• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 3rd: PM2019 113 - Last Mission! Get Regieleki and Regidorago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunamimijumaru

As much as I love Project Mew, it really should have begun earlier, right after the Darkest Day arc with Eternatus capture being Goh's entry ticket and both Suicune and Absol episodes being converted into PM missions
Idk with the scope we see in today's episode it's sad we didn't get to explore with it and the trainers before the climax is reached
Either way I do wonder whether Tokio will not make the cut, it seems weird to place him behind the girl especially when they could have had this ep be Tokio's hurrah into being selected as a chaser
I could see the girl, Goh and Gary qualifying instead
I agree they waited a bit too long to actually give goh something to do and they haven't even done a whole lot with it. He's basically only had like 4 missions and one of them was just to qualify in the first place. The suicune and zapdos eps could have been PM episodes i find it odd that the other two birds were included but not zapdos which could then lead nicely into discovering the Galarian forms.

The characters from today could have been other rivals for Goh and would have been cool to see him go to places like the battle chateau or battle tower to go and train his mons since they all just evolve for no reason and learn moves offscreen.

Remix2

As much as I love Project Mew, it really should have begun earlier, right after the Darkest Day arc with Eternatus capture being Goh's entry ticket and both Suicune and Absol episodes being converted into PM missions
Idk with the scope we see in today's episode it's sad we didn't get to explore with it and the trainers before the climax is reached
Either way I do wonder whether Tokio will not make the cut, it seems weird to place him behind the girl especially when they could have had this ep be Tokio's hurrah into being selected as a chaser

Imo they shoulda done project mew from the very start instead of making goh goal of catching all Pokémon which they seem to abandoned.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I agree they waited a bit too long to actually give goh something to do and they haven't even done a whole lot with it. He's basically only had like 4 missions and one of them was just to qualify in the first place. The suicune and zapdos eps could have been PM episodes i find it odd that the other two birds were included but not zapdos which could then lead nicely into discovering the Galarian forms.

The characters from today could have been other rivals for Goh and would have been cool to see him go to places like the battle chateau or battle tower to go and train his mons since they all just evolve for no reason and learn moves offscreen.
He had 5 missions like Ash had 5 Ultra class battles
They wanted it to parallel Ash being in the Hyper Class
Really shows you in retrospect that normal and super class were just throwaways to them

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Imo they shoulda done project mew from the very start instead of making goh goal of catching all Pokémon which they seem to abandoned.
I don't think it would have worked from the start tbh, they needed Goh to grow up a bit
The flygon episode was a great point for him to start tho, by then I could see him competing him in trial missions
Zapdos could have been after darkest day and project Mew related as well

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah, if it started from the beginning it could have been more spread out add new rivals.

Do to how late it started feels like they are trying to get rid of in one big swoop, now we have to deal 4 dam episodes of this.

AJ97

The whole point of project mew is that it's a rare, basically once in a lifetime to encounter mew and study it. Mew is an extremely rare Pokemon which many people can spend years trying to encounter and never do. So this organization has the chance to give this opportunity to trainers. Which many people would want, it's mew were talking about.

They need strong trainers, because they can't just let any body just join it. They may not get another chance to encounter mew.

While it is weird that the only strong trainers in this project seems to just be Gary and the urshifu trainers. This is mew were talking about. You would think much more stronger trainers would jump at this opportunity. Like Cynthia (isn't she interested in studying history or something). But apparently the most notable trainers in this is Gary, two random urshifu trainers that are barely developed, goh, and tokio...

Also yeah, the darkest day arc should of been goh entry to PM, not the whole suicune incident. Also, idk why, but PM doesn't feel as impactful and important as it should be
What exactly do they bring to the table or offer that guarantee that they would "Encounter mew and study it".
If anything, one could argue Ash has encountered far more Rare Legendary Pokemon without being part of Project Mew. Even Goh has encountered both Mew and Mewtwo.

