• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 4th: XY075 - A Best-of-Three Rival Battle! Aim Towards Tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinLorie

Another fanboy for Ash? ... no thanks, he already has enough worshipers, Shota most likely will become Ash's rival, I don't want another member in the Ash Cult

He is going to probably be a rival that admires him, as seen in the opening as he follows Ash's footsteps, it's not a cult.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Personally, i'd prefer it just to be an actual 3v3 battle where they both decided yeah let's have a battle, since we never really get them outside of Gym Battles.

Well either way, as long as this pays off for Ash at the Laverre Gym assuming that a rematch happens, I'm good.

Squirtle_007

He is going to probably be a rival that admires him, as seen in the opening as he follows Ash's footsteps, it's not a cult.

Ash has more than enough admirers in XY , he doesn't need anymore, even the crap Ash does in XY is perfect and nobody argues with him or his methods, it is a cult, it makes me miss Trip more and more (¬_¬)

ShadowForce720

I don't necessarily agree with you here (remember Grotle's beef with Honchkrow?), but Tyrantrum vs. Salamence would be one carnage of a trainwreck of a battle. Holy. Slaughtered. Cow.

Someone give me a battle that features at least:
- Tyrantrum vs. Salamence
- Hawlucha vs. Sceptile

I'll support that any day. Throw in a Greninja vs. Charge Beam/Cosmic Power/Baton Pass-Delcatty and I'll be in heaven. That and Phantump vs. Golurk.

Yeah, since I swept Wallace with my Delcatty I've got nothing but love for the thing.

Well yeah I know that Grotle had a rivalry with Honchkrow but I think Honchkrow was also Staravia's rival too so I think Honchkrow was both Grotle's and Staravia's rival. I do agree that a Tyrantrum vs Salamence fight would be awesome to see especially during the league. Although I think Dragalge also would probably put up a good fight against Salamance too although I feel like from what's it's looking like that Ash would more likely get a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum over a Skrelp/Dragagle. Now as to Noibat being Bagon's rival although I'm sure the two would make good rivals at first the only thing that I'm unsure about is if Noivern would be able to handle Salamance because I wouldn't want it to be where one of the two just gets completely decimated by the other.

You know it's funny because the first opening to Pokémon Diamond & Pearl made it seem like Elekid was going to be Pikachu's rival, while Murkow would be Starly's rival, and Chimchar would be the rival of both Aipom and Turtwig although as we saw that didn't really work out that way.

I'd love to see a treecko vs frodagier, bagon vs hawlucha and wingull vs fletchinder and Ash winning 2-1
And hawlucha getting a win here..

Although it's certainly possible that Hawlucha could fight Bagon I don't think that it would be a good ideal to have them as rival's don't get me wrong I have nothing against Hawlucha and it's certainly not weak but I don't think Hawlucha could really take on a Salamance. Although I think a Hariyama would be a good rival for Hawlucha.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I agree, but we just saw Treecko lose to Clemont very easily five/six episodes ago, it'd be very fast strength if that happened. I'd rather Shota be a newbie trainer/rival who for once, actually doesn't show signs of being better than Ash. I like the new OP because it shows Shota is learning from Ash really.

Technically we only see the end of that battle. Clemont even says Treeko battled pretty well.

Captain America X

Technically we only see the end of that battle. Clemont even says Treeko battled pretty well.

Luxray was not even shown to have been tired or damaged in the match.Also just because he said he battled well doesn't mean he was very strong.He could have just been better than Clemont expected.

phanpycross

God-king
Luxray was not even shown to have been tired or damaged in the match.Also just because he said he battled well doesn't mean he was very strong.He could have just been better than Clemont expected.

Yeah, it's Clemont we're talking about, Luxray could have one-shotted his entire team in a 3v1, and Clemont would still have been nice about it :p

Lorde

This episode makes me think that it wouldn't have a rematch at the Laverre Gym just a straight win for Ash I guess.

