• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 3rd: PM2019 113 - Last Mission! Get Regieleki and Regidorago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

LucasMV

Not to mention bringing Mewtwo back for JN
Man, that was an underwhelming return, wasn't it? I mean, for all the negativity JN gets sometimes, it did a pretty solid job on most character's returns. They managed to show their progress for the most part. Gary, Iris, Serena. Clemont and Bonnie did what they used to, help Ash train and get better. Dawn didn't really had much in the way of progress, but at least she's been a recurring character of sorts.

But then we have Mewtwo. Sure, Ash did recognize him, but it was a subtle change in his expression and the fact that he knew what it was before Mewtwo introduced himself. Nothing else. Mewtwo didn't seem to recognize or at least care that it was Ash, nor did Ash explain to Goh why he knew Mewtwo, they didn't show any flashback, nothing.

Why bother bringing back such an expensive and elusive VA if you're gonna treat it like a new character for all intents and purposes? I was so disappointed at that episode.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Man, that was an underwhelming return, wasn't it? I mean, for all the negativity JN gets sometimes, it did a pretty solid job on most character's returns. They managed to show their progress for the most part. Gary, Iris, Serena. Clemont and Bonnie did what they used to, help Ash train and get better. Dawn didn't really had much in the way of progress, but at least she's been a recurring character of sorts.

But then we have Mewtwo. Sure, Ash did recognize him, but it was a subtle change in his expression and the fact that he knew what it was before Mewtwo introduced himself. Nothing else. Mewtwo didn't seem to recognize or at least care that it was Ash, nor did Ash explain to Goh why he knew Mewtwo, they didn't show any flashback, nothing.

Why bother bringing back such an expensive and elusive VA if you're gonna treat it like a new character for all intents and purposes? I was so disappointed at that episode.
Yea it was the only JN return that really felt lacking for me, although I do think it was because they had to tiptoe around referencing the first movie for some reason
I wish Mewtwo acknowledged Ash as well, atleast the battle was cool and he was a nice season starter

BobbbidyBob

I still don’t understand why they bothered in paying so much for what we got

BobbbidyBob

Because Pokemon nostalgia is for suckers at this level of writing quality.
Still, was that really what they had in mind for Mewtwo’s grand and probably last appearance in the anime? Lol

BlueDragonfangirl

Not to mention bringing Mewtwo back for JN
I hated that episode so much, no discussion between Ash and him or Ash talking about his past.

Lets just toss him in for the heck of it.

Master Pikachu 11

Yeah that was probably one of the most disappointing returns as they could have done more with continuity in that episode and all we get is Ash recognizing that it is Mewtwo and that was it. Oh and it was another episode where Ash and Goh had restablish their goals yet again.

Charles07

Real & Pokemon Diplomat
I'm truly excited about this episode because it will be the last one before the story focuses on the main story and on everything that all of us want to really watch: Ash's battles at Masters 8 tournament, his training with Paul and his old friends/reserves coming back for Masters 8 (or not).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm truly excited about this episode because it will be the last one before the story focuses on the main story and on everything that all of us want to really watch: Ash's battles at Masters 8 tournament, his training with Paul and his old friends/reserves coming back for Masters 8 (or not).
Cue the next episode being a third Slowpoke episode.

DuskAstral

I'm truly excited about this episode because it will be the last one before the story focuses on the main story and on everything that all of us want to really watch
Do not delude yourself. Even if this is Gou's last mission, there are sure to be episodes related to him nonetheless. Especially since he is a co-protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.