• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 4th: XY075 - A Best-of-Three Rival Battle! Aim Towards Tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I wonder if he has all Hoenn Pokémon or if he has a Kalos Pokémon. That ORAS promotion will be going on for a while I bet.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Makes me wonder if this would make him Ash's fan. Judging by the opening showing Shota (i believe that's his name) literally following in Ash's footsteps and as far as we know has a Treeko, my guess is that Shota is probably a new trainer. The fact he records tips he deems necessary to know seems to add to this

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think if anyone loses it would probably be Pikachu because we all know Ash likes to underestimate his rivals in the beginning.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Shota looks like a scrub and apparently battles like one too. No relevant gym badges and a probable loss to Valerie. I'll be surprised if Ash loses.

Im glad we know everything about this characted only based on the end of one battle we've seen him do

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I think if anyone loses it would probably be Pikachu because we all know Ash likes to underestimate his rivals in the beginning.

Eh, with the exception of the first two battles with Trip and the first full battle with Paul, Pikachu is the one who usually seems to pull off the wins against rivals at the beginning. He pulled through in both his battles with Barry, his battle with Bianca, and both his battles with Tierno. And you could argue his battle with Paul too, since Elekid technically collapsed first, but that's a moot point. So if Pikachu's involved, I expect him to win. But it wouldn't be the first time it happened, so I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he lost either.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I also suspect that to be the case, but I might need to check the available Hoenn Pokémon to come up with something. Pelipper and Delcatty both sound decent, but I want to what hasn't made an appearance yet.

I agree on Pelipper but not sure of Delcatty since I always saw it ending up with Shauna mostly because its double promotes both her in-game team and ORAS.

Absketchum

I'd love to see a treecko vs frodagier, bagon vs hawlucha and wingull vs fletchinder and Ash winning 2-1
And hawlucha getting a win here..

Janovy

Banned
A Delcatty in Shota's team sounds fun, I'd love to see it.

Okay,after seeing the team we currently know he has, I think that his third will be a Pokemon that can Mega-Evolve similar to Bagon and Treecko.

In fact I think that he will have a Beldum,just guessing although Aron would also be a good choice for him imo.

Haunter ゴースト

Because they are both pokemon trainers and other reasons I'm sure but the first I listed should answer why anyone wants to battle anyone in the pokemon world.

Likely, it could be in relation to the Gym battle though. If Ash loses maybe Shota offers to practice with him, if Ash wins, maybe Shota wants a chance to beat him.

phanpycross

God-king
assuming Shota only has Hoenn pokemon, I would kinda dig seeing Swalot again, since that pokemon is severely underrated IMO.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
assuming Shota only has Hoenn pokemon, I would kinda dig seeing Swalot again, since that pokemon is severely underrated IMO.

That, or an offensive Craydily to the max!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Likely, it could be in relation to the Gym battle though. If Ash loses maybe Shota offers to practice with him, if Ash wins, maybe Shota wants a chance to beat him.

If this is a practice battle only to help Ash against Valerie later, I could handle that if Ash gains a new strategy from this experience.

Haunter ゴースト

If this is a practice battle only to help Ash against Valerie later, I could handle that if Ash gains a new strategy from this experience.

Personally, i'd prefer it just to be an actual 3v3 battle where they both decided yeah let's have a battle, since we never really get them outside of Gym Battles.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
For me, an actual 3v3 where Shota's Treecko proves that not only Ash can train a small Pokemon to a high level would suffice..

Haunter ゴースト

For me, an actual 3v3 where Shota's Treecko proves that not only Ash can train a small Pokemon to a high level would suffice..

I agree, but we just saw Treecko lose to Clemont very easily five/six episodes ago, it'd be very fast strength if that happened. I'd rather Shota be a newbie trainer/rival who for once, actually doesn't show signs of being better than Ash. I like the new OP because it shows Shota is learning from Ash really.

JoaquinLorie

I think that Shota watches Ash's gym battle vs Valerie, Ash wins and Shota admires Ash and makes him his rival, thus battling him.

Squirtle_007

I think that Shota watches Ash's gym battle vs Valerie, Ash wins and Shota admires Ash and makes him his rival, thus battling him.

Another fanboy for Ash? ... no thanks, he already has enough worshipers, Shota most likely will become Ash's rival, I don't want another member in the Ash Cult

Status
Not open for further replies.