• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 4th: PM2019 069 - I'd Like To Keep An Eye On Their First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
XYZ did the same. It started with the first story-focused episode and then nothing interesting until ep 6-7 with Ash-Greninja. Nothing new in Pokémon.

This is not like Galar-arc with 4 episodes in a row, in fact they didn't announce the number of episodes of Project Mew.
XYZ didn't pretend that those main story elements didn't exist at all outside of the obligatory 1-3 episodes dedicated to them after which they promptly disappear again, with the fillers in between completing washing their hands clean, hence leading to complete disconnects from story episode to story episode. And it didn't prioritize fillers over those story episodes in a way that made the main story elements feel done in a haphazard way.

cb626bfde98fe33398012cf2aef90ece.png

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's amazing how we started from that but now we can't even have consenting adults shown kissing. (Don't Japanese children see a lot of those kisses anyway?)
It's worse, we can't even have consenting adults shown kissing at their freakin' wedding

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But remember we are talking about a cartoon for kids.

I still remembering watching the Ultraman Tiga The Final Odissey movie that did had a kiss scene and it was very... Unremarkable (specially in our country @Kawaii Emolga ). And that show was aiming somewhat higher (no pun intended) than Pokémon.... But I bet it's seen as a big deal there duo to how rare it's in those kind of shows.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Western people fail to see the cultural significance of a My First Errand reference episode in Japan, demanding nonstop action action action.

We get called ignorant, weebs and consoomers regarding Japan for a reason, people.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I guess it depends on how you were brought up and or raised along with the culture around you. Kissing doesn't have to always be seen as erotic and therefor shouldn't be harmful to children. It probably is uncomfortable for anyone younger than seven but is 1-7 really Pokemon's demographic anyway?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The only thing I remember that was censored for the west was when Meowth saw under Mimikyu's sheet and he was found face down on the water.

The western version awkwardly cuts that last part out.
Please don't be oblique.

You know that I'm referring to this apparent cut where kissing was "cut" in Japan, AKA the ORIGINAL version.

Status
Not open for further replies.