• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 30th: XY&Z032 - The Kalos League Begins! Mega Charizard Showdown: X VS Y!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Man I'm so pumped up for the Kalos League!! I hope Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y is the opener but they focus more on Ash's league battle.

There's a lot going on, the opening, Ash's battle against a random trainer, then two league battles. It sounds awesome for an opening to the league but I really hope it's paced well and that the battles aren't too quick.

riceant

Man I'm so pumped up for the Kalos League!! I hope Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y is the opener but they focus more on Ash's league battle.

There's a lot going on, the opening, Ash's battle against a random trainer, then two league battles. It sounds awesome for an opening to the league but I really hope it's paced well and that the battles aren't too quick.

I actually think it will be clean sweeps and 1-2 hit KOs for both Ash and Alain's battles. The opponent might get a few lucky hits in that don't really do much damage. Remember how cleanly Serena won the first few rounds of the masterclass.

Navin

MALDREAD
I honestly think we're all over thinking stuff, really. This is a children's show. Of course they have to make everyone look durable.

The hilarious part is when stuff like Ash falling from a skyscraper or into a volcano are treated as moments of dramatic tension, but Team Rocket routinely gets electrocuted, blown dozens of miles away, and other horrible things and come out without a scratch.

------------------

I hope they don't spend more than 5-10 minutes on this match, so we can see more cameos of Ash's matches.

I actually think it will be clean sweeps and 1-2 hit KOs for both Ash and Alain's battles. The opponent might get a few lucky hits in that don't really do much damage. Remember how cleanly Serena won the first few rounds of the masterclass.

I dont want the Kalos League to be any like the tripokalon master class. Cuz they might pull the same **** to Ash as they did to serena(Injury/slightly overwhelming defeat)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm still not set on the idea of seeing the entirety of Alan's fight against Trevor. I think it's just both Charizard's clashing and then we cut away to Ash.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
We will probably have a situation like Ash vs Nando.

We'll see the Charizard bout. Then it will cut to the trainer challenging Ash and conversing. Then it will go back to Charizard vs Aerodactyl for a quick scene. Charizard finally goes down. Cut back to Ash battling. Cut to the final match-up of Trevor vs Alain in the final collision. Then the announcer will call Ash and the other trainer, but Ash is still in his battle.

SoundVoltex

Pretty sure it will be, given there will be opening ceremonies, obligatory gasping when seeing match ups, and meeting up with "old" friends.

Acrobatics

Sky Master
Man I'm so excited! I'm finally caught up to all the episodes and this is the first time I'm ever gonna watch a new Japanese episode on the release day.. So does the episode come out Thursday US time? I might have to watch it raw but how long does it usually take for a subbed version to come out? Idk I'm kinda new to this, I know some people on YouTube upload it subbed with decent subtitles on day of release

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Mega Charizard Y without Solar Beam would be disappointing considering it can take advantage of this with ability Drought. Although it won't be much help against Mega Charizard X.

Sprinter1988

Mega Charizard Y without Solar Beam would be disappointing considering it can take advantage of this with ability Drought. Although it won't be much help against Mega Charizard X.

On that note though, I wouldn't even be sure that we'll even see Drought activate. The anime doesn't exactly have the best track record in terms of showing consistency with abilities. I mean, when is the last time Pikachu's Static ability activated? Abilities in the anime are an "as and when" plot device, rather than an active part of the series story-line.

ShadowForce720

On that note though, I wouldn't even be sure that we'll even see Drought activate. The anime doesn't exactly have the best track record in terms of showing consistency with abilities. I mean, when is the last time Pikachu's Static ability activated? Abilities in the anime are an "as and when" plot device, rather than an active part of the series story-line.

Considering pokefan went out of it's way to specifically mention that Mega Charizard Y's ability is Drought it's safe to say that it will activate it's ability in the battle otherwise they wouldn't have specifically mentioned it.

dman_dustin

Considering pokefan went out of it's way to specifically mention that Mega Charizard Y's ability is Drought it's safe to say that it will activate it's ability in the battle otherwise they wouldn't have specifically mentioned it.

It didn't just mention it, it outright showed us using drought, by showing a picture of the sun with Mega Charizard Y.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It didn't just mention it, it outright showed us using drought, by showing a picture of the sun with Mega Charizard Y.

oooo, do we know if sunny day powers up fire moves in the anime too or if it mostly just effects grass pokemon?
Idk why theyre leave the fire power up out in the anime, but I could see them doing that so that's just why i'm asking.

ShadowForce720

oooo, do we know if sunny day powers up fire moves in the anime too or if it mostly just effects grass pokemon?
Idk why theyre leave the fire power up out in the anime, but I could see them doing that so that's just why i'm asking.

I'm think this will answer your question:Mega Charizard Y
Charizard's mega evolution. Its Ability is "Drought", so the power of its Fire type moves is increased!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Anyway can Trevor please knock out one of Alain's Pokemon maybe two. I mean if Trevor has Aerodactyl there's no reason why he couldn't defeat Mega Charizard X, sure Aerodactyl will hate the thunder punch, but I doubt it'll do as much damage as Aerodactyl using rock attack on Mega Charizard.

Even with a type advantage, I just can't see Aerodactyl winning against Alain's ace pokemon since I'm sure mega Charizard X will be portrayed as overwhelmingly powerful. I think the plot requires Alain to seem almost invincible at this point. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.