• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 4th: PM2019 069 - I'd Like To Keep An Eye On Their First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

The purpose of the "first errand" isn't just some random wholesome entertainment either, Japanese culture emphasizes independence, they didn't come up with the show out of nowhere, the show is based on something that's natural for how they raise kids, so I'd say it's an important lesson to reference in a kid's show.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The purpose of the "first errand" isn't just some random wholesome entertainment either, Japanese culture emphasizes independence, they didn't come up with the show out of nowhere, the show is based on something that's natural for how they raise kids, so I'd say it's an important lesson to reference in a kid's show.

Yeah, that too.

Also, My First Errand isn't just some random show, it's a super popular mainstream one that's been on the air for 30 years, the show itself is pretty much a cultural cornerstone now. It's most likely featured the children of parents who were on the show themselves as kids. It's a very natural thing to reference.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I'm hitting myself in confusion right now.

You start and arc and then interrupt it for a really silly filler that we have seen already in XY?

What's going on with this series and this weird pacing and display of this episodes?

This episode should be before the project Mew introduction and then you do the whole Project Mew arc.

I don't get it really.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Logically, empty episodes come between the Moltres episode and the Regice episode.

If Ash is going to catch more than 6 pokemon, I expect him to catch it in June.

While there are such important episodes, writers have to put blank sections in between.

This is a episode just to spend time.

In the old series, ash's one friends had goals. The number of blank episodes was small.For ex. Dawn , May, Serena

Goh has no goals and it is annoying to constantly catch every pokemon.

In this series, they should have added another target friend beside Ash and Goh.

This is how you can reduce the number of empty sections.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Usually I’d be indifferent to these type of episodes but I’m a fan of the “Pokémon go on a wacky adventure away from their trainers” archetype and I have some faith this filler will be good since most of JN’s post Darkest Day filler episodes have been pretty good (the ones beforehand were pretty boring though I’ll give you that).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Again?!
They literally just did this crap with Lucario and Cinderace! They better not be rushing yet another Oak's lab, I'm sick of them doing that

At least it looks like they'll lead into a Pokemon friendship, instead of trying to say "Look Lucario and Cinderace are BFFs despite them never interacting once before Darkest Day!" (And haven't since that episode lol)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Sarunori and Eevee are Pokémon that maintain roles on the cast so they’re at least interesting. Eevee outside of its evolution storyline and Sarunori finally using a move are going to be nice. Maybe something about Sarunori and Eevee meeting a Leafia, perhaps? Also Koharu/Gou’s dynamic needs more focus so that could help it out a lot.

This is most likely a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon episode
Nothing could touch PMD in terms of how good a storyline could be.

God. Such a good series and game.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
We need PMD gen 8
The anime dropping those specials really sucked. With the main series having gone downhill Pokemon spin-offs seemed to have taken a pause. Would love 4-episode OVA on Explorer of Sky.

Decidueye23

Okay i am not super thrilled about thid filler but project Mew was never confirmed to be a continuous arc. I feel like it will spread across multiple episodes kinda like the Ultra beasts in SM. That regice thing seems to be a seprate episode completely. So depending on how this goes Project Mew could just be Goh's version of PWC where every in 4 5 episodes we get to see one episode dedicated to this.

Master Pikachu 11

Usually I’d be indifferent to these type of episodes but I’m a fan of the “Pokémon go on a wacky adventure away from their trainers” archetype and I have some faith this filler will be good since most of JN’s post Darkest Day filler episodes have been pretty good (the ones beforehand were pretty boring though I’ll give you that).
I don’t mind seeing these type of episodes either but I would prefer that it would happen before or after the Project Mew arc not in the middle of it, because it takes away from the arc itself just like the Ash vs Bea episode when he lost then they stuck a pointless Goh catch a Pikachu episode then have Ash feel the after affects in the Flygon episode. I just think it takes away from the whole development and story that they are trying to tell with an arc. Anyway this episode should be great development for Grookey and Eevee regardless.

Yet another somewhat reused plot for an episode

Bunnelby and Chespin go brrr in XY084

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm actually looking forward to this episode. The errand episode with Chespin & Bunnelby from XY was fun, & Grookey and Eevee both have strong personalities, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of their dynamics

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Seems like a fun filler episode. If anything, it's not going to be like the Lucario and Cinderace episode where most of the episode was spent on that one gag with them being stuck in that cast I think
it'll be fun to see how chloe's eevee and goh's grookey interact. they seem like they'd make good friends.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm worried about whether this means that Episode 68 is indeed the return to Pallet Town and everything from Ash's Reserves to Gary's reintroduction and then Infernape's battle against Moltres will all be rushed events crammed in a single episode, when all of them deserve to be spread out and be given more screentime/focus (the first one in particular).

I just hope I'm wrong and that said episode is about the introduction to Project Mew instead, and the characters who are part of the team as well as the mission of the team.

Screw Journeys and its episodic tendency to just hop around with disconnected plots.
Disconnection is fun

Status
Not open for further replies.