I mean it's possible, but I figure that Ash could still lose in XY074 and this match could be part of his new training regimen.

Grey Wind

I kind of hope his third Pokemon is from Kalos, I don't really want his team to be completely dedicated to Hoenn Pokemon. Something like Slurpuff or Clauncher would suit him.

I'm really happy we're getting this battle though, there's been a real lack of non-gym battles in XY so far and all of Ash's Pokemon could do with some screentime. I expect Shota to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if Treecko and Pikachu tied or something.

ShadowForce720

I kind of hope his third Pokemon is from Kalos, I don't really want his team to be completely dedicated to Hoenn Pokemon. Something like Slurpuff or Clauncher would suit him.

I'm really happy we're getting this battle though, there's been a real lack of non-gym battles in XY so far and all of Ash's Pokemon could do with some screentime. I expect Shota to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if Treecko and Pikachu tied or something.

Well even if he has Kalos pokemon I wouldn't be surprised if most of his team is from Hoenn though. Although I do think his 3rd pokemon here will be a pokemon from Hoenn. Also I think it will still be in it's base form so if he were to wind up with a Delcatty then it would still be a Skitty at this point. Now as for pokemon from Hoenn I think his team will probably be full of pokemon that can evolve. Although it's still up in the air as to if his team is only going to be composed of pokemon from Hoenn or not.

Lorde

I kind of hope his third Pokemon is from Kalos, I don't really want his team to be completely dedicated to Hoenn Pokemon.

I agree. And y'all know I love Litleo, so I kind of hope that he owns one and uses it here. :p

Grey Wind

Well even if he has Kalos pokemon I wouldn't be surprised if most of his team is from Hoenn though. Although I do think his 3rd pokemon here will be a pokemon from Hoenn. Also I think it will still be in it's base form so if he were to wind up with a Delcatty then it would still be a Skitty at this point. Now as for pokemon from Hoenn I think his team will probably be full of pokemon that can evolve. Although it's still up in the air as to if his team is only going to be composed of pokemon from Hoenn or not.
Whatever his third Pokemon is I hope it's evolved (or at least like... not blatantly NFE).

If it's from Hoenn I hope it's Lairon, or maybe something like Swalot or Kecleon that we haven't seen in a while. If it's a Kalos Pokemon I think Carbink would be pretty cool (have we seen it in the main anime yet?). I adore the two Pokemon they've given him so far so I hope they continue making good choices for his team.

I agree. And y'all know I love Litleo, so I kind of hope that he owns one. :p

I was thinking that! We're so in sync. I don't think it'll debut here though but it'd be cool if he got it somewhere down the line.

ShadowForce720

Whatever his third Pokemon is I hope it's evolved (or at least like... not blatantly NFE).

If it's from Hoenn I hope it's Lairon, or maybe something like Swalot or Kecleon that we haven't seen in a while. If it's a Kalos Pokemon I think Carbink would be pretty cool (have we seen it in the main anime yet?). I adore the two Pokemon they've given him so far so I hope they continue making good choices for his team.

I was thinking that! We're so in sync. I don't think it'll debut here though but it'd be cool if he got it somewhere down the line.

I don't see why Shota's third pokemon needs to be evolved though. It could easily be a Wingull or a Numel and that would still work. It could also be a Makuhita.

Lorde

May be and I can't wait to see his Treecko and Bagon fight here.

Tbh, I'm hoping for an evolution of either of them here since Shota seems confirmed as Ash's regional rival now. He needs stronger Pokemon for that imo.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Tbh, I'm hoping for an evolution of either of them here since Shota seems confirmed as Ash's regional rival now. He needs stronger Pokemon for that imo.

Maybe his Treecko will evolve in Grovyle in this battle?

If this is three 1 vs 1 matches, I kind of see it going the way of Ash Vs trip's battle where they both got a win and one tie.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Assuming that Celmont used the same Pokemon order when he battled Ash on Shota, I think he might have an ace up his sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.