• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 3rd: PM2019 113 - Last Mission! Get Regieleki and Regidorago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Cinderace kicking Blastoise’a Hydro Cannon is what I only hope to be some type of combination move because otherwise

Bleh
I’m going to assume they’ll use the collision of Hydro Cannon and Pyro Ball/Blaze Kick to create steam to surprise attack their opponents as a callback to Ash vs Gary.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If Goh is battling the Regis here then how does his battling prowess work? Horace easily defeated him last episode and he isn’t likely that much of an experienced battler. How are they going to make this seem believable without it being contrived?
One way I hope they approach this is by having Goh gang up on Regieleki with multiple mons, he has a wide selection, so he uses multiple mons with creative strategies, he's not strong enough to beat it but with this idea he can tire it out to eventually be caught in an Ultra Ball. I'd like that very much!
I’m going to assume they’ll use the collision of Hydro Cannon and Pyro Ball/Blaze Kick to create steam to surprise attack their opponents as a callback to Ash vs Gary.
That's such a cool idea and now I'll be so disappointed when it doesn't happen

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Yes, it's Water Pulse/Blaze Kick combination against the other two chasers.

Here Gary and Goh will become chasers, the questions is who is five?

What I would like is that Lyla gets the 4th spot. Then Goh and Horace have a full battle for the 5th spot with Goh winning.

Then, if the scenario where Project Mew us evil becomes true, Lyla still supports them, while Gary and Goh stand together on their ideals.

But its Journeys...even so, I really want to see a full battle. It's been so long.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Best bunny teaming up and using its soccer ball skills for a mixture of fire-water with a Water-type. Takes me back to AG/DP with Haruka copying Battle Frontier Brain Heath’s famous Fusion of Water-Fire combo (and a second time with Hikari’s Pochama) I’m stoked for Go and Best Bunny to add the Regi to his team and getting a moment of shine and redemption. Life’s and Project Mew has been a challenge for him between getting kicked by Shigeru/Asahi/Tsurugi initially and feeling not comfortable in the Raid Battle, he got his lesson in teaming up but Inteleon couldn’t take down Sirknight (even if it fought alone beforehand) This climb to a big happy moment is appreciated ❤️

I also still love how Tokio and Shigeru are actual rivals and threats without Tokio having to be the “pushover” rival and Shigeru just being inherently superior all the time.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Starting to hope Go fails this and thats the end of Project Mew lol
Nah he's not gonna fail. On top of the overly saccharine tone of JN were hardly anything goes wrong, things have a habit of working out in Goh's favor (the other two Galar starters, two soon to be three legendaries, several fully evolved Pokemon despite being a rookie, the easy evolutions, his Raboot beating both Milotic and Zapdos despite no real training, and the extra tokens even though he bombed the Articuno mission, like he should but still).

In fact, and I say this with deadpan seriousness, he might eventually become Mew's trainer, even though he doesn't deserve it, unless he (the writers) say otherwise.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Normally when a companion gets close to their goal, they fail in order to show that they still have growing to do. Will Go fail?
This isn't really Goh's last personal mission, this is just stepping stone in his goal. He wants to capture Mew, but I don't think mew is showing up here. I do think in the end it'll just have Goh saying he is off to catch Mew or he has to save Mew and they just have a mutual bond type deal without being caught. I just know Goh will not have finished his personal goal but this "last mission" he will complete with Gary, or at least catch a regi and continue onwards

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
That's what I'm saying. His strongest Pokemon are Inteleon and cinderace. Suicune sure, but I'm pretty sure he isn't bringing him along

That last showcasing of cinderace and Inteleon feats, it's nowhere strong enough to justify beating a legendary, sure not all legendary are strong, but the Regis seems like legit powerhouses

So it feels contrived
He does have Suicune and Eternatus too

BlueDragonfangirl

I hope they at least give an explanation why Ash isn’t here, I’d prefer it being because he wanted to stay at his second home a little while longer.

I could see them wanting Ash to stay longer.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
I hope they at least give an explanation why Ash isn’t here, I’d prefer it being because he wanted to stay at his second home a little while longer.

I could see them wanting Ash to stay longer.
Honestly Ash shouldn't have been with Goh on his trial missions at all. Everytime he was, he was made to look incompetent, to make it seem like he and Goh are equal. Remember the Regice episode, they made Ash look like. It's okay if it's only Goh because he's mostly given what he has, rather than actually working for it.

DuskAstral

I hope they at least give an explanation why Ash isn’t here,
After all, Satoshi is mentioned in the cast of the episode, so he will definitely get a short cut scene.
And if you mean his presence in the mission, it may be like the last time, i.e. that this mission is only for candidates.

ShadowForce720

Honestly Ash shouldn't have been with Goh on his trial missions at all. Everytime he was, he was made to look incompetent, to make it seem like he and Goh are equal.
Not really, I’m not sure what you were watching but clearly it wasn’t the episodes, as in the trial mentions Ash didn’t do that much and he wasn’t ever really made to look incompetent.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Not really, I’m not sure what you were watching but clearly it wasn’t the episodes, as in the trial mentions Ash didn’t do that much and he wasn’t ever really made to look incompetent.
Still shouldn't have been there, anymore than Goh should hog screentime in Ash's episodes for one of his annoying catches

ShadowForce720

Still shouldn't have been there, anymore than Goh should hog screentime in Ash's episodes for one of his annoying catches
Goh’s captures that your complaining about that happen in Ash focus episodes only take up a few seconds that likely weren’t going to be used for anything important so to that Goh is hogging screen time in Ash’s episodes is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.