MORE to the Pokemon League than the conference with the Elite Four and Champion than for Grand Festival winners. So maybe it wouldn't be the same.

dman_dustin

Common joke that, despite how a hell lot of Pokemon attacks SHOULD be life threatening to humans (if not straight out murder them), humans don't get really hurt. Ash would have died since the first day Pikachu shocked him.

We have girls that can smack Aura Spheres like it was nothing with their back hands, for example.

Well that's only because people constantly underestimate the Pokemon universe. I promise you if an evil human from the Pokemon Universe were to pop into our universe, we'd all be worshiping our new overlord, and there'd be nothing we could do.
===================

Anyway can Trevor please knock out one of Alain's Pokemon maybe two. I mean if Trevor has Aerodactyl there's no reason why he couldn't defeat Mega Charizard X, sure Aerodactyl will hate the thunder punch, but I doubt it'll do as much damage as Aerodactyl using rock attack on Mega Charizard.

Why are the mega evolutions first anyway? I don't want Ash to sweep the Altaria trainer with just Ash-Greninja NOR do I want Alain to sweep Trevor with just Mega Charizard X.

xyzash

Unbeatable
Well that's only because people constantly underestimate the Pokemon universe. I promise you if an evil human from the Pokemon Universe were to pop into our universe, we'd all be worshiping our new overlord, and there'd be nothing we could do.
===================

Anyway can Trevor please knock out one of Alain's Pokemon maybe two. I mean if Trevor has Aerodactyl there's no reason why he couldn't defeat Mega Charizard X, sure Aerodactyl will hate the thunder punch, but I doubt it'll do as much damage as Aerodactyl using rock attack on Mega Charizard.

Why are the mega evolutions first anyway? I don't want Ash to sweep the Altaria trainer with just Ash-Greninja NOR do I want Alain to sweep Trevor with just Mega Charizard X.

They are there as a show of power. They might be trying to hype Mzard and SmogonFrog clash by showing they are extremely OP. It's to build up excitement for the kids.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Indeed, I've seen the whole "pokemon attacks should kill people easily" argument a number of times, and those arguments tend to ignore that even if we leave out the anime, humans in the pokemon world are as a whole tougher than real humans (we have one in shape but seemingly ordinary guy dig out most of a tunnel with his bare hands) and there are also quite a few outright superhuman ones (the whole "psychic trainer" class and the Shadow Triad being the most obvious). Heck one of the games details the story (admittedly it could be a myth) of a man who went around killing pokemon with a sword. It takes a major attack (like from a legendary pokemon) to really threaten the life of a pokemon world human.

Indeed when it comes to Ash taking pokemon attacks, even in serious situations he often ends up less hurt than a pokemon would be from taking on the same attack.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

this or maybe we will only see the final battle of Greninja vs Altaria.

Well if what I saw was accurate, Ash-Greninja and Altaria are the first Pokemon in that match up, or if not, then Ash-Greninja is the ONLY Pokemon IN that battle.

And I can't imagine they'd only show us the final battle given that Ash is LATE to the battle.

Indeed, I've seen the whole "pokemon attacks should kill people easily" argument a number of times, and those arguments tend to ignore that even if we leave out the anime, humans in the pokemon world are as a whole tougher than real humans (we have one seemingly ordinary guy dig out most of a tunnel with his bare hands) and there are also quite a few outright superhuman ones (the whole "psychic trainer" class and the Shadow Triad being the most obvious). Heck one of the games details the story (admittedly it could be a myth) of a man who went around killing pokemon with a sword. It takes a major attack (like from a legendary pokemon) to really threaten the life of a pokemon world human.

Indeed when it comes to Ash taking pokemon attacks, even in serious situations he often ends up less hurt than a pokemon would be from taking on the same attack.

Yeah for example, Marcargo's temperature reaches 18,000 degrees, and before anyone argues it's only a Pokedex thing, no I'm pretty sure it does reach that temperature in OUR universe.

While I'm sure in the Pokemon universe, it exerts the equivalent of whatever a human would be safe around. And even if that's not the case, it shows humans in the Pokemon universe can survive that high of a temperature, compare that to other elements. The metals in the Pokemon universe have to be stronger than our universe.

Take the sharpest object in our universe, and I highly doubt it'll even scratch a human from the Pokemon universe.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Indeed, I've seen the whole "pokemon attacks should kill people easily" argument a number of times, and those arguments tend to ignore that even if we leave out the anime, humans in the pokemon world are as a whole tougher than real humans (we have one in shape but seemingly ordinary guy dig out most of a tunnel with his bare hands) and there are also quite a few outright superhuman ones (the whole "psychic trainer" class and the Shadow Triad being the most obvious). Heck one of the games details the story (admittedly it could be a myth) of a man who went around killing pokemon with a sword. It takes a major attack (like from a legendary pokemon) to really threaten the life of a pokemon world human.

