• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 3rd: PM2019 113 - Last Mission! Get Regieleki and Regidorago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
This could have been done much better and it makes really clear that they're running out of time and we have to rush. Well we could have done with less mid episodes and less slowpokes, but oh well..

In the end I do not blame the writters of this beeing rushed, nobody, even me expected gen 9 to release this year, I remember saying 2 years ago that Gen 9 would be released in 2022 but it was to annoy Goh fans, I was lying to myself but hey look at that.

This is going to be the shortest Pokemon series.

I agree with the fillers 100%…..

But how in the heck did you think that Gen 9 wouldn’t happen in 2022? Since Gen 5, generations lasted 3 years. Ash’s progression in the PWC even made it obvious it was going to reach its climax this year, even with the pandemic delaying it a month & a half. The writers have to have known Gen 9 was happening in 2022 but act like they weren’t aware.

BlueDragonfangirl

I agree with the fillers 100%…..

But how in the heck did you think that Gen 9 wouldn’t happen in 2022? Since Gen 5, generations lasted 3 years. Ash’s progression in the PWC even made it obvious it was going to reach its climax this year, even with the pandemic delaying it a month & a half. The writers have to have known Gen 9 was happening in 2022 but act like they weren’t aware.
I think I remember a similar situation like this happening before with a series I actually liked and people complaining about similar experience.

nuzamaki90

So I’m looking at the current rankings and it looks like the top 3 members will be chosen after the last mission. However if 3 points are awarded to whoever gets 1st place like the previous trials, why the hell is Gary competing lol? Gary has 12 tokens and Raira has 9, so she’d need at the most 4 tokens to surpass him.

tsunamimijumaru

So I’m looking at the current rankings and it looks like the top 3 members will be chosen after the last mission. However if 3 points are awarded to whoever gets 1st place like the previous trials, why the hell is Gary competing lol? Gary has 12 tokens and Raira has 9, so she’d need at the most 4 tokens to surpass him.
Because Gary is that guy who will go the extra mile. This is the same dude that went and got an extra two gym badges so he either wants to stay on top of the competition and take the opportunity to meet pokemon he's never seen before.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Since we see Sandaconda and Reunirigus (both Ground type) I'm hoping to see one of Gary's Nidos.

nuzamaki90

If Goh, Gary and Tokio are meant to be the 3 chasers that were expecting what's gonna happen with that raira? She's ranked between Gary and Tokio
She has 9 tokens, Goh has 7 so if Goh wins the last mission he’ll be at 10 and Gary will be at 15. We have to assume Tokio is also doing his own final Trial Mission as well somewhere, so he’ll be at 11 after winning his next mission.

MagicKarpInSpace

I'm confused Top 5 chasers are including urshifu trainers or top 5 from challengers. If urshifu trainers are among five then only one among goh and tokio can join PM. If goh succeeded to gain 2 or more coins later ep, his tally will be greater than tokio, that means tokio will be placed 4th hence not qualified.

tsunamimijumaru

I'm confused Top 5 chasers are including urshifu trainers or top 5 from challengers. If urshifu trainers are among five then only one among goh and tokio can join PM. If goh succeeded to gain 2 or more coins later ep, his tally will be greater than tokio, that means tokio will be placed 4th hence not qualified.
The top 5 include the Urshifu trainers so there's room for 3 more chasers and we know Gary and Goh will be in there

tsunamimijumaru

Yh I spose it makes sense for Tokio to be doing his final mission somewhere else. Although I wonder why they wouldn't have him in this ep too so we got the confirmation of who the final chasers are in this ep.

tsunamimijumaru

Just realised they haven't shown Registeel yet so I'm guessing it's just going to randomly show up in this ep and the Urshifu trainers went and got it in offscreen land.

AJ97

Tbh, the whole point of being part of Project Mew is stupid. What's really even the point of getting selected to join the team?
Do they need a Professor to do the research? Lots of other professors are available who'd be interested to carry out their own research. We have Oak & Cerise who both have a relationship with Goh.

Do they need powerful trainers to be part of the expedition? Well Goh's closest friend happens to be one of the Strongest Pokemon Trainers in the World. Plus, Ash has powerful companions and Rivals who'd be happy to also join the expedition.

Still don't understand why Gary is busting his ass to get into this nonsense.

Ultra Beast Lover

Can't Goh just go and search for Mew by himself ? Or form a group for himself and 4 randos ? It's not like project mew has a monopoly on Mew Searching.

He can call the group Project Mew2 for if he wants to show off.
They want it to seem more important then it actually is.

Oh well, at least it's almost over.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
As much as I love Project Mew, it really should have begun earlier, right after the Darkest Day arc with Eternatus capture being Goh's entry ticket and both Suicune and Absol episodes being converted into PM missions
Idk with the scope we see in today's episode it's sad we didn't get to explore with it and the trainers before the climax is reached
Either way I do wonder whether Tokio will not make the cut, it seems weird to place him behind the girl especially when they could have had this ep be Tokio's hurrah into being selected as a chaser
I could see the girl, Goh and Gary qualifying instead

Gingertail24

Tbh, the whole point of being part of Project Mew is stupid. What's really even the point of getting selected to join the team?
Do they need a Professor to do the research? Lots of other professors are available who'd be interested to carry out their own research. We have Oak & Cerise who both have a relationship with Goh.

Do they need powerful trainers to be part of the expedition? Well Goh's closest friend happens to be one of the Strongest Pokemon Trainers in the World. Plus, Ash has powerful companions and Rivals who'd be happy to also join the expedition.

Still don't understand why Gary is busting his ass to get into this nonsense.
The whole point of project mew is that it's a rare, basically once in a lifetime to encounter mew and study it. Mew is an extremely rare Pokemon which many people can spend years trying to encounter and never do. So this organization has the chance to give this opportunity to trainers. Which many people would want, it's mew were talking about.

They need strong trainers, because they can't just let any body just join it. They may not get another chance to encounter mew.

While it is weird that the only strong trainers in this project seems to just be Gary and the urshifu trainers. This is mew were talking about. You would think much more stronger trainers would jump at this opportunity. Like Cynthia (isn't she interested in studying history or something). But apparently the most notable trainers in this is Gary, two random urshifu trainers that are barely developed, goh, and tokio...

Also yeah, the darkest day arc should of been goh entry to PM, not the whole suicune incident. Also, idk why, but PM doesn't feel as impactful and important as it should be

Ultra Beast Lover

Also yeah, the darkest day arc should of been goh entry to PM, not the whole suicune incident. Also, idk why, but PM doesn't feel as impactful and important as it should be
It's probably because there's not as big of an emphasis on it as previous goals. Previously for something like contests/performing we'd have the characters train, fail, get back up, fail again, figure out what the heck they're doing wrong, then succeed then continue to train and improve. They still fail in the end but they were so close and did such a good job that you still feel proud of their hard work. The ones that were more obscure/didn't have any trials for us to witness instead had the characters bring it up constantly, it's a major reason for the characters to do the things they do.

Go wants to get all the Pokemon to get closer to Mew, this is always emphasized throughout the series, he gets closer to it by catching Pokemon almost every episode. But, at least from what I've been able to see, Go doesn't mention needing to train, he doesn't fail and fail and fail until he figures out why he's not succeeding, we rarely if ever hear when the next trial will be in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.