1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

June 4th: XY075 - A Best-of-Three Rival Battle! Aim Towards Tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I wonder if he has all Hoenn Pokémon or if he has a Kalos Pokémon. That ORAS promotion will be going on for a while I bet.

2. Ace Of Keys

Ace Of Keys Me and My sketch pad

Makes me wonder if this would make him Ash's fan. Judging by the opening showing Shota (i believe that's his name) literally following in Ash's footsteps and as far as we know has a Treeko, my guess is that Shota is probably a new trainer. The fact he records tips he deems necessary to know seems to add to this

3. Lorde

Lorde Banned

We've seen his fangasm-esque reaction when he'll meet Ash in XY073, so yeah.

4. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I think if anyone loses it would probably be Pikachu because we all know Ash likes to underestimate his rivals in the beginning.

5. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

Im glad we know everything about this characted only based on the end of one battle we've seen him do

6. GalladeRocks

GalladeRocks Son of a Beach

Eh, with the exception of the first two battles with Trip and the first full battle with Paul, Pikachu is the one who usually seems to pull off the wins against rivals at the beginning. He pulled through in both his battles with Barry, his battle with Bianca, and both his battles with Tierno. And you could argue his battle with Paul too, since Elekid technically collapsed first, but that's a moot point. So if Pikachu's involved, I expect him to win. But it wouldn't be the first time it happened, so I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he lost either.

7. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

I agree on Pelipper but not sure of Delcatty since I always saw it ending up with Shauna mostly because its double promotes both her in-game team and ORAS.

8. Absketchum

Absketchum Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a treecko vs frodagier, bagon vs hawlucha and wingull vs fletchinder and Ash winning 2-1
    And hawlucha getting a win here..

9. Janovy

Janovy Banned

A Delcatty in Shota's team sounds fun, I'd love to see it.

10. Okay,after seeing the team we currently know he has, I think that his third will be a Pokemon that can Mega-Evolve similar to Bagon and Treecko.

In fact I think that he will have a Beldum,just guessing although Aron would also be a good choice for him imo.

11. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Because they are both pokemon trainers and other reasons I'm sure but the first I listed should answer why anyone wants to battle anyone in the pokemon world.

12. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Likely, it could be in relation to the Gym battle though. If Ash loses maybe Shota offers to practice with him, if Ash wins, maybe Shota wants a chance to beat him.

13. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

assuming Shota only has Hoenn pokemon, I would kinda dig seeing Swalot again, since that pokemon is severely underrated IMO.

14. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

That, or an offensive Craydily to the max!

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

If this is a practice battle only to help Ash against Valerie later, I could handle that if Ash gains a new strategy from this experience.

16. Haunter ゴースト

Personally, i'd prefer it just to be an actual 3v3 battle where they both decided yeah let's have a battle, since we never really get them outside of Gym Battles.

17. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

For me, an actual 3v3 where Shota's Treecko proves that not only Ash can train a small Pokemon to a high level would suffice..

18. Haunter ゴースト

I agree, but we just saw Treecko lose to Clemont very easily five/six episodes ago, it'd be very fast strength if that happened. I'd rather Shota be a newbie trainer/rival who for once, actually doesn't show signs of being better than Ash. I like the new OP because it shows Shota is learning from Ash really.

19. JoaquinLorie

JoaquinLorie Well-Known Member

I think that Shota watches Ash's gym battle vs Valerie, Ash wins and Shota admires Ash and makes him his rival, thus battling him.

20. Squirtle_007

Squirtle_007 Well-Known Member

Another fanboy for Ash? ... no thanks, he already has enough worshipers, Shota most likely will become Ash's rival, I don't want another member in the Ash Cult

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.