• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 4th: PM2019 069 - I'd Like To Keep An Eye On Their First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasMV

I'm worried about whether this means that Episode 68 is indeed the return to Pallet Town and everything from Ash's Reserves to Gary's reintroduction and then Infernape's battle against Moltres will all be rushed events crammed in a single episode, when all of them deserve to be spread out and be given more screentime/focus (the first one in particular).

I just hope I'm wrong and that said episode is about the introduction to Project Mew instead, and the characters who are part of the team as well as the mission of the team.

Screw Journeys and its episodic tendency to just hop around with disconnected plots.
Worst part is that the reason is to apparently not confuse kids that may have missed the previous episode, hence the episodic nature.

But imo it does the opposite. If you haven't watched the first Bea episode or the first Rinto episode, you won't fully get into the second anyways. And even if a kid watched the first one, the second episodes are so far apart from the first, that they're bound to have forgotten most of it by the time they get back to the plot.

I mean, in previous series we would've had Ash training on-screen for Bea's rematch, so you wouldn't really forget what just happened. But instead we just had a bunch of fillers where Ash acted normally during most of them. Only one where he was feeling down and got better by Go catching Flygon (really?) and then nothing.

Hell if the PWC ranking changing so much off-screen isn't confusing enough. My kid self would be like: what have I missed, when did he get back to Super Class?

To be honest this series probably won't reach the potential I thought it had, mostly because it seems to prioritize episodic filler episodes and treats the actual main plot as secondary.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I hate to say it but I'd take BW and even XY over journeys due to its episodic format and the prioritizing of boring filler episodes over the plot related episodes.

Mirev

I'm hitting myself in confusion right now.

You start and arc and then interrupt it for a really silly filler that we have seen already in XY?

What's going on with this series and this weird pacing and display of this episodes?

This episode should be before the project Mew introduction and then you do the whole Project Mew arc.

I don't get it really.
XYZ did the same. It started with the first story-focused episode and then nothing interesting until ep 6-7 with Ash-Greninja. Nothing new in Pokémon.

This is not like Galar-arc with 4 episodes in a row, in fact they didn't announce the number of episodes of Project Mew.

Last edited:

LucasMV

XYZ did the same. It started with the first story-focused episode and then nothing interesting until ep 6-7 with Ash-Greninja. Nothing new in Pokémon.

This is not like Galar-arc with 4 episodes in a row, in fact they didn't announce the number of episodes of Project Mew.
It's probably going to be the introduction of Project Mew, so from now on it can be a regular thing that they do from time to time, like the Ultra Guardians in SM.

What I don't get is if the part of the trailer that takes place in Crown Tundra is also supposed to happen during episode 68. Cause that would be ridiculous.

Mirev

It's probably going to be the introduction of Project Mew, so from now on it can be a regular thing that they do from time to time, like the Ultra Guardians in SM.

What I don't get is if the part of the trailer that takes place in Crown Tundra is also supposed to happen during episode 68. Cause that would be ridiculous.
Of course not, they don't have time to:
- Return to Pallet
- Oak introduce them to Project Mew
- Ash's mon
- Looking for Infernape
- Gary
- Moltres

Stop, no time for Crown Tundra

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
No pokemon only episode will ever top the pokemons getting drunk at an oden stall and venting about their respective trainer like a tired office worker. So honestly i can’t muster enough excitement for these kind of episodes.

I doubt it can match carnival phantasm take of the first errand show with berserker either. So meh.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No pokemon only episode will ever top the pokemons getting drunk at an oden stall and venting about their respective trainer like a tired office worker. So honestly i can’t muster enough excitement for these kind of episodes.
It's amazing how we started from that but now we can't even have consenting adults shown kissing. (Don't Japanese children see a lot of those kisses anyway?)

Leonhart

Imagineer
The premise of this episode sounds cute on paper, however while I'm glad to see Sarunori receive more screen-time, the thought of it being paired up with Eievui [one of the most hackneyed species in the franchise] doesn't sit well with me.

Henry's Journey

Out of 66-69, three of these episodes look like random fillers :/ (well, Go's Flabebe evolve in 66 but meh), hopefully ep 68 + 70 and beyond will be more interesting and action/adventure packed.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I’ve gotta say though, usually I like these “Pokémon do shenanigans with each other” episodes. In fact the one with Bunnelby and Chespin was one of my favorite episodes in XY. However, Grookey and Eevee’s relationship isn’t all that dynamic and honestly near nonexistent so I don’t know how I feel about this one.
Well so was Chespin and Bunnelby before that episode. I just figure it's an episode to establish that relationship just like the Lucario and Cinderace ep (hopefully with more success)

Status
Not open for further replies.