• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 4th: PM2019 069 - I'd Like To Keep An Eye On Their First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm worried about whether this means that Episode 68 is indeed the return to Pallet Town and everything from Ash's Reserves to Gary's reintroduction and then Infernape's battle against Moltres will all be rushed events crammed in a single episode, when all of them deserve to be spread out and be given more screentime/focus (the first one in particular).

Yeah, that's all in episode 68.

AsH KetcHHup

Both that episode and this one are named after (and most likely inspired by) the Japanese TV show "My First Errand", a reality show where little kids are given an errand to run and a camera crew follows them to see how they do.
This episode actually could be quite funny then. Do they have parents or carers on the show to provide a live reaction? I think that would be funny with Ash, Go and Koharu.

YelST

watch Roukin
The stated errand could easily be relevant to Project Mew, either to get something SGK (Satoshi, Goh, Koharu) need or to get them out of the way to enable research. The description given so far is vague after all. Knowing how PM19 has been written so far, this is probably at best going to be character development or an excuse for Goh to make a capture but with this taking place within the Project Mew arc there could well be some relevance.

Master Pikachu 11

Doesn’t seem that way, makes it seem more like the “arc” is just a bunch of episodes spread out. Which is better in my opinion because they aren’t unloading the full package all at once like they did with Galar.

I’ve gotta say though, usually I like these “Pokémon do shenanigans with each other” episodes. In fact the one with Bunnelby and Chespin was one of my favorite episodes in XY. However, Grookey and Eevee’s relationship isn’t all that dynamic and honestly near nonexistent so I don’t know how I feel about this one.
Which is why I ended up mentioning this:
Well if that’s the case then I still find it weird to have a Grookey and Eevee development episode in the middle of what should be an arc.
Still they are going to cram a lot in this episode since this is returning to Oak’s lab and learn about Project Mew and meet Ash’s Pokémon then reunite with Gary and then battle Moltres, it’s all going to feel rush. Then you have this episode that is going to be between the lab and heading to the icy area which many are expecting to be CT and it just feels so out of place.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I want romance between Grookey & Eevee.
They are in the same egg group, so...
Both that episode and this one are named after (and most likely inspired by) the Japanese TV show "My First Errand", a reality show where little kids are given an errand to run and a camera crew follows them to see how they do.
That kind of sounds a bit disturbing.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
This episode reminds me of that Kalos episode where Chespin and Bunnelby ran errands.
Hope it gets an insert song too.

Even if the insertion of KiraKira at the time felt more like "well since Sako's made that song, let's use it somewhere"
Meanwhile I'm still waiting on a Cinderace and Drizzile episode :rolleyes:

I think @Spider-Phoenix is too lol
I dunno.... I'd say I would have like it more if it was back during the Raboot/Sobble days. Now, it could work but not as much lol

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Seems like a filler, but I love these "Pokémon go in adventures without the trainers" episodes :p

I agree so much. The Kalos episode with Chespin and Bunnelby was so funny and the Alola episode with the starters was really enjoyable.

I'm also happy that Ash is the one to suggest this since he was in a similar situation before and it also took place in a Pokémon Center.

Hopefully we see Grookey and Eevee use moves for whatever problem they face...but let's be real, its gonna be TR and their gatchamon.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I dunno.... I'd say I would have like it more if it was back during the Raboot/Sobble days. Now, it could work but not as much lol
At least those two already have an established bond with each other.

Also Interestingly enough after this episode airs, Drizzile will be the only Galar Starter without a bonding episode yet.
Tho knowing the Writers, if he gets a bonding episode, it'll probably be an out of nowhere bond with someone on Ash's Team

Red and Blue

Wonder how the Geodude from the preview will tie into things?

Status
Not open for further replies.