Let's not forget that humans evolved from pokemon. I'm sure some of those ultra durability genes survived and were passed on. The only thing that can guarantee a kill is if you threw one of them into the sun.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well if what I saw was accurate, Ash-Greninja and Altaria are the first Pokemon in that match up, or if not, then Ash-Greninja is the ONLY Pokemon IN that battle.

And I can't imagine they'd only show us the final battle given that Ash is LATE to the battle.

Yeah for example, Marcargo's temperature reaches 18,000 degrees, and before anyone argues it's only a Pokedex thing, no I'm pretty sure it does reach that temperature in OUR universe.

While I'm sure in the Pokemon universe, it exerts the equivalent of whatever a human would be safe around. And even if that's not the case, it shows humans in the Pokemon universe can survive that high of a temperature, compare that to other elements. The metals in the Pokemon universe have to be stronger than our universe.

Take the sharpest object in our universe, and I highly doubt it'll even scratch a human from the Pokemon universe.

Maybe these battles are going to be battles where you have to change out your pokemon after a pokemon is knocked out? I'm just being open to any ideas as to why they'd use their aces first :p

Let's not forget that humans evolved from pokemon. I'm sure some of those ultra durability genes survived and were passed on. The only thing that can guarantee a kill is if you threw one of them into the sun.

was it that humans evolved from pokemon or did pokemon and humans evolve from the same thing? Don't they say that Kadabra used to be a human?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
was it that humans evolved from pokemon or did pokemon and humans evolve from the same thing? Don't they say that Kadabra used to be a human?

All we know is that pokemon and humans used to be the same species until they split. Considering the creator entity and the beings that lord over time, space, and anti-matter are pokemon, it's safe to say pokemon came first.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The only thing that can guarantee a kill is if you threw one of them into the sun.
Well while I agree with the main point, I wouldn't go to that extreme. After all AZ's ultimate weapon killed off a huge number of humans and pokemon alike, and Ghetsis plainly thought he could kill the player character with Kyurem's Glaciate (or he was just using the attack as a means to draw out N).

<><><>

Another thing that must be noted for both the games and the anime is that pokemon generally hold back from trying to inflict lethal damage (its right there in the game mechanics too with how recoil damage is correlated with how much damage is done to the opponent, indicating that the pokemon doesn't hit as hard when a lighter hit will knock the opponent out), and this combined with the toughness of humans and pokemon accounts for the lack of serious injuries.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I honestly think we're all over thinking stuff, really. This is a children's show. Of course they have to make everyone look durable.

Had this been Fire Emblem, people would survive a clean ax hit to the head!
Certainly, but that doesn't mean there can't be an in-universe explanation to accompany the obvious explanation. ^_^

Heck, Fire Emblem people are abnormally tough too in-universe. Charlotte is noted to be able to kill eight foot tall giants with her bare hands, and she doesn't even have dragon blood in her veins!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Dude. These writers won't even bother explaining that far.

AHEM! So, back on topic! Poor Trevor is going to get slaughtered at the start.

I would love to see Aerodactyl take out atleast one pokemon. I just rewatched the aerodactyl episode from first gen and it really needs comeback. Personally haven't seen any other episodes with one in it so that'd be awesome.
If it's just going to be ZardX fodder then that will be such a let down and I will need Ash-Greninja to destucto disc it to death five times more than I want it to now.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Whether it takes out a pokemon or note I simply hope to see a well-animated Aerodactyl using some actual attacks. The only attack I can recall an Aerodactyl using in the anime was Giga Impact (though I am probably forgetting some).

Pteranodonte

Whether it takes out a pokemon or note I simply hope to see a well-animated Aerodactyl using some actual attacks. The only attack I can recall an Aerodactyl using in the anime was Giga Impact (though I am probably forgetting some).

And Whirlwind, Hyper Beam and Gust.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I would love to see Aerodactyl take out atleast one pokemon. I just rewatched the aerodactyl episode from first gen and it really needs comeback. Personally haven't seen any other episodes with one in it so that'd be awesome.
If it's just going to be ZardX fodder then that will be such a let down and I will need Ash-Greninja to destucto disc it to death five times more than I want it to now.

Unlikely. I think once Mega Charizard X defeats Mega Charizard Y, Aerodactyl and the other pokemon would get defeated easily.

Red and Blue

If they are cramming in both Alain and Ash's matches, I suspect one of the two will be a straight up slaughter on Trevor and the Altaria trainer's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.