The whole point is that there is literally nothing of substantial value that the "Project mew team" Brings to the table.

1) What expertise does Professor Amaranth have that Oak, Cerise or some of the other professors like Birch, Elm or Kukui don't have?

2) What do the Urshifu trainers even bring to the table and act all high and mighty about? Are they strong? Sure.. But Goh is buddies with Ash who is currently one of the strongest trainer in the world and additionally, Goh is also acquainted with Leon, who is the strongest Trainer in the world and would be happy to help out Goh for an expedition to track a rare pokemon (Also considering the fact that he probably owes him one from the Darkest Day incident). I mean, even Cynthia would jump at an opportunity like this and love to help out and she's also well acquainted with Ash and Goh.

The whole point is the fact that the Project mew team essentially brings nothing of significant value to the table and expects the candidates to go through all these missions for what? It just seems like some scam to get free labor out of these trainers. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up as the evil organization this series and Goh and Gary take em out with Mew's help.

Last edited:

Gingertail24

What exactly do they bring to the table or offer that guarantee that they would "Encounter mew and study it".
If anything, one could argue Ash has encountered far more Rare Legendary Pokemon without being part of Project Mew. Even Goh has encountered both Mew and Mewtwo.

The whole point is that there is literally nothing of substantial value that the "Project mew team" Brings to the table.

1) What expertise does Professor Amaranth have that Oak, Cerise or some of the other professors like Birch, Elm or Kukui don't have?

2) What do the Urshifu trainers even bring to the table and act all high and mighty about? Are they strong? Sure.. But Goh is buddies with Ash who is currently one of the strongest trainer in the world and additionally, Goh is also acquainted with Leon, who is the strongest Trainer in the world and would be happy to help out Goh for an expedition to track a rare pokemon (Also considering the fact that he probably owes him one from the Darkest Day incident). I mean, even Cynthia would jump at an opportunity like this and love to help out and she's also well acquainted with Ash and Goh.

The whole point is the fact that the Project mew team essentially brings nothing of significant value to the table and expects the candidates to go through all these missions for what? It just seems like some scam to get free labor out of these trainers. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up as the evil organization this series and Goh and Gary take em out with Mew's help.
I agree that they should of just added a well known professor like oak instead of amaranth, who I genuinely forgot existed lol

Yeah, goh is friends with ash, Leon, etc who can help him , but the point is that goh has to prove himself strong enough to join PM. It won't be impressive if goh just calls on his friends and acquaintance to do all the hard work for him.

I agree that the urshifu trainers aren't t that substantial. I assume there strong because they trained under mustard ( that's most likely how they got kubfu). But man, they need to start developing more.

I think I'm just bothered that this is an apparent organization that claims track down mew, possibly the most rare Pokemon ever. And it's just filled with a bunch of nobodies. All the most important trainers are just goh, Gary, tokio, and the urshifu trainers.

Could you imagine if the M8 was filled with random trainers no one has ever heard of. It wouldnt feel as impactful. Not saying Cynthia even has to join PM. But why not add notable professors, more than one. Your telling me only one professor is interested in studying mew? The ancestor of all Pokemon. No other professor is part of this apparent once in a lifetime opportunity. And I'm sure there are many past companions that could of been used for PM to make it feel like an amazing opportunity. Not some weird cousins of Pokemon rangers

AJ97

I agree that they should of just added a well known professor like oak instead of amaranth, who I genuinely forgot existed lol

Yeah, goh is friends with ash, Leon, etc who can help him , but the point is that goh has to prove himself strong enough to join PM. It won't be impressive if goh just calls on his friends and acquaintance to do all the hard work for him.

I agree that the urshifu trainers aren't t that substantial. I assume there strong because they trained under mustard ( that's most likely how they got kubfu). But man, they need to start developing more.

I think I'm just bothered that this is an apparent organization that claims track down mew, possibly the most rare Pokemon ever. And it's just filled with a bunch of nobodies. All the most important trainers are just goh, Gary, tokio, and the urshifu trainers.

