• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 4th: PM2019 069 - I'd Like To Keep An Eye On Their First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
I'm worried about whether this means that Episode 68 is indeed the return to Pallet Town and everything from Ash's Reserves to Gary's reintroduction and then Infernape's battle against Moltres will all be rushed events crammed in a single episode, when all of them deserve to be spread out and be given more screentime/focus (the first one in particular).

I just hope I'm wrong and that said episode is about the introduction to Project Mew instead, and the characters who are part of the team as well as the mission of the team.

Screw Journeys and its episodic tendency to just hop around with disconnected plots.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

I knew that this would happen after project Mew, but now it seems that they are going to cram everything in Project Mew for one episode. Yikes
Doesn’t seem that way, makes it seem more like the “arc” is just a bunch of episodes spread out. Which is better in my opinion because they aren’t unloading the full package all at once like they did with Galar.

I’ve gotta say though, usually I like these “Pokémon do shenanigans with each other” episodes. In fact the one with Bunnelby and Chespin was one of my favorite episodes in XY. However, Grookey and Eevee’s relationship isn’t all that dynamic and honestly near nonexistent so I don’t know how I feel about this one.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I'd never, ever wish someone to enjoy their birthday with a freakin' Journeys episode. It's an almost near-lose-lose situation.
It's not like there's nothing else to do besides watching this episode on my birthday, but still I'd have loved if it was oaks lab episode.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
However, Grookey and Eevee’s relationship isn’t all that dynamic and honestly near nonexistent so I don’t know how I feel about this one.
Agreed. As groan inducing a Pikachu focus episode sounds after yet another one (not that I want one more to happen), Pikachu and Grookey have a far more believable relation with how much organically they've interacted since the latter's capture.

This episode's Pokemon-Pokemon dynamic screams episode 48 to me, as in "here, Grookey and Eevee are best friends out of thin air, done and dusted deal now" like they did with the Lucario-Cinderace duo.

Episode 69 nice

Project Mew is only one episode wtf NOOO why not place this filler somewhere else

nuzamaki90

Agreed. As groan inducing a Pikachu focus episode sounds after yet another one (not that I want one more to happen), Pikachu and Grookey have a far more believable relation with how much organically they've interacted since the latter's capture.

This episode's Pokemon-Pokemon dynamic screams episode 48 to me, as in "here, Grookey and Eevee are best friends out of thin air, done and dusted deal now" like they did with the Lucario-Cinderace duo.
Right, Lucario and Cinderace are more of a battle duo. A tag team, because they were always together as Riolu and Raboot, but that’s as far as their relationship goes.

Here, I don’t even think Grookey and Eevee have interacted besides when Grookey rode Eevee that one time. Just doesn’t seem genuine. I would’ve honestly took a “Grookey, Cinderace, and Drizzile spend the day together” episode instead.

Spyro39

However, Grookey and Eevee’s relationship isn’t all that dynamic and honestly near nonexistent so I don’t know how I feel about this one.
Technically, their relationship was briefly touched upon episode 59 (where Grookey joins Goh), when Grookey rode on Eevee's back and Eevee didn't like that as she was trying to get Grookey off. I think now that was a sign their relationship was going to be rocky.

Why are people assuming Grookey and Eevee are BFFs when the summary explicitly says that they don't get along and that's why they don't have an established dynamic ? , they probably get along after this episode sure, but that's exactly why is this for, if we are lucky Gengar can join them as the prankster trio at the lab

Status
Not open for further replies.