• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 3rd: PM2019 113 - Last Mission! Get Regieleki and Regidorago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

@UnovaMaster would love to disagree
Yah man, that guys always adding upset faces on my comments dam :p
There is literally zero reason to advocate for this except for spite because you hate Goh. There’s not a single metatextual benefit to Goh disappearing for a “few episodes” besides to pander to fans who can’t seem to fathom the idea of another protagonist. Get over yourself and get a grip.
Just to be fair is all I’m saying, why have Ash be absent for two episodes but not him?

BlueDragonfangirl

Guys I don't think they are doing the M8 episode after episode. They can just do PM in between. And if not, it's most likely after
NA Man, says final in the title. I assume they added that in for a reason.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Guys I don't think they are doing the M8 episode after episode. They can just do PM in between. And if not, it's most likely after

While it is possible for them to not do M8 back-to-back, AFAIK I don't think there's ever been a tournament in the anime which hasn't run back-to-back - in particular I don't think Ash & co. had ever needed to fully leave the tournament setting during a tournament. I would especially doubt it for this giant M8 tournament and IMO it would ruin the pacing.

I think that whatever happens with the actual Mew search part will probably happen after M8.

ShadowForce720

I still believe the theory of the expedition being Goh's cue to leave
This is my theory too, I stand by it :)
The fact that the expedition only last a week is proof enough that it isn’t.

If Goh is going to leave it’s going to be something else or a different expedition that’s going to take place after the current upcoming one and not because of the current specific Mew expedition.

Notice how every single that causes a character to leave or potentially leave is either have the character leave for a unspecified amount of time or if there is a specified amount of time it’s in terms of months or years or longer.

If that Mew expedition was intended not to be shown and just intended to be Goh’s send off then they wouldn’t have said that it last a week and would have gone for a longer time like months or years. The fact that it’s only a week kills any possibility that it will be the reason Goh leaves.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC

If Goh is going to leave it’s going to be something else or a different expedition that’s going to take place after the current upcoming one and not because of the current specific Mew expedition.

Notice how every single that causes a character to leave or potentially leave is either have the character leave for a unspecified amount of time or if there is a specified amount of time it’s in terms of months or years or longer.

If that Mew expedition was intended not to be shown and just intended to be Goh’s send off then they wouldn’t have said that it last a week and would have gone for a longer time like months or years. The fact that it’s only a week kills any possibility that it will be the reason Goh leaves.
I actually didn't know it would only last a week, i have to admit this ruins the theory
It's weird to do so many tests to do an expedition that only lasts a week and might not even end up with Mew appearing

Gingertail24

Not always.
AG had the Battle Frontier & Kanto Contests after the Hoenn League.
BW had Episode N and Dregalore after the Isshu League
XY had the Flare Arc and some wrap up episodes after the Kalos League
No I mean in respect to characters goals and tournaments, not villain arcs and stuff

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader

When was it even said that Mew expedition will last only a week?

Am I missing something or are you just putting hypothetical opinions

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Im thinking Goh pass the last mission and is invited to fly off and find mew... But Goh wants to cheer on his BFF for the M8 which would prob announce the opening ceremony date by the end of this episode

^^So kinda similar to Serena going to cheer on Ash and not take the offer to train with the old lady in XY

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Im thinking Goh pass the last mission and is invited to fly off and find mew... But Goh wants to cheer on his BFF for the M8 which would prob announce the opening ceremony date by the end of this episode

^^So kinda similar to Serena going to cheer on Ash and not take the offer to train with the old lady in XY
That makes absolutely no sense. Serena was under no time limitation, goh literally only has one week to do this expedition he’s been trying to get into. That’s saying goh is going to throw away what’s he done for no other reason than to cheer ash on. He’ll throw away his dream and would’ve wasted his time and also the time of everyone who watched.

This isn’t the equivalent of serena delaying her answer to palermo, this is the equivalent of serena following ash to alola for no other reason than to follow him and giving up on having her own dream.

thor94

There is literally zero reason to advocate for this except for spite because you hate Goh. There’s not a single metatextual benefit to Goh disappearing for a “few episodes” besides to pander to fans who can’t seem to fathom the idea of another protagonist. Get over yourself and get a grip.
We could also say there was no metatextual benefit to ash to be completely removed from two goh episodes. I don't see why an ash episode couldn't receive the same treatment. Goh could have been gone to do a random offscreen business before the episode start (didn't wake up, go to school, study for a future mew trial, take something he forgotten at home, or any stuff not really important to us, just an excuse for him tostay completely offscreen like they did for ash)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.