Could you imagine if the M8 was filled with random trainers no one has ever heard of. It wouldnt feel as impactful. Not saying Cynthia even has to join PM. But why not add notable professors, more than one. Your telling me only one professor is interested in studying mew? The ancestor of all Pokemon. No other professor is part of this apparent once in a lifetime opportunity. And I'm sure there are many past companions that could of been used for PM to make it feel like an amazing opportunity. Not some weird cousins of Pokemon rangers
I get the whole "Goh needs to prove himself and not rely on others bit", but why does he have to prove whatever to a bunch of nobodies? As you said, if Project mew was a Major project being worked on by all the Main Professors across all Regions; Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan etc (Similar to the Master Class with all the Regional Champions), that would've been a valuable project that is probably worth joining.

I really don't see the value in whatever the current team brings. To me, it just seems like they put together a fan club of sorts and are trying to overhype whatever they are doing to attract more members. The whole thing seems like a Pyramid scheme to get these trainers to do things for them.

Like if Gary, Goh and Horace go screw it and start their own Project mew expedition and Gary gets his Grandfather to also pitch in, they'd be in the same place if not better than the current Project mew Team.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Why are they putting the Team Rocket battle theme in the preview??

Stupid idiots...
If this preview is any indication, Goh's finale might be coming sooner than expected, within the next 10 episode at least.

Just what I calculated, 3 parter I guess.

Can't Goh just go and search for Mew by himself ? Or form a group for himself and 4 randos ? It's not like project mew has a monopoly on Mew Searching.

He can call the group Project Mew2 for if he wants to show off.

Well they did need some kind of storyline unlike what we did for the past year... a really stupid storyline if you ask me...

See something we can agree on.

I still thing Gary, Tokyo and Goh will be the ones qualified though. Not that I care I want Project Regi ending so we can concentrate on the final PWT battles and see what goes on and then... well....

By the way they will have to put more effort into why are we going after the Regis, I know that Regis and Mew have some kind of connection in the animeverse however it's not established why are we going after the Regis.

So do your job and explain why to the audiencie please...

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
See something we can agree on.

I still thing Gary, Tokyo and Goh will be the ones qualified though. Not that I care I want Project Regi ending so we can concentrate on the final PWT battles and see what goes on and then... well....

By the way they will have to put more effort into why are we going after the Regis, I know that Regis and Mew have some kind of connection in the animeverse however it's not established why are we going after the Regis.

So do your job and explain why to the audiencie please...
Ignoring the condescending part of the last line
In the Regice episode, Ash and Goh ask Professor Hodaka about Regice and he explains, if i remember correctly that Regis have been there since ancient times and studying them can give them more of an idea about the origins of the world, which ties into Mew, said to be the ancestor of all Pokemon
Or roughly that was it anyway
So they want to research the Regis because they are directly tied to the origins of the world and therefore can have a relation with Mew

BlueDragonfangirl

What's a TR.

Why do you guys keep bringing this very archaic acronym lately! I get so confused!
Are you new to this anime by chance? I know some that have become fans when Journey’s is going.

kickachu

Momentai!
So with this being the last mission how many coins you think this will be worth

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What the hell does the search team expect to find at that cloudy hill of land if they're pitting these children against Regis.

I'm honestly getting incoming face/heel-twist vibes from PM. I mean aren't they basically poaching these Regi's? The path towards the endgoal vaguely described? I mean through this PM they managed to get a small capable group and with the promise of capturing Mew they're willing to do pretty much anything. Sounds pretty sketchy to me.

Jangobadass

Surprise!

Just goes to show how little thought they put into Project Mew... -_-

Though to be fair, making a storyline based on Pokemon GO elements was never going to out anyway... :(

Why are they putting the Team Rocket battle theme in the preview??

TR is here? We BARELY see them............
://///

Maybe the fan theory about Project Mew being villains is right and they're a TR operation in disguise...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.